• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR Menus in French Translation of OR Menus in other languages Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   nicober 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

I everybody

For the french community of simmers, who appreciate and like Open Rails Simulator, I translate in french all the old menus of OR. The only exception is a page in the "Options" called "Keyboard", I can't find where OR take the source of all keys name. Maybe with the "Help" F1 key, but I'm not there at this moment. I began to translate the new menu since few time. I know, Open Rails is now an open source program and I think but not sure, I can distribute this translation. But I prefer in first to inform the Open Rails team developper of my work. I think it's fairplay and respectful of your great work to advise you in first and send to you a copy of my work before.

I tested my files on the two official releases ( 0.8 & 0.9 ) and three experimental releases ( X-1600 - X-1673 & X-1680 ) and everything works fine. My translation files don't affect in any time all the program, it's mostrly an add-on than a modification of the program. You have just to add one or the two files to the program and launch it from this new exe file and all the menus are in french. To comeback to the original, launch of OR make it from the files Menu.exe or OpenRails.exe, which are in no way affected by the addition of the two other files. I named the two new files OR_Menu_Fr.exe and OR_Menu_Fr-Col.exe for not to be in conflict with any original files. Just add one of the two files or both.
- OR_Menu_Fr.exe is just a translation in french of the menus without any other transformation.
- OR_Menu_Fr-Col.exe it's same thing with in plus, background colors, some images and little modifications. See image.

Click on the image to see the result of the first page menu of the second file.
http://imageshack.us/a/img16/3968/iq8m.th.jpg

The french communuty simmers are very active here on (ASW) Activity Simulator World Forum with BB25187 member of Elvas Tower Forum also like me.
http://forum.activit...d.net/index.php
I translate two other documents for us - The New Signalisation and General Road Map
Available here: http://www.activitys...rs_en_ligne.htm

My questions are:
- Can I distribute freely my add-on files on the ASW site or if you prefer from the OR site?
- If I need an authorization, who I need to contact to obtain it?
- If you want to see my work before, where I can find your email address, to send my work to the attention of the OR Team?
- I don't find any address on your site to send a work at your attention.

Thanks for your attention and keep up your great work gentlemen!

Cheer!

#2 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

View Postnicober, on 25 July 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

- Can I distribute freely my add-on files on the ASW site or if you prefer from the OR site?

You are free to distribute your changed versions however like, but you must provide the source code of any modified files from the original.

- If I need an authorization, who I need to contact to obtain it?

You do not need any authorisation.

- If you want to see my work before, where I can find your email address, to send my work to the attention of the OR Team?

You can post the code on this forum if you like.

- I don't find any address on your site to send a work at your attention.

This forum is the best place. ;)

#3 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Can't we implement l10n possibility?

#4 User is offline   JorD1 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Very nice, I considered doing the same in Dutch. But due to ongoing development it would be hard to keep the source up to date.

It would be nice if the OR source gets it's strings from a seperate file orso. If strings in a language are missing due to a new update it can then just display English. (Like OpenTTD does)

#5 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Oh my.., strings from separate files? I would be there in no time translating it to German!

Somehow doing this Keyboard guide got me to like trnsalting-work... :sign_sorry:

Cheers, Markus

#6 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

View Postgpz, on 25 July 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Can't we implement l10n possibility?

Of course, and we will. But as we haven't yet (and there's some non-trivial decisions to make before we could do it), my recommendation is for people to publish custom menu versions/etc. if they feel the need for them exists. We can use their existence as a basis for prioritising localisation work.

#7 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostJorD1, on 25 July 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

It would be nice if the OR source gets it's strings from a seperate file orso. If strings in a language are missing due to a new update it can then just display English. (Like OpenTTD does)

This is basically what we'd do, though there's plenty of devils hiding in the details. :sign_sorry:

#8 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Hello,

As I told the guys from the French community, this solution (I found it on stackoverflow.com) may be one of the best solutions : http://stackoverflow...tion-in-c-sharp.

I don't know how many strings have to be replaced, I guess it will be quite long to find all of them.

#9 User is offline   nicober 

• Hostler

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hello!

Thanks to Mr. Ross to take his time to answer to my interrogations.
I'll publish my work soon with menu files plus source files.

JorD1 said:

Yes, It would be nice and easier to work, but for now we have to work with what we have. For the new menu, I have to translate everything from the beginning and no from the adds. But now it's easier, because I know how the code works and I took only one hour to translate the main page.

JorD1 said:
[quote name='"JorD1"] Very nice' date=' I considered doing the same in Dutch. But due to ongoing development it would be hard to keep the source up to date.[/quote']

It's not realy a problem, because all the menus don't change at every time and you have just to copy & paste your file in the new folder fo the experimental release and it's work fine. I tried my file in the last experimental release X-1691, on the Feather River Route with the activity "Oroville Wood Chips" and it's run fine. It's same with the WF menu, if you want this menu, just copy & paste it in the OR folder installation and you have it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users