• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New consists Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Guille592 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Hi there, I was creating a consist today on the latest version of OR via "Conbuilder", as soon as I went inside the game to try this new consist it didn't appear on the menu. Is this only happening to me? I would like to ask for a favor aswell, could you please reorganise the menu so it would be easier for us to find the consists as we named them on the different editors?

Thanks! ^_^

#2 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostGuille592, on 09 August 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Hi there, I was creating a consist today on the latest version of OR via "Conbuilder", as soon as I went inside the game to try this new consist it didn't appear on the menu.

The menu hides consists that are not considered "playable" to lessen disappointment and errors - the key requirement here is that it has a locomotive which has a cab view.

View PostGuille592, on 09 August 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

I would like to ask for a favor aswell, could you please reorganise the menu so it would be easier for us to find the consists as we named them on the different editors?

It would be helpful if you could explain how you would like the menu reordanised for this; if you want to make your consists stand out, you should name them as such.

#3 User is offline   Guille592 

• Fireman

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:39 AM

Hi James, seems that the problem has been solved, I'll explain, in other versions I could simply go to Conbuilder, create a consist an without closing the simulator search it and play it, now it looks like this has changed.

About reorganizing the consist or locomotive menu... What about including a search bar? Would it be possible?

Thanks! :sweatingbullets:

#4 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostGuille592, on 11 August 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

Hi James, seems that the problem has been solved, I'll explain, in other versions I could simply go to Conbuilder, create a consist an without closing the simulator search it and play it, now it looks like this has changed.

Yeah, the loading pattern is obviously different. It's optimised better now, but that does mean you can't so easily get a new content. Changing the profile reloads routes and consists, changing the route reloads activities and paths.

View PostGuille592, on 11 August 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

About reorganizing the consist or locomotive menu... What about including a search bar? Would it be possible?

Maybe. In X.1706 I tweaked the drop-downs to enable the built-in find-as-you-type behaviour, which allows you to type the start of the text for an item to find it (before this, it would just jump to the first item starting with each letter you typed). Full-on search would be nice but is more fiddly, both in code and UI.

#5 User is offline   Guille592 

• Fireman

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

Great thanks! :sweatingbullets:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users