Elvas Tower: Refilling - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Refilling with water, coal and diesel oil Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:44 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 03 November 2016 - 01:28 AM, said:

If it is not on the list of controls in the F1 popup, it does not exist.

I think only refilling is there...I remember in a previous experimental version, there was a provision to show the fuel left...

#72 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:50 AM

You can see the amount of fuel on board using the Locomotive information page. I don't recall any provision for that to be part of the cab display.

#73 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:19 AM

Which is the command for that? Also tell me the command for memory utilisation...

#74 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:57 AM

All in game information is accessed using F5 to bring up the first page, then SHIFT F5 to move to subsequent pages. Listed in keyboard commands as HUD.

#75 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:02 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 03 November 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

All in game information is accessed using F5 to bring up the first page, then SHIFT F5 to move to subsequent pages. Listed in keyboard commands as HUD.

:sign_thanks:

#76 User is offline   Howky 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

I should have a question, but I may have missed the answer.

I have diesel locomotive and ENG
IntakePoint ( 0 1.0 FuelDiesel )
MaxDieselLevel ( 50l ) fuel in start game
EngineVariables ( 75l ) max fuel

But when I arrive at the refueling point, I press T, so the tank will not fill up to 75l. But it will write to me that the fuel has been added.

#77 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:24 PM

View Postedwardk, on 01 February 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

As of V2826, final files have been submitted for the animation of the PickupObjects. There are issues that you must be aware of.

The default sound files used by the process, such as coal and water will loop. Meaning, they do not cut out as they should. The good news is that in wtower.sms, change ReleaseLoopRelease ( ) to ReleaseLoopReleaseWithJump ( ). This will fix the issue. Unfortunately, I was unable to fix the sound issue for the coal transfer. Does anybody know if there are other sound files that can be used to replace the default files?

OR will not look in the global directory so the needed sound files will have to be copied to the individual sound directory for each route.

Depending upon the animation time that is set up under the route editor, the refueling process will start before the animation of the object is finished. This will eventually be corrected so in the mean time, choose the best animation time. The fuel pump under the Marias route has been using a timing of 0 which is instant animation.

Does anybody know how the water scoop is suppose to work? Is this suppose to be a pickup object? I noticed that this is documented, but I have no idea how this is used or what it is.

Edward K.

Edward,

While doing some route testing and having a more critical eye and ear than I might otherwise have, I noticed some issues with the water and coal filling sounds when running in OR. Searching the forum brought me to this topic and this particular post of yours, so I hope you'll indulge me with a couple questions. Is the current state of the refuelling sounds (water and coal in this case) still the same as you describe above? By this I mean having to have the sounds in the Route sound folder rather than the global sound folder? I assume this is the case for both the .sms files and their associated .wav files? And also the coal refuelling sound trigger not working, as well as the ReleaseLoopRelease change you described?

#78 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

View Postmidneguy, on 13 September 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Edward,

While doing some route testing and having a more critical eye and ear than I might otherwise have, I noticed some issues with the water and coal filling sounds when running in OR. Searching the forum brought me to this topic and this particular post of yours, so I hope you'll indulge me with a couple questions. Is the current state of the refuelling sounds (water and coal in this case) still the same as you describe above? By this I mean having to have the sounds in the Route sound folder rather than the global sound folder? I assume this is the case for both the .sms files and their associated .wav files? And also the coal refuelling sound trigger not working, as well as the ReleaseLoopRelease change you described?

Since this was done about 3 years ago, I would have to look at the code to answer your question.

Edward.

#79 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:06 PM

Edward - no problem... I'll do a little tinkering and experimentation on my end while you chase that down, using your last summary as an assumed starting point. Thanks!

#80 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

Edward,

Well, I did have a chance to do some additional experimentation with this, and it seems I confirmed the refuelling sound issues are the same as when things left off previously... Here's a quick summary of how things appeared with my testing:

• Looking at the wtower.sms file, it appears that the discrete triggers for the water spout down (trigger 6) and water spout up (trigger 7) don't function at this time since only the water sound plays
  • I noticed what you meant about the looping not working right either... I created an experimental file with my own looping / cue points and they seemed to be ignored since the .wav file played from start to finish without looping at the cue points specified. In my case neither ReleaseLoopRelease or ReleaseLoopReleaseWithJump seemed to work.
  • Unless my sound was turned down too low, I don't believe any sound plays for coaling the tender...

Are the refuelling sounds something that can be looked into again? If desired I can certainly submit a Trello suggestion to get this "on the list".

Thanks!

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users