• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CPW 3415 Departure My fictional's executive train. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   LongviewRailfan 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

A little video of my fictional railroad's executive train on the RSD route.

https://www.youtube....urdcpZsliWHm-KA

No fancy F40's or other F and E units for my heritage fleet. This beautifully restored berk is the pride and joy of the Cascades & Pacific Western fleet and pulls all major trains.

#2 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

Gimme pig mode engage.

GOD D@MMIT, NASH, THOSE SOUNDS ARE MAKING ME FOAM INSIDE! I BESEECH YOU, RELEASE THEM! I COULD SO USE THAT BELL FOR MY GREAT WESTERN 51 PROJECT!

Seriously, Nash! Those sounds are fantastic! It's okay if you don't release them, but I'd love to see them released to the public. All of us steam freaks could use at least one steam soundset from you.

#3 User is offline   Guilford309 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

Excellent video and sounds.

#4 User is offline   delamate 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostLongviewRailfan, on 24 March 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

A little video of my fictional railroad's executive train on the RSD route.

https://www.youtube....urdcpZsliWHm-KA

No fancy F40's or other F and E units for my heritage fleet. This beautifully restored berk is the pride and joy of the Cascades & Pacific Western fleet and pulls all major trains.

Fantastic sound! Beautiful train. I really like that slow, gradual (prototypic?) acceleration. Thanks!

John DeLamater

#5 User is offline   That Genset Foamer 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

View PostDustin Raiken, on 25 March 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

Gimme pig mode engage.

GOD D@MMIT, NASH, THOSE SOUNDS ARE MAKING ME FOAM INSIDE! I BESEECH YOU, RELEASE THEM! I COULD SO USE THAT BELL FOR MY GREAT WESTERN 51 PROJECT!

*gimmieing intensifies*

NASH COULD I USE THOSE SOUNDS ON MY A-3 ATLANTIC MODEL
string1 = ("GIMMIE")
print(string1*2748)

For the record, I tried that code out in Python. It lagged out the console.

On a serious note, one tip I have that the chuffs should fall at every "quarter" on the wheel, 4 beats per complete rotation. The trick to doing this is tuning it via the Variable1 command and frequency (at least that's what I've read in the OR forum here) but with what you've got already it'll probably round out an already knock-your-socks-off kinda soundset.

#6 User is offline   Mipman25 

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

The thing is, the model Nash used has an animation speed of 30. If he did a quick shape tweak and changed it to 60, the chuffs would be properly timed.

#7 User is offline   That Genset Foamer 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostDustin Raiken, on 26 March 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

The thing is, the model Nash used has an animation speed of 30. If he did a quick shape tweak and changed it to 60, the chuffs would be properly timed.

Ah, I see! Which line in the shape file would I change to make it work? I'm pretty sure TSM doesn't spit out a file with the right animation speed for this soundset, or for that matter others...

#8 User is offline   Mipman25 

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

Uncompress the shape file, open it in your desired text editor, and find "Animation". Change the 30 in the line that says "8 30" or "16 30" to 60.

#9 User is offline   LongviewRailfan 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:15 AM

View PostDustin Raiken, on 26 March 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Uncompress the shape file, open it in your desired text editor, and find "Animation". Change the 30 in the line that says "8 30" or "16 30" to 60.

Right you are actually, and Jack was kind enough to do this for me since my SFM isn't of the working as of now.

#10 User is offline   Guilford309 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

Nash, you can also use Route Riter in order to decompress and compress shape files. I stopped using SFM, as it didn't work correctly on my laptop. Switched to Route Riter, and I find it much easier to work with.

Just a thought, a little advice to try out if you wish.

If you do have it, here are the instructions to guide you. Please note, I'm not very good at making these, so if they are hard to understand, hopefully someone can help out with my rambling.

1. Open Route Riter, it will show the routes folder in the left window, and route riter folder in the right window.
2. At the bottom, Route Utils will be selected, giving the options for route editing, Simply click the tab MSTS File Utils.
3. In the left window, go to the folder of the locomotive.
4. in the right window, you can either go to the same folder, or set up a temporary folder.
5. Make sure the shape file is selected in the left window, and the folder of choice in the right window, and click "Uncompress S T & W files"
6. Once done, click the shape file in both windows, or if you have a temporary folder, go to that in the left window as well, click the shape file, and then click the "Unicode to ASCII"
7. From there, you can then go into the folder manually, open up the shape file in your favorite notepad of choice, make the quick edit, and then go back to route riter.
8. Make sure the shape files in both windows are still highlighted, and click "ASCII to Unicode"
9. After a few seconds, make sure the files are highlighted still, and click "Compress S, T, & W files"
10. Once finished, you can then click out of Route Riter. If you stayed with the original folder for the new shape to go into, nothing else needs to be done. If you had a temporary folder set up. Simply go into the temporary folder, copy & paste, or click and drag the new shape file into the original folder. Test it out in MSTS, and if all is well. You have successfully completed the job. :unknw:

Really hope those help.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users