Elvas Tower: 3D Cabs - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 79 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Cabs Rate Topic: -----

#721 User is offline   SYogurt 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 15 August 2022 - 05:58 PM

View Postmrmosky, on 14 August 2022 - 11:50 PM, said:

Hi,

Maybe try changing the names to BRAKE_CYL:0:0 and BRAKE_PIPE:0:0 as this works for me.

Also open the completed .s file after exporting and check that the : symbols are still correct.

The cvf file should be ok, if it worked for a 2d cab.

Geoff

It was the 'retain names' function that made everything work again - thanks for that!

#722 User is offline   superheatedsteam 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 29 August 2022 - 06:42 AM

I have been having issues recently with the mouse control of levers like the throttle, dynamics, train brake and independent brakes in my 3D cab view. The lever would increment up and down as expected when using the keyboard but when using the mouse, the lever would only toggle between the maximum and minimum range of the animation.

What I found was that the position values for the lever controls in the CVF file for the 3D cab view were the cause.

As this was a CVF for a 3D cab view and there were no bitmap images to set the location and size for like in a 2D cab view, I had set the position values to:

Position ( 1 1 1 1 )

This was the problem for the lever controls that had multiple (9 to 100) animation frames, but not for the switches or direction control that only have 2 or 3 animation frames.

I changed the 4 values to 100 and the lever controls now had proportional control with the mouse.

Testing with 1000 required greater mouse movements to move the lever.

I don't know what these values control in a 3D cab view but hope this information assists others who may be experiencing the same issue.

#723 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 29 August 2022 - 08:35 AM

View Postsuperheatedsteam, on 29 August 2022 - 06:42 AM, said:

I have been having issues recently with the mouse control of levers like the throttle, dynamics, train brake and independent brakes in my 3D cab view. The lever would increment up and down as expected when using the keyboard but when using the mouse, the lever would only toggle between the maximum and minimum range of the animation.

What I found was that the position values for the lever controls in the CVF file for the 3D cab view were the cause.

As this was a CVF for a 3D cab view and there were no bitmap images to set the location and size for like in a 2D cab view, I had set the position values to:

Position ( 1 1 1 1 )

This was the problem for the lever controls that had multiple (9 to 100) animation frames, but not for the switches or direction control that only have 2 or 3 animation frames.

I changed the 4 values to 100 and the lever controls now had proportional control with the mouse.

Testing with 1000 required greater mouse movements to move the lever.

I don't know what these values control in a 3D cab view but hope this information assists others who may be experiencing the same issue.

That's interesting Marek. I had never experienced this problem, but when I checked my Class 47 3d cab cvf file, the Position values were the same as in the original 2d cab I had used for the basis of the cvf. I changed these to (1 1 1 1) and the result was the same as you reported. As you say, this parameter should have no function in a 3d cab, but I have noticed that some things are required to be there even though they should not be needed. The Graphic ( cab.ace ) line is another one. No need for a graphic with a 3d cab, but if you don't have this line, it throws an error.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Geoff

#724 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 October 2022 - 07:51 AM

Hello!

Would it be possible to insert in a 3D cab a digital display that shows the RPM of a diesel engine?

I have tried with:

Digital (
			Type ( RPM DIGITAL )
			Position ( 726 374 40 20 )
			ScaleRange ( 0 160 )
			Accuracy ( 0 )
			AccuracySwitch ( 0 )
			LeadingZeros ( 0 )
			Justification ( 1 )
			PositiveColour ( 0
				ControlColour ( 255 0 0 )
			)
			NegativeColour ( 0 )
			DecreaseColour ( 0 )
			Units ( RPM )
		)

And also with:

Digital (
			Type ( RPM_DISPLAY DIGITAL )
			ScaleRange ( 0 160 )
			Accuracy ( 0 )
			AccuracySwitch ( 0 )
			LeadingZeros ( 0 )
			Justification ( 1 )
			PositiveColour ( 0
			)
			NegativeColour ( 0 )
			DecreaseColour ( 0 )
			Units ( RPM )
		)

Naming the parts in turn:

RPM:1:11

and

RPM_DISPLAY:1:11

But they don't work at all... Thank you!

#725 User is offline   superheatedsteam 

• Conductor

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:40 AM

View PostVAPOR3D, on 28 October 2022 - 07:51 AM, said:

Naming the parts in turn:

RPM:1:11

and

RPM_DISPLAY:1:11

But they don't work at all... Thank you!

http://www.elvastowe...ttach_id=115211

RPM:1:11 would mean the 2nd RPM gauge in the cab view.

I just tested with a part called RPM:0:11 and it worked.

However the display only showed 160. I changed the ScaleRange to ( 0 1000) and the gauge showed 255 at idle and 904 at Run 8.

