• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fictional Railroads Getting creative Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Guilford309 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Jonathan, was that recent? Because one, two, maybe more years ago, Mr. Norton allowed me to release the B&M set, on his 4-8-2 model, at trainsim.

Max, those are some awesome shots! Interesting operation too.

#12 User is offline   vermont204 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

I also released repaints of Allen Norton's RS1 model here and at trainsim. I believe the readme only states that you need to ask for permission first, before releasing anything.

Shawn: Thanks! I've been neglecting it recently, so its nice to give it some attention again.

#13 User is offline   Guilford309 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

The SD's are a very nice touch I must say, the paint scheme is rather appealing as well. Very suitable for a Iron Ore company.

Winter ground with leafy trees aren't an appealing mix, but I can't do much about it until I manage to swap winter textures, or create them.

This is the first test run of the Clay Slurry train over WMRC trackage, of the Second Division. The train will run between White River Jct VT to Concord NH, where it will interchange directly to Pan Am, where it will run down on Pan Am's Northern Main Line, and then run on District 2 from Lowell, MA to Portland, Maine. From there in Portland the train will be broken down, and certain cars will be split into consists bound for Westbrook, Rumford, Jay, and other Paper Mill locations throughout Maine.

The second test run will be of WMRC's Mountain Division, via trackage rights between WRJ and St. Johnsbury VT, where it will then head onto the home rails between that point, and Portland, Maine, where it will be broken down into smaller consists for various mills, while the ones needed for Westbrook, will be dropped off in Westbrook.

OMYA is looking for more reliable transportation to get the product to the customer, faster, easier, and safer. If both tests don't exceed expectation, Pan Am will keep the contract running from WRJ to East Deerfield via the Conn River Main Line, and then points east from Deerfield to Portland.

http://i.imgur.com/WjUNZs7.jpg

#14 User is offline   Guilford309 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

The second test run over the Mountain Division, proved to be less time consuming than the first test run over the Second Division. OMYA will be analyzing the test run between the Mountain Division and their current contract with Pan Am. If successful, Western Maine Rail Company will have a new contract.

In hopes of the new contract, we see two former BNSF SD60M's on the lead of the test train. If the contract pulls through. four more of these locomotives will be placed into service for direct use, of the OMYA slurry train, as each train will be close to 70 cars long. The decision of WMRC paint or MSVR paint with WMRC lettering, will be made after the announcement.

http://i.imgur.com/xuXj6eO.jpg

#15 User is offline   vermont204 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Very colorful, Shawn!

Two LC&S SD40-3XR locomotives sit outside our Waterville, Vermont shops.

The SD40-3XR is the result of an LC&S rebuild project that turned 10 SD40-2 locomotives into specialized helper units meant for getting trains up the steep grades down on the former D&H. We replaced the DC traction motors with higher output AC traction motors. We also changed the gear ratios for better performance at lower speeds, put in a new 645ECO prime movers, and higher output compressors. Because of the AC traction, these engines have a very unique sound. At high speeds they whine like an ES44AC. At low speeds, engineers report that they literally growl as they push 10,000 tons of freight up the hill. (I did some custom .sms files for these engines.)

The first run of the SD40-3XR was on a 100 car loaded grain train. With four SD40-2s up front and four SD40-3XRs in the back, it never went below 15mph. (Yes, I did actually run this in MSTS.)

http://hostthenpost.com/uploads/1155a1f8eab71cf079a27357ba6454eb.png

#16 User is offline   Jonatan 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS and Vehicle Simulator

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

Guilford309, on 26 March 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Jonathan, was that recent? Because one, two, maybe more years ago, Mr. Norton allowed me to release the B&M set, on his 4-8-2 model, at trainsim.

I did a double take at his steam models, including the Berks, here in the downloads, and they all have "NOTE: No repaints" in the description, his ATSF models an even more strict notification. I'm not sure if it's possible to do, but if he's changed his stance it might be time to revise the description of his downloads. I would hope Allen gives us some insight into this should he see this thread. :unknw:

While I'm not trying to push the whole permission thing, I wouldn't want to risk this community losing his talents.

#17 User is offline   Guilford309 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

I was able to PM him directly, after taking note of his original readme file, and he allowed me the release of the B&M units, which I have thought about uploading to here, so hopefully the permission is still in place. I will give him another PM and make sure.

#18 User is offline   rrfan96 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Lovely shots all around gents. ;)

Spring time! Thank God! :bigboss: A Colorado Eastern SD70ACe leads a merchandise North out of Malta, Colorado.
Attached Image: COER Spring Time.jpg

Meanwhile later in the evening, a quartet of classic EMD power lead a J.B. Hunt stack train to Denver through the Royal Gorge.
Attached Image: COER Spring Time (1).jpg

Attached Image: COER Spring Time (2).jpg

Attached Image: COER Spring Time (3).jpg

Attached Image: COER Spring Time (4).jpg

Attached Image: COER Spring Time (5).jpg

Attached Image: COER Spring Time (6).jpg
Click for better quality. :p

#19 User is offline   Guilford309 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Here is a very extensive background story to WMRC. And a few randoms shots of them.

