• You cannot reply to this topic

Western Pacific's 3rd Subdivision by 3DTrains Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostATW, on 07 September 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

Errors I have on this route is my train never want's to load in Oroville yard or south of it.

If you are trying to load with starting point at Orville Yard and destination Camp Rogers with a long consist you will run into a problem. That starting point has the ENG facing into the pit of the turntable. The ACT that uses that path starts with a consist of a single GP35 that backs out of the Engine Service area and goes after the wagons it has to deliver. So starting at the Starting Point titled "Orville Yard" one must consider the length of the consist used as not all consist can use that starting point.

If you want to start in the Orville Yard with any consist of your choosing the use the Path that has the destination of Portola Yard.

#22 User is offline   Hack 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

View Postcr-stagg, on 08 September 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Which file are you referring to Marc? I don't find a .....\trains\trainset\CarStrings\String_Mix_15.wag in my WP3 mini install

That's not one of our files - "Carstrings" should be the first clue - everything we do is 3DTrains....

Nevertheless, I thought we were looking for GX-LPBoxString06.wag?

#23 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

View Postcr-stagg, on 08 September 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

If you are trying to load with starting point at Orville Yard and destination Camp Rogers with a long consist you will run into a problem. That starting point has the ENG facing into the pit of the turntable. The ACT that uses that path starts with a consist of a single GP35 that backs out of the Engine Service area and goes after the wagons it has to deliver. So starting at the Starting Point titled "Orville Yard" one must consider the length of the consist used as not all consist can use that starting point.

If you want to start in the Orville Yard with any consist of your choosing the use the Path that has the destination of Portola Yard.

Thanks for that info. I mainly start in South Oroville on single main an run into this problem loading an when I start with a short train problem does not pop up until I get closer to the yard.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users