Elvas Tower: 3D Cabs - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 80 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Cabs Rate Topic: -----

#531 User is offline   X3D 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:15 AM

Thankyou Geoff, you're doing a great job with these 3D cabs, I admire your ability to stay inspired and motivated to produce this immersive feature.

It would be interesting to know if TrackIR could be included within the OpenRails setup?

Thanks Graeme

#532 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:32 AM

That would be cool. Looking at Trackir website, there are other train Sims, and loads of other games using it, so it should be an easy implementation. As with other things, though, there is a queue due to a shortage of developers.

Geoff

#533 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:45 AM

Hi Folks,

Yeah - as someone who was really skeptical at first and took a long time to warm up to Track IR - as it turns out it's absolutely essential in Flight Sim VC's (Virtual 3D Cockpits) - can't fly without it now...

Hi Geoff,

Yep - once again some amazing work there - sir... I really should try making a steam cab...

Regards,
Scott

#534 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:36 AM

Yes Scott, May be time to make a start.
One good thing about making a steam cab is that there is only one end to worry about. With a double ended diesel loco, you have to make the cab, then duplicate everything, rotate 180, and then sort out all the animations which are now the opposite way round. That's where I am with my latest cab, and it's proper painful.

Geoff

#535 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer

Posted 05 December 2019 - 07:03 AM

One good thing about making a steam cab is that there is only one end to worry about. With a double ended diesel loco, you have to make the cab, then duplicate everything, rotate 180, and then sort out all the animations which are now the opposite way round.

Yes .... I too had / would be having same problem with the 3D Cab of upcoming loco. Although I first duplicate and then animate all the controls ... :curiousPC: :scarerun:

#536 User is online   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:07 PM

View Postmrmosky, on 26 November 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:

Hi Traindude
In answer to your first question, I'm not sure the fire bed will rise and fall in the 3d cabview. Someone else may know better. The light glow illuminating the cab interior is also not possible with the commands we currently have at hand. We cannot even have a cab light at the moment.

To your second question, I have done a water gauge for a steam engine 3d cab. The water in the tube was modelled in several pieces, so that as the water level went down, they telescoped in to each other. That meant they could disappear into the bottom part of the gauge.

Cheers,
Geoff

I see. As for the firebox functions I described earlier, I have added a poll to the Trello page: https://trello.com/c/To0WoZFg

#537 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:12 AM

I hope something can be done to make the firebox appear "alive".

#538 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:02 PM

How about an animated fire model, inserted as FREIGHT ANIM in 3D Cab (using the new 3D Cab only FA tag), so that animation is continuously played. That way at least something is there to make it alive .... Just a suggestion... :sweatingbullets:

#539 User is offline   JTang 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:44 PM

View PostHamza97, on 10 December 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

How about an animated fire model, inserted as FREIGHT ANIM in 3D Cab (using the new 3D Cab only FA tag), so that animation is continuously played. That way at least something is there to make it alive .... Just a suggestion... :sweatingbullets:

So far, it can be realized using the keyword "WIPER" as it is the only one being animated continuously in MSTS.

Just curious if the keyword "WHEELS" works or not?

#540 User is offline   andoodle 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails, TSClassic

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:51 PM

Sorry to respond, once again, to this topic so soon, but would there be a chance, in the future, that a new 3D cab-view would be made for the default MSTS model of the Flying Scotsman locomotive, or would a new model of that locomotive have to be made for "Open Rails" only, in the future?

I am sorry for asking a ridiculous question like that, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest. With that in mind, I wish to know (possibly in advance). Thank you, again. Carry on.

• 80 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users