Elvas Tower: An Historical Train of Sorrow - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An Historical Train of Sorrow A Repaint Project - Something Different Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:20 AM

View PostRailroad Librarian, on 04 September 2018 - 06:18 AM, said:

Thank you, Tim.

With summer now over, I can once again get back to my myriad of half-baked repainting projects that have been on the shelf over the hot months -- though this week still promises brutal temps and w/o an A/C it's hard to get on PC and be creative. So I guess another ale and some reading are in order this week still.

Cheers

KB

Mmm, yes, an ale sounds good, although my doc says no. :( . My daughter lives in Columbus and has been telling me of the heat, and whats worse, the humidity. Poor girl's been miserable. Yeah, the last thing you would want to do is warm up your room even more with a hard working computer!

Cheers back atcha :cheers3:

#12 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:07 AM

That clearstory car model has been around for a long time, one was created many years ago, along with some early box cars and other early rolling stock but they were very basic, Broadwayy Limited is of course a much higher quality source. didnt know they had one too. that type of passenger car was a transition form that appeared just before the Civil war but most passenger cars of the era were round topped or flat topped and didnt have the clearstory. They were heated with a coal stove or two, and were basic compared to what came not too long after.

nice repaints indeed. As the funeral train was a one time event it is not much use other than that one occasion but is a notable historical event at that. Lincoln was like Mark Twain, a truly American phenomenon. He has remarkable talents and was a self made man of great character and it is interesting that people have been interested in memorializing him in this way but it is fitting and of interest to be sure. That locomotive was I think Tim will be able to elucidate more about, active for some time..tho i dont remember the name of the loco or the road it was made for ...there is a good photograph of it in our files for the Civil War project. thanks for sharing the pics.

on a side note R Librarian I am glad you enjoyed seeing ships move in the sim, we plan to add that to our route project too, it is very doable and ships can be made into engines quite easily if one has the right sound files and knows how to adjust the config and WAG and ENG files. The track system under the water has been used in a number of European Routes and some add ons for US ones. notably Wayne Campbell's London & Port Stanley to set a small fleet of fishing boats in action.

Chris

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users