• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1734
File Name: Jointed Rail Sounds for WAGs
File Submitter: Noisemaker
File Submitted: 30 Dec 2013
File Category: Sound Files

Sounds to give older railcars and trackage a more realistic and accurate quality. The sounds aren't as detailed and varied as my work for Tiger Trains products. But should hopefully give some uplift and insight to those on the older front.

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

Also to add, Stephen Thompson (SVRy_Steve) should be credited for all the Clickety-Clak WAV's. When I came across these sounds in my MSTS goods, I couldn't see any name of creator attached or within. My apologies for not giving him credit within this release.
Also, for anyone who are using Stephen's SMS and WAV's currently in Global Sound folders, the WAV's within this download can safely overwrite them. I only cleaned up the audio as best I could and fixed any anomalies to them. So they should still work fine with either/or in Global - if users wish to use that way.

#3 User is online   SVRy_Steve 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

Thanks Steve,

I'll have to play with your sound set and see how it sounds, things have come a long ways since I did those!

Steve

#4 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Thanks Steve. I thought they were really good when I came across them, and wanted to add some good random noises and/or slack sounds to make them a little more lively. Hard to find good old creaking boxcars and squeaky tanker sounds though. So essentially it's a 'mix tape' of your sounds combined with modified default noises and such. I think in a consist amongst your existing sounds, Milwaukee Road, and L&PS etc. sound equipped wagons, it should be a very lively and realistic then. :fool:

#5 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

The only con with those sounds is that they don't change frequency, unlike your work on the 3-axle soundset. If I could make a suggestion, you could try a two-axle jointed rail soundset with frequency curve changes for more accurate speed changes, as well as freight and passenger variations. Then again, I may be asking a bit much, and I have yet to try out this soundset and drool at its staggering realism and beauty.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users