• You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List 2012-11 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

While I am overall very happy with OR and am using release 0.8x1330, there are a few things I would love to see or hope they get revisited from the way they are at present.
1. It would be great if the diesel exhaust and steam engine smoke is revisited so that the smoke/exhaust ploom has a more realistic shape and density. I know this is an aesthetic thing and doesn't make the sim not run but it would help the over all effect.

2. Another appearance item. The thin band that appears when a screen shot is taken, is there any way that could be set much lower on the screen since it is necessary to crop it out of any screened screen shots and it still could be seen at as a half inch above the bottom of the screen.

3. On a related note, is there any way to remove the band(s) that appear on the screen each time an activity is restarted from a save as it use to be? Each time you restart an activity an additional bar appears that will not go away and again must be cropped out od the picture if a screenshot is taken.

4. I have noticed that on routes that have multiple signal types that when you start ORTS it gives an error message about not being able to read the multiple signal types and thus in-game the signals do not work, While not being able to display the correct logic the signals did appear to work under version 0.7 but not under version 0.8. I am assuming that this will be eventually corrected.

5. Last of the items that are more or less part of the proper operating of an engine. When you blow the horn/whistle, it will only blow one type of blast, (long), and thus becomes impossible to blow the proper signals.

#2 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Pleased that you're enjoying OR and thanks for your feedback.

View Postpnrailway, on 15 November 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

2. Another appearance item. The thin band that appears when a screen shot is taken, is there any way that could be set much lower on the screen since it is necessary to crop it out of any screened screen shots and it still could be seen at as a half inch above the bottom of the screen.

3. On a related note, is there any way to remove the band(s) that appear on the screen each time an activity is restarted from a save as it use to be? Each time you restart an activity an additional bar appears that will not go away and again must be cropped out of the picture if a screenshot is taken.

I've seen these symptoms only occasionally and I guess from your message that these symptoms happen most of the time on your system. They shouldn't.

The thin band is the background to a message in white text. Sounds as though you're not seeing the text at all. is that the case?

I'm also guessing that it's a timing issue with different threads taking the screenshot and putting up a message about it. We might need to synchronise these so that the message always happens after the screenshot is taken.

It would also help to know more about your system - OS, RAM, video card. Can you post more details, please?

I've added this report to our Bug Tracker and you can see the progress of the bug here. If you register with an email address, then you can be notified automatically of changes in the status of the bug.

#3 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Postcjakeman, on 16 November 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Pleased that you're enjoying OR and thanks for your feedback.

I've seen these symptoms only occasionally and I guess from your message that these symptoms happen most of the time on your system. They shouldn't.

The thin band is the background to a message in white text. Sounds as though you're not seeing the text at all. is that the case?

I'm also guessing that it's a timing issue with different threads taking the screenshot and putting up a message about it. We might need to synchronise these so that the message always happens after the screenshot is taken.

It would also help to know more about your system - OS, RAM, video card. Can you post more details, please?

I've added this report to our Bug Tracker and you can see the progress of the bug here. If you register with an email address, then you can be notified automatically of changes in the status of the bug.

Chris,

I see the thin black band and the writing for a screen shot, no problem there, I would love it if it were closer to the bottom of the screen though. After a time, the band and lettering fade as they are suppose to as well. The real problem, even at its current location, is that if you save an activity and then exit the program, to come back later to continue the activity. When you resume the activity where you left off, there is one of the black bands on the screen and it doesn't go away. If you save again and exit, when you resume there is a second band, one added for each time you exit the sim and restart the activity from where you left off. I tested it five times and there were five bands on the screen, these get in the way not only when taking screen shots but also when trying to complete the activity.

I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit. on a quad core 3.3 mh. computer with 6gb of ram and have a nVidia 9800GT vid card with 512 mb onboard ram.

I will register at the bug tracker and see what happens. Thanks.

#4 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

5??? I'm curious now: How about a screenshot so all of us here can see what you're seeing?

#5 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 16 November 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

5??? I'm curious now: How about a screenshot so all of us here can see what you're seeing?

Dave,

Your wish is my command fine sir!!
Attached Image: Open Rails 2012-11-16 08-41-45.png

Here also is the log file created for the last launch of ORTS, (latest edition 0.8x1330)

