Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SOB loco Re446Swisscom power problem Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

Just tried the Zug 2416 activity on the SOB route, the loco has very little power, as its on the rear of the train power does not show up in the hud (other end of the train has a driving cab). Tractive effort though was less than 1/10th of the figure in the eng file, train could not climb any hill worth calling a hill.
Brakes all released, pantograph up, eng file looks to be OK, loco worked OK last time I tried it in MSTS.
The loco being an "Re446Swisscom" electric unit.
Electric locos work OK in the Berninabahn.

OR spat out a mass of messages mostly information, I could see no warnings related to this loco.
OR version is 1639.

Anybody know of a problem here,

Lindsay

#2 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

The "Anno 1983 Regionalzug 5293" activty worked OK.

Man OR makes the SOB look good, viewing distance has to be set to 2000 metres due to the object density though.

#3 Inactive_Jefe del CTC_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hello!

I've found out that mainly modern european electric locomotives with more or less 300kN of Start tractive effort and 270kN Continous tractive effort (as Traxx from Bombardier or EuroSprinter from SIEMENS) in OR are very underpowered (in MSTS they're okay), if alone (I mean only a locomotive heading the train), they cannot cope with a normal freight train of 1200 metric tons even on a perfectly horizontal line. Better you don't try with rain, they will wheelslip as they're mad... It is supposed that they're strong and powerful locomotives, capable of "moving the world" even on the worst weather conditions... but not in OR.

I think that the physics should be revised... and the wheelslip too.

Cheers.

#4 User is offline   BB25187 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails MSTS

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hello,

Jefe del CTC, on 12 June 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

I've found out that mainly modern european electric locomotives with more or less 300kN of Start tractive effort and 270kN Continous tractive effort (as Traxx from Bombardier or EuroSprinter from SIEMENS) in OR are very underpowered (in MSTS they're okay), if alone (I mean only a locomotive heading the train), they cannot cope with a normal freight train of 1200 metric tons even on a perfectly horizontal line. Better you don't try with rain, they will wheelslip as they're mad... It is supposed that they're strong and powerful locomotives, capable of "moving the world" even on the worst weather conditions... but not in OR.

I think that the physics should be revised... and the wheelslip too.

The statement is a bit general.
I just tried a DB185 by Halycon (payware) with 18 65t tank wagons of the same origin (thus a 1255t train including the engine).
- By clear weather, the initial effort with 90% throttle is around 280kN. Wheel slip doesn't occur unless we go above this value. When speed increases, wheelslip may occur even below this value ; but globally I could reach 100km/h after a reasonnable amount of time.
- By rainy weather, the initial effort with 50 to 60% thottle is around 160kN. Wheel slip occurs above this limit, except if sanding is enabled.
With this engine/consist, the solver used for tractive effort calculation is the RungeKutta4 one.
The problem is that the number of parameters in ENG and WAG files which may cause the phenomenon you observe is quite large: besides the tractive effort, the adheasion and friction as well as the numwheels lines may contribute to the underpower or numerous unexpected wheelslip.

Regards

#5 Inactive_Jefe del CTC_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

Hello!

I've tested the X1664 and the adhesion model has been modified, now you are able to start a 1500 tm train without getting any wheelslip even at 100%. That's what I wanted!

Cheers.

#6 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

This now works OK with xV1665, all power is availible and adhesion no problems, on this loco anyway.

Lindsay

#7 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hi all,
glad to hear. Thanks for the good news.
Matej

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic