• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tourist Railroads! Part 2 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   steampower2001 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS and RW

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

Okay, so remember that new road I was talking about a few posts up? Anyways, here it is, and I really like this one! Its called the East Creek & Western Railroad (ironic name, huh?). The reporting mark will be ECWR. Anyways, the line starts in the town of Whitesboro, PA, about an hour west of Philadelphia. There is a yard, engine shed, and two depots at Whitesboro (one original, which holds the gift shop, and the other being built in 1983 which holds the ticket office and such). The line then heads west about 5 miles to the tiny town of Serviceville, where there is a run-around for the regular hourly excursions. About 10 more miles down the line, the tracks reach Linetown, PA, where there is another run-around for the Friday night dinner train. No trains go past this point unless there is a special excursion or a needed transfer with NS. About 7 more miles from Linetown is the town of Howe's Gap where the tracks merge with NS. The speed limit along the whole line is 25, except for the yard at Whitesboro and Linetown, in which the limit is 15.

Excursions

There are only two excursions offered (unless something is chartered). There is the regular hourly excursions which runs 5 miles to Serviceville, runs-around the train, and heads back to Whitesboro. This excursion is usually steam but diesel is used if there is problem with steam and such. This trip lasts 35-40 minutes, and runs every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the spring and autumn months, and everyday (except Monday) in the summer months. The next excursion is the "East River Dinner Train" which runs west to Linetown while the passengers are enjoying a nice fancy dinner. This trip is diesel only and lasts about an hour and a half. This excursion only runs on select Fridays in the spring and autumn months, and every Friday in the summer months.

Equipment

Locomotives

WP 0-6-0 #165 Crosby 3-Chime

NKP GP7 #410 Nathan K5LA

Passenger Cars

6 Ex. DLW Commuter Coaches

1 Ex. DLW Commuter Combine
Baggage area has been transformed into a kitchen for the dinner train, and seats have been removed and refitted with tables and chairs.

Freight

2 Ex. CB&Q Hoppers
Currently on display in front of the depot

Ex. MoPac Woodside Boxcar

Ex. DRGW Cupola Caboose

Hope you guys like it! Screenshots to come soon!

#12 User is offline   Stephen Hjellum 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Well, I suppose I ought to post an update for CRCP (ex-WARY) shortline excursion & tourist railroads.

First up, Golden State Traction:
1 GP9 (699)
1 GP40-2 (700)
1 MP15AC (698)
2 Budd Coaches
1 Economy Baggage Car
4 open air observation deck coaches
1 Parlor Coach
1 Observation Lounge

Palm Bay Railroad Museum
1 C30-7 (550)
1 MP15AC (111)
1 GP9 (99)
1 SW1200 (19)
1 Electric Interurban Coach (100)
2 P70 Coaches (374-375)
2 Open Air Observation Deck Coaches (200-201)
1 Economy Baggage Car

Yolo Shortline Railroad
3 GP9 (131-133)
3 GP7u (134-136)
1 50 Ton Swticher (50)
1 Alco S1 (511)
1 Baldwin 0-6-0 (1233)
2 Coaches
1 Economy Baggage Car
2 Open Air Observation Deck Coaches
2 Caboose

Sierra Railroad/Railtown 1897
1 GP9E
1 S12
2 GP20
1 GP7
3 Caboose
6 coaches (SERA)
2 Bilevel Gallery Cars
6 Steam Locomotives
1 8 Ton Plymouth Switcher
1 45 Ton Switcher
1 80 Ton Switcher
2 Railcars
3 MRS-1
1 RS4TC
8 Wooden Cars
10 Heavyweight Steel Cars
2 Lightweight Steel Cars
8 Caboose

Sonoma, Napa & Berryessa
5 F45R
2 SD9
Assorted Coaches

Capay & Clear Lake Railway
3 GP9E
2 F40PHS
10 Coaches
3 Open Air Observation Deck Coaches
1 Caboose

And this is just the Pacific Central Division of CRCP's Tourist Passenger Operations! More to come as time permits.