The Western Maine Rail Company owns and operates rail lines between Waterville, ME; Portland, ME; Nashua, NH; White River Jct, VT; St. Johnsbury, VT; Springfield, VT; Jay, ME and Farmington, ME. The railroad started operations in 2008, as New England Rail System, which was a sister road to La Salle, Rockford & Central Railway. In 2011, the company change names, and stepped away from the sister company. During this time, they merged systems with the Springfield Railway Company, and the Jay & Farmington Railroad. The company also owns the New England Grain & Feed Company, which supplies grain and feed to local customers along the line. The railroad company has formed a close relationship with Pan Am Railways, as well as a few paper mills in the State of Maine, including the Sappi Fine Paper Company, and the Verso Paper Company. The railroad owns five different lines, two mainlines and three branchlines. The Lower Road, Mountain Division, Farmington Branch, Springfield Branch, and Grafton Branch.
The Lower Road, formerly part of Maine Central's rail line through Augusta, starts in Waterville, Maine, where they interchange at Pan Am Railways Waterville Yard. The line crosses the Kennebec River into Winslow near the old Paper Mill which is now a housing development. The line winds along the Kennebec River, into Augusta. The company relaid tracks over the old railroad bridge that crosses the Kennebec River in downtown Augusta, to allow freight traffic and future passenger traffic through once again. The line continues to wind along the Kennebec River into Bowdenham, Maine, where it breaks away from the Kennebec River, to head into Brunswick, which is along the Androscoggin River. In Brunswick, they interchange with both Pan Am Railways, and Maine Eastern Railroad, in Pan Am's Brunswick Yard. Between Brunswick and Portland is Pan Am Railways trackage, with trackage rights given to WMRC. WMRC does not interchange with any of the customers along the line between these two points. Once the line reaches into Portland, it passes through, into Rigby Yard, where both Pan Am Railways and Western Maine Rail Company, not only interchange, but shuffle trains around.
Lower Road customers:
- Waterville - Interchange with Pan Am Railways, Intermodal Facility.
- Augusta - Steel Fabrication Company; Warehouses; Transfer buildings
- Farmingdale - Small Scrap Dealership
- Gardiner - Small storage yard
- South Gardiner - Paper Roll Storage Facility
- Brunswick - Interchange with Pan Am Railways, Maine Eastern.

The Mountain Division, formerly part of Maine Central as well, begins at the Jct, just outside of the former Union Station location. Due to new development, Western Maine Rail Company interchanges and has their yard be part of Pan Am Railways Rigby Yard. However, WMRC's HQ and Engine Facility is located at Thomas Point, which was the Mountain Divisions former engine facility and car repair shop. Amtrak Downeaster also has their station located here. This line runs up into Westbrook, Sebago Lake, North Conway, Crawfords, and eventually, reaching St. Johnsbury Vermont. This line features some rugged terrain, so the best motive power is needed, especially during the harsh winters that may or may not cause delays or derailments along the notchland region between Bartlett, NH and Fayban, NH. The Railroad interchanges with Vermont Railway in St. Johnsbury Vermont, and has little customers along the line, mainly serves as a "Bridgeline" to Maine or Vermont.
Mountain Division Customers:
- Westbrook - Pine Tree Industrial Warehousing, Blue Rock Quarry, Warehouses, Sappi Fine Paper
- Steep Falls - Grain & Feed facility
- Fryeburg - Lumber facility
- North Conway - Interchange with Conway Scenic Railroad
- Quebec Jct - Interchange with New Hampshire Central - Biomass Plant
- Hazens Jct - Interchange with New Hampshire Central
- Whitefield - Warehouse
- Gilman - Gilman Paper Mill
- East St. Johnsbury - Warehouse
- St. Johnsbury - Interchange with Vermont Railway

The Farmington Branch, starts in Chisholm, Maine interchanging with the Pan Am Railway. The line climbs up through, past the Rumford Branch, into Jay, Dryden, and into Farmington. This line was abandoned back in the 60's when the line was no longer profitable. WMRC relaid tracks into West Farmington.
Farmington Branch Customers:
- Chisholm - Interchange with Pan Am Railways
- Wilton/Dryden - Jardens Plastic
- West Farmington - Oil Dealership, Warehouse

The Springfield Branch, interchanges with Pan Am Railways in Charlestown, NH and runs into Springfield vermont. The line originally was owned by Springfield Railway Company, and before that, the Springfield Terminal Railway. The line was abandoned back in the 60's due to little traffic. The line was relaid with track with new customers in mind.

- Charlestown - Interchange with Pan Am Railways, Ready Mix Cement
- Springfield - Wiggin's Lumber Facility, Brynt Shipping Co, Springfield Gas Co.

