• You cannot reply to this topic

Alpha Update Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

It's been about 5 weeks since I did the "Alpha" release... I'm slowly assembling an net update to that -- just new and changed, nothing else.

Changes include:

Streets
Most streets on or around Goose Island have been raised to their proper level giving the correct height relative to railheads for proper looking crossings. Numerous sidewalk shapes were added and placed. Roads south of Division St are untouched.

Track
Minor change seemed to be required to get .tdb to rebuild.

Interactives
Many "siding" names are set down to identify industrial spots and tracks of interest in locations north of Division St.

Structures
  • Continued development of the Cherry St Bridge, now about 75% complete.
  • Initial model for Plibrico Firebrick, (located between North Ave and C&E Jct).
  • Initial model for Clybourn Lofts (located between North Ave and C&E Jct).
  • Added details / revised textures to Wm. D. Gibson (located between North Ave and C&E Jct).
  • Added details / revised textures to James Day Paints (located between North Ave and C&E Jct).
  • Added details / revised textures to E.L. Hedstrom Coal yard (located between North Ave and C&E Jct).
  • Added details / revised textures to Thomas Paper (located on Goose Island).
  • Added details / revised textures to Christian Kurz (located on Goose Island).
  • Added details / revised textures to A.M. Castle North Plant (located on Goose Island).
  • Added details / revised textures to Muncie Ind. (located on Goose Island).
  • Added details / revised textures to Charles Levy (located on Goose Island).
  • Added details / revised textures to Monarch Leather (located on Goose Island).
  • Added details / revised textures to Peoples Gas & Coke, North Plant (located on Goose Island).
  • Added details / revised textures to Thomas Paper (located on Goose Island).
  • Added details / revised textures to A.M. Castle Main Plant (located on Goose Island).
  • Added details / revised textures to Excelsior Steel (located on Goose Island).
  • Added details / revised textures to Hoffman Stafford Leathers (located on Goose Island).
  • Added details / revised textures to Dry Co. (located between North Ave and Division St.)
  • Added details / revised textures to Yeomans (located between North Ave and Division St.)
  • Added details / revised textures to Bradley Bldg (located between Kinzie and Hubbard along Kingsbury.)

Activities
Expanded an Activity I had on hand to make it a Turn from Galewood Yard (off route) to the Division St Yard (on Goose Island) and back. Activity data files have been "neutered" relative to the \trainset folder meaning each place where car data would be found has been "cleansed" of all references to my files and so to run this activity each person will have to manually plug in rows of data pointing to their own files.

Attached Image: CSB1.jpg

Attached Image: CSB2.jpg

Attached Image: CSB4.jpg

Attached Image: SP1.jpg

Attached Image: SP2.jpg

Attached Image: SP3.jpg

Attached Image: SP4.jpg

Attached Image: SP5.jpg

#2 User is offline   That Genset Foamer 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Looking good!

I must ask though--what kind of crossings were installed on Goose Island? I might be able to throw together some of the manually-actuated "A-Frame" design gates for the route.

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostThat Genset Foamer, on 29 December 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Looking good!

I must ask though--what kind of crossings were installed on Goose Island? I might be able to throw together some of the manually-actuated "A-Frame" design gates for the route.

There was only 1 thru street on the island -- Division St. -- it was crossed a couple of times by industrial leads. I would guess a pair of crossbucks would have been used given the infrequency of use, slow switching speeds, and .ca 1950 era. Probably the same for off the island. Over on the west side, where the C&NW suburban service ran the route was elevated so there are no grade crossings at all over there except, again, for the occasional industrial track.

There is one spot tho that comes to mind where a street needed protection and that would be on the northern approach to Union Station... several streets for sure. Both the MILW and PRR came in that way. I havn't done too much down there yet.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users