Elvas Tower: OR Under New Management - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR Under New Management Introducing the Open Rails Management Team Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wacampbell 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Fan: Traction Nuts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

Chris Vanwagoner's departure has left us without a project leader for some time. I've had a number of discussions about how best to fill his shoes. We've decided to introduce the concept of a small management team to run the project. The Open Rails Management Team ( ORMT) will be responsible for, and have final say, in all decisions about all aspects of the project, including code, features, publicity, team members, infrastructure etc. The management team will be self sustaining, in that they will decide their own make up, replacing members as needed should individuals decide to move on.

The current members of the ORMT are:

Chris Jakeman ( cjakeman )
Rob Roeterdink ( roeter )
James Ross

I look forward to this team leading the project towards an exciting future.

Wayne

#2 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

That seems to be all one sided. All coders. If they decide to add something, they will without discussing it with other member of the 'staff'.
Personally, I'd think a broader spectrum of members would be a much better choice. But then, what do I know? :sign_sorry:

:oldstry:

#3 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

View Postthegrindre, on 13 May 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

That seems to be all one sided. All coders. If they decide to add something, they will without discussing it with other member of the 'staff'.
Personally, I'd think a broader spectrum of members would be a much better choice. But then, what do I know? :oldstry:

Although 'we' may have the final say about things, things will still continue to be discussed out in the open (or as open as practical for the given thing). From a day-to-day perspective, little should change, including the behaviour of the members of ORMT. :sign_sorry:

I would also agree that having opinions from all sides - coders, users, creators and everything in between - and it would not surprise me if the other ORMT members agreed to adding some non-coders.

And as a final point, please remember that each of us is only talking for ourself, unless we explicitly say otherwise.

#4 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

I would also agree that having opinions from all sides - coders, users, creators and everything in between - and it would not surprise me if the other ORMT members agreed to adding some non-coders.

Amen to that, brother.:naughty:

Cheers Bazza

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users