Elvas Tower: Tweaking OR graphics - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tweaking OR graphics Do I add OpenRails.exe or RunActivity.exe ? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Walter Conklin, on 29 January 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

Hi Claus,

I have a NVidia GeForce GT 220 currently installed. However, I received for Christmas a Gigabyte GTX650 Ti Boost GDDR5-2GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP, which I haven't installed yet.

Thank you for your time.

You'll love that new card!

#22 Inactive_nyc01_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

R H Steele, on 29 January 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

In the future will Open Rails be registered with Nvidia (for example) or be supported by them?

You don't need Nvidia to support OpenRails to get good image quality. Forcing AA/AF on OR with Nvidia is the same as with AMD.

These screen shots were taken a while ago using a Nvidia Titan and GTX 680. All of them were originally taken at 1920x1080 with 8xSSAA/16xAF. If you have a video card with enough grunt you can take it a step further with Nvidia Inspector and force Sparse Grid Super-sampling AA on OR which is the sharpest most shimmer free image quality you are going to get.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/528/nvidiacp.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/27/ordm1.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/201/ordm2.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/713/ordm3.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/833/or2a.jpg

#23 User is offline   cvo2010 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:No longer around

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

Not true, you can buy a couple of Quadro K6000's, and team them up in SLI with 128x anti aliasing and fine tune with NVidia Inspector, and get even further ...

#24 Inactive_nyc01_*

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

cvo2010, on 29 January 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

Not true, you can buy a couple of Quadro K6000's, and team them up in SLI with 128x anti aliasing and fine tune with NVidia Inspector, and get even further ...

Lol, can you show us some examples of that? The next step would be down-sampling, I have seen the image quality actually become worse with excessive anti-aliasing.

#25 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

timmuir, on 29 January 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

While not as clear as in MSTS, still jaggies in the wires, it's a lot better. This is with the FOV set at 28.

I believe the only option that'll smooth out the wires (and the edges of shapes in general) is full-screen anti-aliasing (FSAA, sometimes with other acronyms for variations on the technique). I know you can force FSAA in NVidia's Control Panel; I assume you can also in AMD's.

#26 User is offline   cvo2010 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:14 AM

nyc01, on 29 January 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

Lol, can you show us some examples of that? The next step would be down-sampling, I have seen the image quality actually become worse with excessive anti-aliasing.

I don't need to, with you, apparently being the self-proclaimed expert around here, I rest my case. Ignorance is bliss.

#27 Inactive_nyc01_*

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

cvo2010, on 30 January 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

I don't need to, with you, apparently being the self-proclaimed expert around here, I rest my case. Ignorance is bliss.

Then simply prove it by posting some screen shots. Show us some screen shots of how two work station GPU's in SLI are going to help the image quality beyond what one high end consumer GPU can do with a heavily CPU dependent game while maintaining good performance.

Nobody claimed to be a self-proclaimed expert, you either have experience with the subject or you don't, buy the hardware or do the research yourself if you don't want the info from me.

#28 User is offline   cvo2010 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

nyc01, on 30 January 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

Then simply prove it by posting some screen shots. Show us some screen shots of how two work station GPU's in SLI are going to help the image quality beyond what one high end consumer GPU can do with a heavily CPU dependent game while maintaining good performance.

Nobody claimed to be a self-proclaimed expert, you either have experience with the subject or you don't, buy the hardware or do the research yourself if you don't want the info from me.

I don't need any info from you on this subject, nor do I feel the need to get involved in one of your 'everlasting' discussions, if you want to participate in one of those, return to Trainsim.com, and do what you do best.

#29 Inactive_nyc01_*

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

cvo2010, on 30 January 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

I don't need any info from you on this subject, nor do I feel the need to get involved in one of your 'everlasting' discussions

Prove me wrong then, still waiting on the screens.

, if you want to participate in one of those, return to Trainsim.com, and do what you do best.

and what would that be, disproving misinformation?

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users