• You cannot reply to this topic

Loading Error Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

I get this error loading some activities, I am sure it is been asked and answered... system.IO.InvalidDataException: Error Loading the player locomotive, ---> System. OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutofMemoryException' was thrown.
at System. collections.generic.list etc etc etc

Can't figure out how to save error logs, mostly Open Rails works fine, this is the only loading error/crash I get. Same route, different activity, works ok. rhs

#2 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

Same lococ and consist too in the other activity? If it in another activity (or maybe also explore) doesn´t work too, it might be something with the rolling stock / locomotives used...

#3 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 10 May 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Same lococ and consist too in the other activity? If it in another activity (or maybe also explore) doesn´t work too, it might be something with the rolling stock / locomotives used...

Nope, error can happen with different routes, rolling stock, activities, doesn't seem related to rolling stock/consists although the message may point in that direction. AND it doesn't seem to be about the route - all the routes that show the error with an activity will run fine in explore mode. Here's the routes it has happened with so far, WP3-Feather River (payware), Yoder's Horseshoe Curve with activity set from SLI, West Colton with activities/rolling stock from Diesels West, BNSF Scenic Sub, haven't tried other routes yet been running Open Rails and enjoying it ... it does load fine in most instances, probably a peculiarity with my system. The narrow gauge freeware tsrRoute/UZD "Industrial Community" runs great with Open Rails and the freeware 750mm Rolling Stock... wouldn't ya know! Thanks for the suggestion. rhs

#4 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 10 May 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

I get this error loading some activities, I am sure it is been asked and answered... system.IO.InvalidDataException: Error Loading the player locomotive, ---> System. OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutofMemoryException' was thrown.
at System. collections.generic.list

Do these activities work in MSTS?

#5 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

View Postengmod, on 10 May 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Do these activities work in MSTS?

Yep, all work fine in msts, no problem, except for West Colton which has a VERY large amount of AI traffic, so raildriver seems to make it diffcult to load, without raildriver, West Colton loads fine, all activities work. I have the maximum amount of memory allowed WinXP, 4G, new tower, robust nvidia card, intel Quadcore, just built this year. It's hard to fathom that the system is out of memory, but that's what it seems to indicate---although I am out of my depth here! Here's a magnified screenshot of the error. rhs
First line reads: system.IO.InvalidDataException: Error Loading the player locomotive, ---> System. OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutofMemoryException' was thrown.
then.....

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: OR Load Err.PNG

#6 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Please quote the activity names and I will test here.
I have west Colton, so start there.

cheers

#7 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

View Postengmod, on 10 May 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Please quote the activity names and I will test here.
I have west Colton, so start there.

cheers

The West Colton error occurred with the ATSF Transfer Train ACT. I posted a screenshot of the error, this wasn't a "player locomotive" error like the other ones. I got it figured out for the BNSF Scenic, I swapped out the SLI BNSF locomotive for a Diesels West that I knew was error free. Route loaded and activity ran fine. Should have done this in the first place. Ran diagnostics on the SLI Eng and found .sms errors. Also something in the Open Rails manual that says that some things will run fine in MSTS and not in Open Rails. Should have paid more attention to that. In each instance the error I encountered said "Error loading the player locomotive" along with "System.OutOfMemoryException" and I fixed on the latter instead of the player locomotive. I am going to recheck the player locomotives in the other activities (simple substitution in the consist should do it) and see if that stops the load error. Then find/repair the problem in the eng or sms files and see if it still happens with the default locomotive. Thanks for the help..any further suggestions? And THANK YOU VERY MUCH for such a mighty FINE, JUST GREAT simulator platform. Oh and one last thing..has there been any discussion for a yard camera or a "helicopter" type camera for the routes, eventually? Again, Thanks. rhs
West Colton ATSF Transfer ACT

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: WestColton OR Err.JPG

#8 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

What version of OR are you using?
I suspect you are running the release 0.8 code.
Please update to the experimental code x1600 and run again.

cheers

#9 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Postengmod, on 12 May 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

cheers

Right on the Money .. am using 0.8 --- will update to x1600 directly, thanks much. Have been checking other route/rolling stocks/consist, and usually the eng packed with the routes cause the problem, expecially some of Steamlines stuff, has not occurred with Diesels West product. I end up swapping out and all works well. All good though, a fine work in progress, I really love Open Rails, anything I can do to help, just ask. rhs

#10 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

View Postengmod, on 12 May 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

cheers

Using OR Vx1600 and all "bugs" posted have disappeared, couple of other items showed up but I'm not positive it's OR or me...so will wait on them until I can investigate on my end. Otherwise, thanks, and very fine work .. compliments to the whole team ... wonderful.. keep up the fine work. rhs

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users