• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NVIDIA Conrol Panel Settings. Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:23 AM

There are more settings that are not available under the control panel . This is why many people will use NVIDIA Inspector since there are additional selections to play with. For some reason the settings under the control panel are not enough. For example, to really clean up the graphics under MSTS, use NVIDIA Inspector and use "4x or 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling" under "Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling"

Edward K.

#12 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:30 AM

"That one simple change of texture quality in the NVIDIA control panel completely eliminates the moire effects for me by causing the anisotropic texture filtering in OR to be respected."

James,

This could very well be how my overall system is working with the graphics and I have no problems running in Windowed mode, but in this case, what is going on in Windowed mode that is not going on in what should be called full screen mode?

Edward K.

#13 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:44 AM

View Postedwardk, on 16 April 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

This could very well be how my overall system is working with the graphics and I have no problems running in Windowed mode, but in this case, what is going on in Windowed mode that is not going on in what should be called full screen mode?

I have no idea; I see exactly the same visual quality in every possible way of running OR here (there are three). OR does nothing differently and NVIDIA have never been very deterministic.

#14 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:47 AM

Do we have a facepalm smiley? If so, it should be inserted here, ´cause I wrote anti aliasing, but actually meant (and also changed, while experimenting) Anisotropy...

Sorry for causing confusion... :)

Cheers, Markus

EDIT: Found something similar to facepalm: :)

#15 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:50 AM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 16 April 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

Do we have a facepalm smiley? If so, it should be inserted here, ´cause I wrote anti aliasing, but actually meant (and also changed, while experimenting) Anisotropy...

Sorry for causing confusion... :)

Don't worry, this is what I think of the NVIDIA control panel: :)

#16 User is offline   D&RGW 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Run 8 Train Simulator

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 16 April 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

Open Rails requests anisotropic texture filtering and has done for years. The problem here is that, by changing something else, NVIDIA have stopped actually using anisotropic texture filtering and are doing something else that looks bad. That one simple change of texture quality in the NVIDIA control panel completely eliminates the moire effects for me by causing the anisotropic texture filtering in OR to be respected.

Hi James,

That's great information; thanks for the clarification. I've used the control panel with my AMD card to force things like AA and anisotropic filtering on older games, so I guess it makes sense that the process could be reversed if the settings aren't right.

View Postmarkus_GE, on 16 April 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

It's funny you mention that; I think I've made the same mistake before! Remembering how to spell 'anisotropy' is usually what trips me up, though. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Thanks,

Eliot

#17 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:45 AM

View PostD&RGW, on 21 April 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

[...]
It's funny you mention that; I think I've made the same mistake before! Remembering how to spell 'anisotropy' is usually what trips me up, though. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

[...]

Most difficult thing is to remember which A is which :bravo: :D

Cheers, Markus

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users