• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

ability to view distant mountains.

#22 Inactive_deibid_*

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 28 November 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Not going to happen.

While I admit that in MSTS I do occasionally enjoy putting into practice the Gomez Adams method of dispatching, it is, by a considerable margin, a minority opinion in the OR team. Instead, the decision is to show respect to the well being of men and women who are in trains and not do crashes of any sorts. It also allows the programmers to spend their valuable, contributed skills on developing other more useful features.

Sorry about that! I didn't know that derailments were not in the roadmap....
Well, however I will keep them in my personal wishlist just in case... I think that simulation is our way to mimic reality, and in reality when we make mistakes bad things use to happen, that should be the same way in a simulator... but it's just IMHO of course! :rolleyes:

#23 User is offline   Guille592 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Hello there! This is Guillermo from Spain, nice to meet you all.

First of all I have to say that I'm really impressed of how fast is this going, looks like yesterday when the first version of O.R was released... Thanks to the team for creating such simulator, keep it on guys!

I wanted to say also, about adding some new features to the simulator, could it be possible to for example, add a real Train Dispatcher window such as:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/boleamj/THORN-FRAZER-panel-yard-lead-close.jpg

Having the route in the Dispatcher window is OK to really know where everybody is, but for train operations it's quite a mess, that's the reason of why I'm asking this.

I would also like to know if you have thought about creating a consist creator or a path editor? It would be really awesome as it would be the total breakup with Train Simulator (except with the content), because everytime I have to create something, I always end using TSimulator tools, and this is a problem if you wanna use TSimulator or in this case Open Rails on another computer.

Now, this is more like a doubt rather than a Suggestion or a wish, would it be possible in a future to use trains created for Trainz Simulator in OR?

Thanks again ppl.

Cheers, Guillermo. :rolleyes:

P.S: When changing signals to a player, sometimes they autoswitch, could you fix this?

This post has been edited by Guille592: 29 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

#24 User is offline   Guille592 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

Oh, almost forgot!

Could it be possible to make controls go faster or use the mouse to control them? :rolleyes:

#25 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

View Postdeibid, on 29 November 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Sorry about that! I didn't know that derailments were not in the roadmap....

To clarify perhaps a little: the plan is to include collision detection, overspeed rolling and other serious errors but not necessarily to model the result of them occuring. Instead, when you exceed the speed at which you can take a curve, hit another train too fast, etc., the simulation will pause and you'll be informed of your mistake - but you will be able to continue, in some form. That will likely be with the train completely stationary at the point the incident occurred. It will obviously be recorded in any log book/activity report.

#26 Inactive_deibid_*

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 29 November 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

To clarify perhaps a little: the plan is to include collision detection, overspeed rolling and other serious errors but not necessarily to model the result of them occuring. Instead, when you exceed the speed at which you can take a curve, hit another train too fast, etc., the simulation will pause and you'll be informed of your mistake - but you will be able to continue, in some form. That will likely be with the train completely stationary at the point the incident occurred. It will obviously be recorded in any log book/activity report.

Great news indeed!!! nice to read that it's been taken into account, something had to be done about that! :thumbup3:

#27 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hopefully somewhere in the not to distant future the talented ORTS team will provide us with both an AE and an RE that is easier to work with (one could only hope that it would be as easy as the one in Trainz), that will also allow us to alter existing MSTS routes besides construct new routes to highlight all of ORTS's current as well as possibly future features. :thumbup3: :derisive: :rolleyes:

#28 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

View Postpnrailway, on 30 November 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Hopefully somewhere in the not to distant future the talented ORTS team will provide us with both an AE and an RE that is easier to work with (one could only hope that it would be as easy as the one in Trainz), that will also allow us to alter existing MSTS routes besides construct new routes to highlight all of ORTS's current as well as possibly future features.

Too right, Paul. Both editors are there in the Project Roadmap and they will edit existing MSTS activities/routes. Certainly expect them to be much easier to work with (and rock solid too).

How quickly do we get them? No one can say; I expect we will recruit some more devs to speed up development.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users