Elvas Tower: Rock Island Mikado Class K-55 No. 2309 - Elvas Tower

Library Rule

No uploading is allowed here by anyone. That includes screenshots or other images. Any screenshot or image desired in any post must be hotlinked from an image hosting site(Photobucket, etc,) or existing topic in the main discussion forums.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rock Island Mikado Class K-55 No. 2309 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tlorey 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1834
File Name: Rock Island Mikado Class K-55 No. 2309
File Submitter: tlorey
File Submitted: 18 Apr 2014
File Category: Steam Locos Std Gauge

Rock Island had 20 class K-55 Mikado's. The 2-8-2 was very popular in the United States, mostly as a freight locomotive, due to their 8 large drivers. They were ideal for pulling long, heavy consists, and occasionally found their way into passenger service as well. Mikados generally replaced the 2-8-0 Consolidation as the main heavy freight locomotive type. The "Mike" remained the most common road freight locomotive with most railroads until the end of steam.

Installation:
Unzip ri2309 to a temporary folder.
Move contents to your \Train Simulator\trainset folder.
Create a consist and you are ready to go.

Credits: Repaint by Ted Lorey.
This is a repaint of Richard Jenkin's Great Northern 3208 (original model by Conn McCarthy). Mr. Jenkins kindly gave me permission to repaint his work as a Rock Island version.

Cabview: by Stephen Thompson and Rick Grout.
Express permission was given in the original ‘read me” file for use of this cabview as freeware.

Legal:
This is work is freeware. You may use it and edit it as you wish, but you may not distribute it for money, or include it in a paid distribution, without permission from Ted Lorey, who can be reached via personal message at www.elvastower.com. All copyrights for content included in these files are retained by the original authors.

This work is provided AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, and WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE or any other warranties. There is no liability by the authors in your use of this program, instead all liability is assumed by the user.

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   Zecora 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

This is a very good engine to driver. I just did a video featuring it yesterday.

#3 User is offline   tlorey 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostZecora, on 27 April 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

This is a very good engine to driver. I just did a video featuring it yesterday.

I love to see your video!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users