Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Loco Animation Problem Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gman347 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

I'm not sure if I am reporting this in the correct place but I was running Bill Pratt's K-28 476 in Open Rails and discovered that the entire pilot assembly is rotating with the pilot wheels! The reason I am reporting the problem here is because the problem does not show itself in MSTS. The screen shots below show what is happening in the X2319 version of OR on the Silverton V2 route. I tried the same operation in the current stable release version of OR as well as a few other "X" versions and got the same result. The loco looks OK when I run it in MSTS; the pilot does not move.

I am attaching the log file that was created when I ran the program. I see that there are a few errors being reported and I guess those need to be addressed at some point but it didn't look to me like they would have anything to do with the problem at hand.

This is my first "bug" report so please bear with me and just let me know what other information you might need.

Paul :sign_thanks:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-06-16 08-23-19.jpg
  • Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-06-16 08-29-48.jpg

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Gman347 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

I decided to give this a bump because I was running OR yesterday and selected this engine and it reminded me that I never got an answer to my original question. Have I posted this question in the wrong place? The loco runs fine in MSTS but the entire pilot rotates with the lead wheel set in OR. Is this an engine animation problem I should be telling the creator about or is this an OR quirk?:handsdown:

Any help would be appreciated. She is a beautiful piece of work and it's a shame not be able to enjoy it in OR.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul :)

#3 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

If I remember correctly, this is because of the hierarchy of the model itself, rather than an issue with OR specifically... With that said though, you are right that MSTS is somehow able to interpret the hierarchy correctly regardless of whether it is slightly irregular or not. For all of MSTS's other issues, it is remarkable that at least in this regard the old program is somewhat forgiving ;)

#4 User is offline   jared2982 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:MSTS, TS2017, OR

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

It is hierarchy error causing the issue. The pilot somehow got labeled as Wheels1. If you examine the hierarchy in shape viewer or by decompressing the shape file itself you will find to entries for Wheels1. I think or is using just names of objects to decide what is to be animated instead of looking for actual animation entries in the shape file.

#5 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

Some MSTS oriented model progs may automatically animate any object labeled wheels(x) whereas the *sim* automatically animates any object labeled wheels(xx) and bogiie(x).

You must be careful and vigilant when labeling wheel (and other animated) objects. It is easy to make mistakes when tired, I know this for a fact.

Cheers Bazza.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users