• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Timetable concept Alternative way to define running of trains

#501 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:44 AM

Got this error resuming a save Timetable run that I played this morning and intended to continue. Unfortunately this error pops up when trying to resume the activity... :( This is first time getting this type of error.

---------------------------
Open Rails X4230
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)

at Orts.Viewer3D.SharedMaterialManager.Mark(Material material) in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Materials.cs:line 407

at Orts.Viewer3D.Material.Mark() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Materials.cs:line 560

at Orts.Viewer3D.SceneryMaterial.Mark() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Materials.cs:line 979

at Orts.Viewer3D.ShapePrimitive.Mark() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Shapes.cs:line 1259

at Orts.Viewer3D.SharedShape.Mark() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Shapes.cs:line 2013

at Orts.Viewer3D.StaticShape.Mark() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Shapes.cs:line 159

at Orts.Viewer3D.RollingStock.MSTSWagonViewer.Mark() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\RollingStock\MSTSWagonViewer.cs:line 780

at Orts.Viewer3D.TrainDrawer.Mark() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Trains.cs:line 104

at Orts.Viewer3D.World.Load() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\World.cs:line 109

at Orts.Viewer3D.Viewer.Load() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Viewer.cs:line 685

at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateViewer3D.Load() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\GameStateViewer3D.cs:line 126

at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.LoaderProcess.Load() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 158

at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.LoaderProcess.DoLoad() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\LoaderProcess.cs:line 138
OK   

#502 User is offline   Howky 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:55 AM

Wouldn't it be possible to put the timetable into multiplayer gaming?

#503 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:38 AM

View PostHowky, on 08 April 2019 - 04:55 AM, said:

Wouldn't it be possible to put the timetable into multiplayer gaming?

No, it wouldn't.
The present set-up of multiplayer doesn't allow for the necessary distribution of all required data.
It would require a full redesign of multiplayer to make it possible to do something like that.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#504 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:10 PM

Version X1.3.1-52 includes a fairly extensive update to the timetable code.
Most of this code update concerns small improvements and corrections. Most of these were problems relating to attach / detach /pickup / transfer moves, in particular if this involved the player train.

Some more visible changes are :
  • The new activate/activated functions are now included.
  • The dispatcher hud now shows the total number of active trains at the top.
  • Trains which are delayed are now moved to the top of the list in the dispatcher hud.
    This might help in checking and analysing the timetable as delayed trains are now always shown.
  • The program now always starts in 'paused' mode.
    This is particularly useful for long and busy timetables for when starting a train late in such a timetable, the program can take quite some time before the prerun is ready and the train starts.
    There is no longer any need to stay glued to the monitor waiting for the startup to finish.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

PS. A demonstration timetable which includes all new features is now available in this post

#505 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:16 AM

Hi Rob. Thanks for the update. I like the pause at start very much as I can do other thing during the several minutes of timetable loading. Also putting delayed trains to the top of the F5 is very helpful.
I have a problem though. Some non player trains with pickup or transfer do not resume after couplling. The platform exit signal remains red, or if not in a station the train does not move.
The F5 Hud shows stp or sta N+295 Auth / stat signal /stop
This is in x1.3.1-52-gc441fa37 (this new naming is hard work!) I do not see any log errors
The same trains and timetable work ok before the update, and specifically ok in x4222 and x4075
thanks, rick

#506 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:22 AM

What you could check for, is if there is any train which has an attach/transfer command for the train which is stuck in the #note or #dispose fields. If there is an attach/transfer command in #note or #dispose, the program assumes this is to take place where the other train is starting and will hold that train in that position.
If this is the case, then either move the attach/transfer command to a station location or split the train which is now stuck such that it starts at as new train in the location where the attach/transfer is to take place.
If you cannot find any such link, run the train which gets stuck as player train and see what the station information window (F10) is showing. It's likely that this window shows the information on what the train is waiting for.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#507 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:51 AM

Thanks for your advice, Rob. I will try it. The stuck trains have transfer or pickup in the station field. I do not see any F10 info
To avoid spoiling this thread, I will continue in my own thread about my route timetable
http://www.elvastowe...142#entry247142

#508 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:10 AM

Attached is an update of the manual for timetable commands.
This now also includes full definitions for pools and turntable pools.

Some notes on the use of turntable pools :
  • At present, turntables can only be used for pool access, so for storing or extracting engines.
    It is not yet possible to use turntables for just turning only.
  • It is not possible to perform shunt moves in or around turntables.
    So it is not possible to place wagons on turntables and turn the wagon only, or use shunt engines to shunt wagons or 'dead' locos onto storage tracks.
  • When using turntable in timetable for player train, do NOT use manual controls as defined for explorer and activity mode.
    In timetable mode, the turntable will act automatically for the player train just as it would for AI trains.

Updated manual :
Attached File  Timetable Commands.pdf (233.18K)
Number of downloads: 757

Example files for turntable.
This zip-file contains the .turntable-or definition file for the turntable at Durango on the Rio Grande Southern route, as well as all path files used in that definition.
Attached File  DurangoTT.zip (13.23K)
Number of downloads: 456

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#509 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:10 PM

Due to problems with merging sequences in the Unstable version, the turntable function for timetable mode is no longer available in the present Unstable update. When, or even if, this problem can be resolved I do not know.
The turntable function may or may not still be available in the monogame versions. I do not run the monogame versions myself so I cannot tell.
My apologies for anyone who was using or intending to use this function.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#510 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:23 AM

View Postroeter, on 02 October 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

Due to problems with merging sequences in the Unstable version, the turntable function for timetable mode is no longer available in the present Unstable update. When, or even if, this problem can be resolved I do not know.
The turntable function may or may not still be available in the monogame versions. I do not run the monogame versions myself so I cannot tell.
My apologies for anyone who was using or intending to use this function.

Problem has been solved (with thanks to James Ross).
This function has now been merged into the Testing version (master), and so is also automatically included in the Unstable version.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users