• You cannot reply to this topic

Coupling trains with raildriver Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Pieter 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

Hello,
Since I have discovered Open Rails I use my raildriver again. But I do have a strange problem with coupling trains in my Dutch routes. For instance I drive a trainset (NS Koploper) to Zwolle. There another "Koploper"train is waiting to drive to Utrecht together. As soon as the leading train is coupled to the back of the other train, I change cabs using the CTRL + E button and then the Shift + / to initialize the brakes (first of all lowering the pantograph of course). Now I can depart, using my raildriver, but when I try to stop, the brakes does not work anymore with the brakehandle of the raildriver. I can stop using the ' button on the computer, but not anymore with the brakhandle on my raildriver.
I don't know if anyone is familiar with the raildriver, but I tried almost everything (calibration again, different buttons on the keyboard, etc.), but I can't solve the problem. Maybe it's my raildriver that does not work correctly anymore (almost 10 years old), but maybe I have to do another action after the coupling.
It is a strange problem, but - who knows? - someone can give me the right answer.
With kindly regards.
Pieter.

#2 User is offline   BillC 

• Conductor
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostPieter, on 03 February 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hello,
Since I have discovered Open Rails I use my raildriver again. But I do have a strange problem with coupling trains in my Dutch routes. For instance I drive a trainset (NS Koploper) to Zwolle. There another "Koploper"train is waiting to drive to Utrecht together. As soon as the leading train is coupled to the back of the other train, I change cabs using the CTRL + E button and then the Shift + / to initialize the brakes (first of all lowering the pantograph of course). Now I can depart, using my raildriver, but when I try to stop, the brakes does not work anymore with the brakehandle of the raildriver. I can stop using the ' button on the computer, but not anymore with the brakhandle on my raildriver.
I don't know if anyone is familiar with the raildriver, but I tried almost everything (calibration again, different buttons on the keyboard, etc.), but I can't solve the problem. Maybe it's my raildriver that does not work correctly anymore (almost 10 years old), but maybe I have to do another action after the coupling.
It is a strange problem, but - who knows? - someone can give me the right answer.
With kindly regards.
Pieter.

If your RD brakes work with a single locomotive, your RD is OK.

The problem is most likely the cab switch. RD doesn't recognize the switch. Is the route, consist public domain, available to download for testing ?

#3 User is offline   Pieter 

• Apprentice

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostBillC, on 03 February 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

If your RD brakes work with a single locomotive, your RD is OK.

The problem is most likely the cab switch. RD doesn't recognize the switch. Is the route, consist public domain, available to download for testing ?

Yes, the route is "Rotterdam/Den Haag to Zwolle" and the train is "NS koploper". I could send you the activity for testing, if you please tell me how.
Greetings
Pieter.

#4 User is offline   Pieter 

• Apprentice

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Sorry, I didn't use a proper reply page by mistake. As I wrote: the route is public domain "Rotterdam/Den Haag to Zwolle" and the train is NS "Koploper". How can I send you the activity? As an attachment? Thanks for your answer anyway.
Pieter.

#5 User is offline   BillC 

• Conductor

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostPieter, on 04 February 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Sorry, I didn't use a proper reply page by mistake. As I wrote: the route is public domain "Rotterdam/Den Haag to Zwolle" and the train is NS "Koploper". How can I send you the activity? As an attachment? Thanks for your answer anyway.
Pieter.

Need the web site address. Activity files are usually small. Could try attaching a .zip file, or zip up and e-mail to me via the Members list.

I looked briefly at the RD code and a fix may not be easy. RD use a different method of inputting then the keyboard, re-initializing after a cab switch could be tricky. Would still like a test case to verify that this is the problem.

Bill

#6 User is offline   jan111 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails & MSTS

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

View PostBillC, on 06 February 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

Need the web site address. Activity files are usually small. Could try attaching a .zip file, or zip up and e-mail to me via the Members list.

I looked briefly at the RD code and a fix may not be easy. RD use a different method of inputting then the keyboard, re-initializing after a cab switch could be tricky. Would still like a test case to verify that this is the problem.

Bill

If you are familiar with the RD code could you please tell me if it is possible to disable some of the handles (throttle and brakes)

#7 User is offline   BillC 

• Conductor

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

View Postjan111, on 07 February 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

If you are familiar with the RD code could you please tell me if it is possible to disable some of the handles (throttle and brakes)

No, at this time.

View Postjan111, on 30 January 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

When you use Raildriver in MSTS you can define a cabmaker file in which you can disable levers you dont use (I use a joystick for controlling throttle and brakes). Is it possible to disable levers on Raildriver when using it in OR?

From a historical view OR originally had the keyboard controls hard codeded. This was changed to allow keyboard controls with the options tab in the menu. A similar tab would be needed to have a "cabmaker" function with OR, then integrated with RD code.

Bill

#8 User is offline   Pieter 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostBillC, on 07 February 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

No, at this time.

From a historical view OR originally had the keyboard controls hard codeded. This was changed to allow keyboard controls with the options tab in the menu. A similar tab would be needed to have a "cabmaker" function with OR, then integrated with RD code.

Bill

#9 User is offline   Pieter 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

I made a reply, but I c an't find my answer anymore, so to be sure: once again: I did not understand all of the comments, but the website you asked for is "Treinpunt.nl" You can find the Dutch routes there. I used the route "Rotterdam/Den Haag to Zwolle", but actually you can use any route or any train. My problem started with the train named "koploper". I hope that I gave you the information where you asked for. If there is anything else I can do or I have to do, please tell me.
With kindly regards,
Pieter.

#10 User is offline   BillC 

• Conductor

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Filed a bug Bug #1279002: RailDriver Brake Control Inoperable After Switching Cab . The problem can be confirmed using : Acela Express Short Passenger Run in the NEC has the same problem. No coupling involved.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users