#726 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 01 November 2022 - 01:41 PM

View Postsuperheatedsteam, on 28 October 2022 - 09:40 AM, said:

http://www.elvastowe...ttach_id=115211

RPM:1:11 would mean the 2nd RPM gauge in the cab view.

I just tested with a part called RPM:0:11 and it worked.

However the display only showed 160. I changed the ScaleRange to ( 0 1000) and the gauge showed 255 at idle and 904 at Run 8.

Tank you superheadsteam.

Yes, indeed, the mistake was mine because I was using a dial to represent the rpm before getting more information. Using RPM:0:10 after removing that old control, it works. It is also possible to associate an .ace texture with the name RPM.ace for that particular control.

Good, but now this raises a new question. It is a diesel engine that has two engines declared in its .eng file, which is quite common. So it is possible to use the RPM_2:0:10 control to represent that, and it shows up on the screen:

Attached Image: Open Rails 2022-11-01 03-14-30.jpg

However, although the advanced HUD shows both engines (strangely the second engine never delivers any kind of power), and the rpm corresponding to each engine is shown, the display always shows zero.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a shortcoming of the simulator? here are the values in the .cvf file for what it's worth:

Digital (
			Type ( RPM DIGITAL )
			ScaleRange ( 0 2200 )
			Accuracy ( 0 )
			AccuracySwitch ( 0 )
			LeadingZeros ( 0 )
			Justification ( 1 )
			PositiveColour ( 0
			)
			NegativeColour ( 0 )
			DecreaseColour ( 0 )
			Units ( RPM )
		)
	Digital (
			Type ( RPM_2 DIGITAL )
			ScaleRange ( 0 2200 )
			Accuracy ( 0 )
			AccuracySwitch ( 0 )
			LeadingZeros ( 0 )
			Justification ( 1 )
			PositiveColour ( 0
			)
			NegativeColour ( 0 )
			DecreaseColour ( 0 )
			Units ( RPM )
		)

Any tip on how to make this work? Thank you very much!

#727 User is offline   superheatedsteam 

• Conductor

Posted 01 November 2022 - 02:36 PM

View PostVAPOR3D, on 01 November 2022 - 01:41 PM, said:

Am I doing something wrong or is it a shortcoming of the simulator?

I don't know for a fact, but quite possibly a shortcoming. CVF looks good to me. Someone else may know.

Cheers,

Marek.

#728 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 08 November 2022 - 09:55 AM

View Postsuperheatedsteam, on 01 November 2022 - 02:36 PM, said:

I don't know for a fact, but quite possibly a shortcoming. CVF looks good to me. Someone else may know.

Cheers,

Marek.

Thank you Marek. If it is a bug in the simulator, it would be interesting to put a "maybe is a bug", but I don't know how to do it...

Returning to the issue of the digital panels in the 3d cabs of the tail units, which I can't get to work (I suspect it's because of modelling with TSM), I take this opportunity to ask if anyone knows of a locomotive that has two 3D cabs, one at each end, or a train with cabs at each end, and that have been modelled in Blender in order to examine the .s files that have been created.

Because it seems that it is not impossible to "rotate" the digital panels such as SPEEDOMETER, SPEEDLIMIT, CLOCK, etc. by 180 degrees, as it is possible to rotate them on the X axis (all by modifying the .s file) to adapt them to the usual inclined position of the locomotive control panels.

If there are no such locomotives or trains, we will assume that this is another shortcoming of the simulator, but if we can make them visible, it would be a very interesting development. Thank you!

#729 User is online   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 09 November 2022 - 07:31 AM

Hello.

ORTS3DCab (
		ORTS3DCabHeadPos ( 0.7 3.2 7.06 )
		ORTS3DCabFile ( cab_or.s )
		RotationLimit ( 10 90 90 )
		StartDirection ( 0 0 0 )
		Sound ( "M62cab.sms" )
	)
	ORTS3DCab (
		ORTS3DCabHeadPos ( -0.7 3.2 -7.06 )
		ORTS3DCabFile ( cab_or.s )
		RotationLimit ( 10 90 90 )
		StartDirection ( -0 180 0 )
		Sound ( "M62cab.sms" )
	)

A symmetrically designed locomotive with a driver's cab at both ends. only one compartment is modeled. I think it works with two different booth shapes.

Sincerely, Laci1959

#730 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 09 November 2022 - 07:44 AM

View PostLaci1959, on 09 November 2022 - 07:31 AM, said:

Hello.

A symmetrically designed locomotive with a driver's cab at both ends. only one compartment is modeled. I think it works with two different booth shapes.

Sincerely, Laci1959

Thank you very much, but it doesn't work for me. The rear cabin, if it is the same model, always appears inverted, even if the view is 180º inverted.

What I need is to know models made in Blender with digital screens and that work, to examine the inverted cockpit .s file to try to copy the parameters of the parts of the digital screens.

• 79 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users