Elvas Tower: Marias Pass 5 - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marias Pass 5 running original Marias Pass default activities for OR Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

I started a project after I found the new Marias Pass 5 (mp5tys-1.zip, released June 2013). I am fixing all the original default Marias Pass Activities to work with the new route. I just finished repairing all the paths, at least to the point that they can be run on the new route. I may have missed a reverse or some other detail that will show up in the testing. I am using the original default rolling stock for now and no loose consists. Eventually I would like to change to more recent rolling stock, load them up with loose consists and traffic to run in Open Rails. For now just getting each activity to run correctly is enough of a chore. Anyone interested in taking an activity and running it in Open Rails to see what needs to be fixed? I'll do the work, just need some people to run the activities or provide feedback. If anyone is interested just post here or drop me a message. Cheers rhs (aka gerry)

I ran into the same problem with the first activity "autotrnsetout.act" that Sid P has in another topic --Problems with ORTS starting some default activities for default Marias Pass. Working on that now.

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:22 AM

Finished the first original Marias Pass default activity for Marias Pass 5 and I've attached it as a zip to this post. Hope that is ok. If it's not ... can it be moved to the downloads, or taken off of this post. It all works, too short for me, but that's the way it was created in the first place. Added loose consists and the animal hazard freq is set to 50% with people somewhat lower. Changed one section of the path going into the Essex Yard to help spot the correct siding. All you gotta have is all the default rolling stock in place. Cheers rha (aka gerry)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: AutoTrainSO.JPG

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

I removed the AutoTrain.zip --- it was incomplete, and a wrong File_ID.diz was included. The new AutoTrain.zip is in the download section under activities. Thanks and Cheers, rhs (Gerry)

#4 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

Gerry,
I just ran the activity - looks very good (including the deer!). Actually, I like the extra wait at the beginning. Everything went fine until the end and final message "See the Help Window", etc.- when I clicked F1, I got the error from Version X.1880:
"Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource), etc.etc." (see attachment)

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

Sid P, just finished running the activity, running OR Vx1878 Got the successfully completed message box, while the box was still on screen I pressed F1 and the box appeared, nothing there except the activity info, procedures, no evaluation....don't think I've ever seen one. I then closed both boxes and tried it again from a previous save first closing the successfully completed message box and the opening F1 box, still no problem. Don't know why you got the Open Rails error message, maybe should bring it to the attention of the team, could be a memory thing, nothing much to do about those except, restart from a save.

The activity player path runs for some distance past the Essex Pit siding. Did the whole path, all okay. Eventually when I get all the activities working for MP5 I'm going to extend some of them and add more traffic, I think the Auto Train with Set Out is a good candidate. I got the animal hazard (I suppose that's deer only) turned up to 80%, don't know If that makes more of them, some of them are flying through the trees. Cheers rhs (Gerry)

#6 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

Sid P., fixed in 1883.

#7 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 06 December 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

some of them are flying through the trees. Cheers rhs (Gerry)

It´s Christmas time, eh? :derisive:

Cheers, Markus

#8 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 06 December 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Sid P, just finished running the activity, running OR Vx1878 Got the successfully completed message box, while the box was still on screen I pressed F1 and the box appeared, nothing there except the activity info, procedures, no evaluation....don't think I've ever seen one. I then closed both boxes and tried it again from a previous save first closing the successfully completed message box and the opening F1 box, still no problem. Don't know why you got the Open Rails error message, maybe should bring it to the attention of the team, could be a memory thing, nothing much to do about those except, restart from a save.

The activity player path runs for some distance past the Essex Pit siding. Did the whole path, all okay. Eventually when I get all the activities working for MP5 I'm going to extend some of them and add more traffic, I think the Auto Train with Set Out is a good candidate. I got the animal hazard (I suppose that's deer only) turned up to 80%, don't know If that makes more of them, some of them are flying through the trees. Cheers rhs (Gerry)

Hi Gerry,
I tried running the last save again under X1878, and can't reproduce the error now. Looks good.
I'll move to the X1883 version - thanks, Peter.

#9 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 07 December 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

It´s Christmas time, eh? :rotfl:

Cheers, Markus

I don't know how I missed that one! :lol2: Reindeer, indeed! Anyone got a sleigh shape with an old bearded chubby guy in a red suit? Cheers rhs (Gerry)

:freezing: 31F and lower in Northern CA this am. For us that is the North Pole!

#10 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

Working on the Dawn Tank Train activfity. Did Kuju write this activity? Was it written before the act editor? It seems backwards, the player path starts in Glacier and ends in Spotted Robe. Yet the Act brief is the opposite, starts in Spotted Robe and Ends in Glacier. Also there are indications in the activity that the player train was meant to be assembled. The player train size is given as 25 tank cars, and then 37 tank cars, without a pick up being scheduled??? It's very curious. Decided to start from scratch and follow the "story" line in the activity brief, keeping as close as possible to the stated intent of the default. If the game was designed in England (I think I remember that from somewhere - or was Kuju a UK company?) I think there was too much time spent in the pub. :) Cheers rhs (Gerry)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users