Elvas Tower: Timetable concept - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Timetable concept Alternative way to define running of trains Rate Topic: -----

#481 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

Driver,
The newest version's manual should be mostly up to date as far as commands go

#482 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

I don't know what has happened in the last few months I've been taking a break. But all of a sudden, my coal consists for my Powder River coal timetable, they are all messed up. Loaded coal trains heading south are actually empty. Empty coal trains heading to the coal loading sites, are showing up loaded. At the beginning of the year, everything was working fine. Now not so much. I just started a new test timetable. The empty coal consist showed up at the mine with a full load. When I test that consist in freeroam, it shows up as an empty consist. Something has definitely changed since the first of the year, and for me, the timetable editor is now broken because of this.

Also, now whenever a coal train pulls into a coal mine and stops, OR crashes to desktop. Even in my test timetable, when the empty train enters the loading track, and it is set to trigger the same consist, only the loaded version this time, it still crashes to desktop, without triggering the loaded train, which then is supposed to sit there at the mine for a few hours to represent it's loading time, before departing. Again, at the first of the year, I had a timetable for every mine on the powder river working just fine. And I even had all the timetables working at the same time, bringing the Powder River gloriously alive with UP and BNSF coal trains. I return, upgrade OR, and now timetable mode is just shattered for me now.

I am tired of the TS20xx junk physics, and the TSW train wreck, and came back to continue my work with OR and my PRB timetable, but now it's unworkable. Bummed here guys.

I figured out the crash. I have the sli trainspotter set up at the mine so that I may get the arrival time so that I can program the loaded departure time. Previously I didn't need to have anything in the dispose column, but for S&G and added the static command to my trainspotter, and when the empty coal train arrived and stopped, OR did not crash this time. BUT, my trigger for the empty coal train, to trigger it's loaded consist, the coal cars are not showing their coal load, and the train sat there until 0435 and departed empty. Not sure if this is a trigger problem, or a timetable problem in general. As stated before, at the beginning of the year, all my triggers for the empty coal trains arriving, triggered the loaded consist without fault. Now not a single loaded consist is showing it's coal load within the railcar.

I have gone into the timetable mode, and if I choose to drive one of the loaded coal trains, Open Rails is not showing the coal load in the railcar. In activity mode, using a loaded coal consist, the coal load shows up in the cars. In timetable mode, the coal load is not showing in the car.

I just did another test. This time just to see, I had a loaded bnsf coal train, with loaded bethgons pull into the coal mine. The trigger was set to spawn the loaded union pacific 5bay coal hoppers. the trigger did not activate, and the loaded bnsf bethgon train sat there and departed at 0435. I have gone through more of my original timetables that were previously working, and the trigger is now definitely broken. Nothing is triggering now on timetables that were working fine, and have been unedited since they were working properly a few months ago.

#483 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:43 PM

View Postebnertra000, on 06 October 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

Driver,
The newest version's manual should be mostly up to date as far as commands go

Is this pooling thing I am reading about working, and if so how...and some of the other newer commands I am seeing here in the forum, I'm not really seeing in the manual upon quick glance.

#484 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:42 AM

There's a temporary manual with all the latest commands etc. available here.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#485 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:05 AM

Hi Driver, as you have realized there was a massive expansion of Timetables in May17. We users are still learning the new features. As Rob has said he has little time at present, it is up to us to work out the new commands as best we can.
It must be frustrating to find your existing timetable malfunctioning, but the new features are so exciting, I feel sure you will think it worth the trouble of revising your timetable. The new ability to pickup, detach and transfer consists will transform your timetable.
Please PM me if I can help.
( I use $forms instead of $triggers)
Thanks for the Arma3 recommendation. My Son has now bought it, and is thrilled!
rick

#486 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:50 AM

View Postrickloader, on 07 October 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