The Grafton Branch, runs from Nashua, NH to White River Jct VT, along the former Boston & Maine line. The line was originally torn up during the removal of most lines of the B&M. The line was relaid slowly over the years with help by other railroads. This line serves only three customers, mainly grain & feed mills along the line. Interchanging with Pan Am Railways in Nashua, NH as well as Vermont Railways and New England Central in White River Jct.

- Nashua - Interchange with Pan Am Railways
- Concord - Blue Seal Feed
- Penacook - Stratton & Co Milling Grain & Feed
- Enfield - A.R. Gilmore Feed & Grain
- White River Jct - Interchange with Vermont Railway and New England Central

Equipment:
Locomotives
SW1200 #40 to #47 (ex JFRY #10, #11, ex PPRR #100, 101)
U18B #100 to #105
C425 #200 to #201
GP9u #202 to #207
GP35 #208 and #209 (ex PPRR)
GP38-2 #210 to #224
GP40 #230 to #244
C30-7 #300 to #305
B39-8E #390 to #395
SD40-2 #600 to #614
SD40-3 #615 to #619
SD60M #620 to #624
ES44AC #702 (MEC Heritage)
FTA+B #4200 and #4222 (B&M paint)
F2A #4224 (B&M paint)
F3B #4227 (B&M paint)
4-6-2 #470 (MEC paint)
2-8-2 #618 (MEC paint)

Sold off
GP40-2 #250 to #254
GP9 #1700 to #1706
GP9 #1722 to #1724

Freight Cars
Caboose #50 to #59
50' Standard Boxcar #1000 to #1049
50' Hi-Cube Boxcar #1050 to #1079
60' Hi-Cube Boxcar #1080 to #1099
73' Centerbeam Flat #2000 to #2039
60' Bulkhead Flats #2040 to #2059
Pulpwood Flats #2060 to #2099
50' Hi Side Gondola's #3000 to #3009
50' Lo Side Gondola's #3010 to #3029
PS 2 Bay Covered Hoppers #4000 to #4019
PS 3 Bay Covered Hoppers #10000 to #10049
Bethgon Coalporters #100000 to #100099
3 Bay Coal Hoppers #100100 to #100149

Passenger Cars
Horizon Coach Cars #100 to #106
Heavyweight Car #107

Train Symbols
WY = Waterville Yard
RY = Rigby Yard
SJ = St Johnsbury
WE = Westbrook
NA = Nashua
CO = Concord
WJ = White River Jct
SP = Springfield
GI = Gilman
CH = Chisholm
FA = Farmington
BO= Bow

Letter is the Train type
M is Manifest
I is Intermodal
L is Local
O is Crude Oil
X is Extra (placed at the end of the symbol [MWYRYX])
W is Work Train/MOW
S is Slurry
C is Coal Train

M-WYRY is a manifest freight with road switching between Waterville Yard and Rigby Yard.
M-RYWY is a manifest freight with road switching between Rigby Yard and Waterville Yard.
M-RYSJ is a manifest freight with road switching between Rigby Yard and St Johnsbury Yard
M-SJRY is a manifest freight with road switching between St Johnsbury Yard and Rigby Yard
M-NAWJ is a manifest freight with road switching between Nashua and White River Jct.
M-WJNA is a manifest freight with road switching between White River Jct and Nashua
I-WYRY is a intermodal train from Waterville Yard to Rigby Yard
I-RYWY is a intermodal train from Rigby Yard to Waterville Yard
L-WE is a local job from Rigby Yard to Sappi Fine Paper in Westbrook Yard
L-GI is a local job from St Johnsbury Yard to Gilman Paper Company.
L-SP is a local job between Charlestown and Springfield with local switching along the way
L-FA is a local job between Chisholm and Farmington, with local switching along the way
O-SJWY is a loaded oil train from St. Johnsbury to Waterville Yard
O-WYSJ is an empty oil train from Waterville Yard to St. Johnsbury
S-SJRY is a loaded clay slurry train from St Johnsbury to Rigby Yard
S-RYSJ is an empty clay slurry train from Rigby Yard to St Johnsbury
C-WJBO is a loaded coal train between White River Jct to Bow
C-BOWJ is an empty coal train between Bow and White River Jct.

----------------------------

WMRC equipment being borrowed on the K&E (another fictional railroad of mine)
http://i.imgur.com/BkLUeUk.jpg

Making the heavy haul in notch 8 through Crawford Notch, NH.
http://i.imgur.com/4UbTLpC.jpg

Helper units on the M-RYSJ.
http://i.imgur.com/Fgf6X0D.jpg

More borrowed WMRC power on the K&E.
http://i.imgur.com/Qxa0mHt.jpg

Pulling cars out of the Sappi Mill yard in Westbrook ME.
http://i.imgur.com/2GJQ6Y6.jpg

#20 User is offline   vermont204 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

Shawn,

I had forgotten many aspects of the WMRC. That was a nice refreshment!

• 101 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users