• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List 2013-07 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

The up/down arrow keys in MSTS have only ever been used for head out view not to zoom the view ahead.

#2 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 01 July 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

The up/down arrow keys in MSTS have only ever been used for head out view not to zoom the view ahead.

That is correct, but we cannot really let our view of what is best to be constricted by a single train sim. I actually found the zoom featur a bit of a problem but it DID work.

In fact the major reason the track monitor exists is the viewing definition on all monitors currently or likely to be avaible in the near future is not good enough to see detail far enough into the distance.

THis problem is agrivated quite abit by a lot of route developers do not use a signal siting line committee to view the route and signals can often either be partly obscured or placed against a non contrasting background.
At least one route developer (who was in fact a driver in real life) built his signals with a transparent contrasting square behind the actual signal head so one could easily see the signal under all conditions. Looks a little weird but you CAN see the signals.

Lindsay

#3 User is offline   markus_GE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

I also a wish to add:

# If there´s a Long straight Stretch of straight track, at best with a slaight crest in it, I like to watch the Train bending as it goes over it. Yet, with the current Settings of the 4-view, one can´t really get away of the Train far enough to see that really. Would it be possible to make the observer-view set the camera up at an a bit higher distance? Or make it zoomeable?

Cheers, Markus

#4 User is offline   Buttercup 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 03 July 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

I also a wish to add:

# If there´s a Long straight Stretch of straight track, at best with a slaight crest in it, I like to watch the Train bending as it goes over it. Yet, with the current Settings of the 4-view, one can´t really get away of the Train far enough to see that really. Would it be possible to make the observer-view set the camera up at an a bit higher distance? Or make it zoomeable?

Cheers, Markus

Number 8 key. Page up = forward, page down = back, up arrow = up, down arrow = down, left arrow = left, right arrow = right, mouse to choose viewing direction.

#5 User is offline   markus_GE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

I know the freely moveable view, but with that one there´s the Problem that the camera will not automatically Focus on a certain car or engine...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users