Hi Driver, as you have realized there was a massive expansion of Timetables in May17. We users are still learning the new features. As Rob has said he has little time at present, it is up to us to work out the new commands as best we can.
It must be frustrating to find your existing timetable malfunctioning, but the new features are so exciting, I feel sure you will think it worth the trouble of revising your timetable. The new ability to pickup, detach and transfer consists will transform your timetable.
Please PM me if I can help.
( I use $forms instead of $triggers)
Thanks for the Arma3 recommendation. My Son has now bought it, and is thrilled!
rick

Hello,
I was reading throught the forums and seeing some of the new features mentions and checked out some of the blueprints. I am very interested by the new features. I think I was one of the few people actually working on an United States freight timetable. The route is the powder river basin, coal route in Wyoming. How I had it set up, was that an empty train would arrive at a coalmine. I had it set up for the incoming empty to trigger it's loaded consist counterpart. Then that loaded consist would sit in the coal mine for 2.5 to three hours, before it left the coalmine. The traffic on the line was excellent, and it was great seeing coal trains sitting at the mines and all the life that the timetable mode brought to this route. I have been up there in real life, and it is a non stop barrage of coal action 24-7. I remember in the past that form command wasn't providing what I needed, but I will have to give that a look again to see if that has changed. Thanks also for the link you provided to the most recent updated commands.

Upon further review, is seems as thought the SLI Trainspotter is not playing well with OR any longer as far as I can tell. If I use the trainspotter to see of the trigger is working at a coal mine, the trigger is not activating, and OR crashes to desktop. If I remove the trainspotter .eng file and just run the train through to it's destination, the triggered consist is forming correctly. Hopefully I have found the bug and if the trainspotter file is the culprit, then the timetable mode is ok.

#487 User is offline   Driver 

• Fireman

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

View Postroeter, on 15 March 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Yes, allthough it's not officially documented.
To run multiple timetables, you need to create a 'timetable list'. This is a plain textfile with file extention .timetablelist_or.
It's placed in the same directory as the timetables itself, and contains just a list of all required timetable files.
Comment lines can be inserted by placing '#' as first character, the first comment is taken as description and will be shown in the selection menu (if no description is provided, the filename will be shown).
If there is need to reference a train in another timetable (e.g. for $wait or $forms command), that reference must be set as <train>:<timetable>. For instance, if there are two timetables, named 'inbound' and 'outbound', and train A in the 'inbound' timetable is to form train B defined in 'outbound', the command will look like this : $forms B:outbound.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

If I use this command, will inbound train go static until it's start time in timetable b? And if so, where exactly do I put this command. I have a coal train that I am staging in a yard which would be my inbound timetable, and then I have a second timetable that I want to have pull that staged train into the coal mine.

#488 User is offline   oliver2 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:50 PM

Greetings to All,

I'm asking for some help from the Community.

I'm creating a timetable for MILW RMD-East, with BA&P moves included. I decided to use the $triggers command to make unloaded copper trains of the loaded ones at the unloading facility at Anaconda. Strangely, the consist doesn't switch to unloaded cars.

I attached some images to make it clear. "bapwup" is the loaded train, "bapdown1" is the empty one. As You can see, the train changes to "bapdown1", but the cars are still loaded with copper. Everyting else works fine, the train runs down the hill, locos reverse, and it pulls back to Butte where the mine is, but the cars remain loaded.

I searched for the $triggers command here at Elvas, and found that other people mentioned that it works, so I have no idea. I checked the log file, no issues. The end point of the loaded train and the start of the empty is at the same location (otherwise program crashes at startup). I'm using X3936.

Thank You: Peter

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: a.jpg
  • Attached Image: b.jpg
  • Attached Image: Open Rails 2017-11-13 07-01-00.jpg
  • Attached Image: Open Rails 2017-11-13 07-01-05.jpg

#489 User is offline   markyisri 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

Can failed signals be considered for timetables?

#490 User is offline   Howky 

• Fireman

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:17 AM

I would like to know how to handle freight trains? when they do not go to the station to the platform.
and the second MP query can not be run on Timetable?

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users