#13 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

I like what you've got, Jake, but you gotta nix 165. Not only does she not fit the area, but the real 165 still exists over in Portola, CA, undergoing a restoration. Other than that, I like what you've got going. Here's a question; how do you decide what whistles each engine carries?

#14 User is offline   steampower2001 

• Engineer

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

Darn it! Completely forgot about the real 165, and I just finished making the activities for the road too but, what if, there was a shortline, with an 0-6-0 that carried the same road number? How about my new Erie & DePlate Railroad? Now, 165 won't be out of place!

Attached Image: Erie & DePlate RR.png

Anyways, for the whistles, I just think of whistles I like, or just go on YouTube and do a quick search of whistles for all the whistles that I've forgotten about. :D Simple process, and actually quite fun!

#15 User is offline   Mipman25 

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

That still looks a bit too much like the real thing. I'd say change up the number (preferably in Railroad Roman font, which can be accessed on this site via a quick search) and she'll be good. A quick reletter/renumber job on an 0-6-0 like that can help it to stand out. I've done it before with CP&A 0-6-0 68, currently preserved at the Harrison Terminal Railroad. Heck, create the whole damn thing if you want! I love the look of that herald. As for horns and whistles, you can change them up if you like, although quite a few go for a prototypical approach.

Here's a shot of 68 for reference, albeit in revenue service switching a yard on the east side of the CP&A's four-state (more like 2 1/4-state) network. There's quite a bit to be changed with her, especially her oil-burning tender which should burn coal. The number may also be changed, and even her roadname might be redone to better suit the CP&A! Then again, the Monon pretty much suffers from CP&A syndrome, with a small name on a big system. However, the CP&A's name is irrelevant nowadays and needs to be redone.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/DustinJRaiken/CPampA68buzzingaroundtheyardedited_zps8b5521f3.png

#16 User is offline   steampower2001 

• Engineer

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

Alright, how about this...?

Attached Image: E&DR 90.png

0-6-0 #90 built for the Erie & DePlate Railroad. Now owned by the East Creek & Western Railroad in Whitesboro, PA.

#17 User is offline   Mipman25 

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

I'm not quite sure about that WP font (if it is WP), but I love how everything else came out. Here, try this out for size. Capital letters stretch the text with this font, while lowercase letters look normal. This won't quite matter that much for a number, though http://www.elvastowe...oad-roman-font/ In addition, you can also tweak a few other things, such as the colors of the running boards, smokebox, and numberplate. Unfortunately, though, the way Derek's steamers are mapped means whitewalls cannot be added unless you use a freight animation (2-8-0 and 4-6-0) or an entirely separate wagon (everything else except the 4-8-2, which already has whitewalls).

#18 User is offline   steampower2001 

• Engineer

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

Thanks, Dustin! I actually might repaint it into Milstead Railroad 104 aka "Dinky", which is currently on display in Conyers, GA I've always loved this engine. The only thing is, she is a Rogers engine, not an ALCO therefor, you can already see some significant differences.

Attached Image: Dinky_steam_locomotive.jpg

#19 User is offline   Mipman25 

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

I'm not sure about putting 165 into that livery. There's an 0-6-0 by Jon Gronoset on TrainSim which would work much better for Dinky. There seem to be a lot of locomotives which are named Dinky. My favorite Dinkies are the 0-4-0Ts that switched the Great Western sugar mills sprawled about Colorado, Nebraska, and Montana, lasting into 1983 with the collapse of the sugar beet industry ending their long run. Many of the Dinkies are preserved, and at least two are in excellent condition. Heck, if I ever do go past my role as a foamer and get into the rail preservation scene, I'd buy and restore a Dinky! It would be small, affordable, easy to truck around, and packed with history.

#20 User is offline   steampower2001 

• Engineer

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

Yeah, I've had Jon's 0-6-0, and I really like it! I'll probably repaint it into the "Dinky" #104 later. For now, I'll just work on 90's numbering.

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users