Open Rails is starting...
Argument 0 = -resume
Argument 1 = CNW 2012-11-16 20.41.10
Version = X.1330
Build = 0.0.4697.10612 Sat 11/10/2012 05:54 AM
Logfile = C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\OpenRailsLog.txt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alerter = False
AvatarURL = (registry) http://www.openrails...CONmediumOD.jpg
BrakePipeChargingRate = 21
BreakCouplers = False
Cab2DStretch = 0
DataLogger = False
DynamicShadows = (registry) True
EmptySavePacksOnExit = True
FullScreen = (registry) True
GraduatedRelease = (registry) True
Logging = True
LoggingFilename = OpenRailsLog.txt
LoggingPath = C:\Users\Paul\Desktop
Menu_Selection = (registry) E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR, E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\ROUTES\CNW,
MSTSBINSound = (registry) True
Multiplayer = False
Multiplayer_Host = (registry)
Multiplayer_Port = 30000
Multiplayer_UpdateInterval = 10
Multiplayer_User = (registry)
MultiplayerClient = False
MultiplayerServer = False
Precipitation = (registry) True
Profiling = False
ProfilingFrameCount = 0
ProfilingTime = 0
ReplayPauseBeforeEnd = True
ReplayPauseBeforeEndS = 0
ScreenshotPath = C:\Users\Paul\Pictures\Open Rails
ShaderModel = 0
ShadowAllShapes = False
ShadowMapBlur = True
ShadowMapCount = 4
ShadowMapDistance = 0
ShadowMapResolution = 1024
ShowAvatar = False
ShowErrorDialogs = True
SoundDetailLevel = 5
SoundVolumePercent = 100
SuppressConfirmations = (registry) True
TrainLights = (registry) True
UseAdvancedAdhesion = True
VerticalSync = False
ViewDispatcher = False
ViewingDistance = 2000
ViewingFOV = 45
WindowGlass = (registry) True
WindowPosition_Activity = 50, 50
WindowPosition_Compass = 50, 0
WindowPosition_ComposeMessage = 50, 50
WindowPosition_DriverAid = 100, 100
WindowPosition_Help = 50, 50
WindowPosition_NextStation = 0, 100
WindowPosition_Quit = 50, 50
WindowPosition_Switch = (registry) 0, 36
WindowPosition_TrackMonitor = 100, 0
WindowPosition_TrainOperations = (registry) 50, 37
WindowSize = (registry) 1680x1050
Wire = False
WorldObjectDensity = 10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mode = Resume Explore
Path = E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\ROUTES\CNW\PATHS\C&NWEBTemplate EB Ada to Circus City.pat
Consist = E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\TRAINS\CONSISTS\SP_Intermodel_NoHlp.con
Time = 12:0
Season = 1
Weather = 0
Loading TRK TDB SIGCFG DAT ACT RDB CARSPAWN

Warning: Skipped extra CarSpawnerItem in E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\ROUTES\CNW\carspawn.dat:line 153

SIGSCR

Warning: sigscr-file line 257 : Unknown signal type : TESTSEM_BNSF2LIGHT

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Information: Smooth Dynamic Brake may have inaccurate display

Warning: Skipped unknown ControlStyle MILES/HOUR/HOUR in E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\trains\trainset\HR_CEFX1042_AC4400\CABVIEW\dash9.cvf:line 459

Information: Smooth Dynamic Brake may have inaccurate display

Warning: Found a suffix 'ft+10in' which could not be parsed as a Distance unit in E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\trains\trainset\SP_SD35_6907_GM&O\SP_SD35_6907.eng:line 10

Warning: Cannot parse the constant number 0.01 in E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\trains\trainset\ATSF8139\ATSF8139.eng:line 778

Warning: Cannot parse the constant number 0.01 in E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\trains\trainset\ATSF8079\SF8079.eng:line 778

ENV SIGCFG TTYPE

Information: OpenAL using device DirectSound

TTTTTTTTTWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Warning: Skipped primitive with 0 indices in e:\program files\microsoft games\train simulator\routes\cnw\shapes\7factory_clump.s

Warning: Skipped primitive with 0 indices in e:\program files\microsoft games\train simulator\routes\cnw\shapes\7factory_clump.s

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$WSSSS TRP(default)SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$WSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$WSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$WSSSSSSSSSSSError in e:\program files\microsoft games\train simulator\routes\cnw\shapes\dfahradf1.s

Extra tokens found at end of block tcb_rot
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$WSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Warning: Skipped unknown lighting model index -1 first seen in shape e:\program files\microsoft games\train simulator\routes\cnw\shapes\jp2fishboat.s

SS$WSSSSS$WSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$WSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS$CSCSCSCSCSSCSSCSSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSCS

Warning: Cab control size 1x1 is smaller than frame size 3x3 (frames may be cut-off) for E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\trains\trainset\SLI_SP_GP60s\CABVIEW\blank.ace:day

Warning: Cab control size 1x1 is smaller than frame size 2x5 (frames may be cut-off) for E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\trains\trainset\SLI_SP_GP60s\CABVIEW\blank.ace:day

Warning: Cab control size 1x1 is smaller than frame size 3x3 (frames may be cut-off) for E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\trains\trainset\SLI_SP_GP60s\CABVIEW\blank.ace:day

Warning: Cab control size 1x1 is smaller than frame size 5x10 (frames may be cut-off) for E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\trains\trainset\SLI_SP_GP60s\CABVIEW\blank.ace:day

Warning: Cab control size 1x1 is smaller than frame size 5x10 (frames may be cut-off) for E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\trains\trainset\SLI_SP_GP60s\CABVIEW\blank.ace:day

Warning: Cab control size 1x1 is smaller than frame size 3x10 (frames may be cut-off) for E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\trains\trainset\SLI_SP_GP60s\CABVIEW\blank.ace:day

Warning: Cab control size 1x1 is smaller than frame size 3x10 (frames may be cut-off) for E:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\TRAIN SIMULATOR\trains\trainset\SLI_SP_GP60s\CABVIEW\blank.ace:day

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:sign_thanks:

#6 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Another thing to add to my wish list for ORTS would be adding the ability to the #4 camera view to be repositioned like the other camera views. I take allot of screen shots and having that ability to set the position of the camera would really be great. :rolleyes:

#7 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I get the same lines on the screen with multiple saves and reloads.

cheers

#8 User is offline   Shay 5 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS/ ORTS

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Is there a way to turn it off? Here's two to add to mine. How about a Zoom function, like in photography, for getting those zoomed in pics of trains on trestles, and the ability to jump from one train to another, like if ya need to move another loco in a yard.

#9 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Could I add to the wish list and ask for the wheel slip for wheelslip controlled loco's be added to the code.
And code for sand.

cheers

#10 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

My biggest wish is to have the mouse hit the monitor's edge to pan around anywhere on a route with the wheel used for zooming in and out, as most ever other game does.

:rolleyes:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users