• Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1635
File Name: Dynatrax Version 0.52
File Submitter: charlie
File Submitted: 22 Apr 2013
File Category: Computer Utilities

DynaTrax by Tim Booth is a utility for Microsoft Train Simulator that "converts" dynamic track into fixed shapes which can match any track system that can be produced by an extrusion (e.g. UK FineScale, Xtracks Narrow Gauge variants, etc.). It does this by changing the world file entry into a fixed shape and generating a shape file to fill the resulting visible gap in the track-work. By using track design profiles, any number of track designs can be used on one route.

Dynatrax never modifies the TDB (local tsection.dat) when it makes a conversion. Only the placement of original dynamic track does that, and subsequent Dynatrax operations leave it untouched. Conversions can be restored to original dynamic track condition at any time.

The shape file placed by Dynatrax is just a simple static object and could be manipulated in the RE as such without touching on the TDB. The new track shape file is simply aliased into the world file Track Object entry with the correct Position and QDirection.

This package contains the latest version of the Public Profiles from the former TrainSimFiles web site as well as the profiles necessary for converting dynamic track shapes to all three of the Narrow Gauge types in Xtracks.

Charlie Leveritt

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   emufarmer 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rail and MSTS

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Thanks Charlie

I have been using Dynatrax since Tim first made it, there is one thing to remember is that if one renames a Route, that renaming must also be done in the World File to the Dynatrax Track entries.

Frank

#3 User is offline   rdamurphy 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS - OR

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Actually, Dynatrax creates a TSection.dat in the local route folder, that does not affect the Global TSection.dat. Check in the route folder and you'll find it.

Robert

#4 User is offline   charlie 

• Engineer

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

View Postrdamurphy, on 22 April 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Actually, Dynatrax creates a TSection.dat in the local route folder, that does not affect the Global TSection.dat. Check in the route folder and you'll find it.

Sorry Robert, that's not how it goes. The local tsection.dat is created by using the RE to place dynamic tracks. There's nothing in Global to support dynamic track TrackSections; it's all local to the route.

You can also find a local in six default routes (not the Tutorial ). :)

The local must be there before you can ever do anything with Dynatrax. The first thing that happens when you select a route in Dynatrax is that it reads the local tsection.dat and provides a list and status as to whether already converted or still dynamic track.

Dynatrax never edits the local tsection.dat, it just edits the world file dynamic track entry to change it to a Track Object entry with the same UiD called. Should you want to unconvert, Dynatrax reads the local tsection.dat again along with the new Track Object entry and reconstructs the original dynamic track entry.

It does not reconstruct from the saved *W.dtbak file. I was concerned about that when I noticed that a second Dynatrax session on a route overwrote the first *W.dtbak and left no trace of the converted DT from the first session. So I did some simple expt's to find out what happens...

regards,
charlie

#5 User is offline   charlie 

• Engineer

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

View Postemufarmer, on 22 April 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

I have been using Dynatrax since Tim first made it, there is one thing to remember is that if one renames a Route, that renaming must also be done in the World File to the Dynatrax Track entries.

Hi Frank,

Yes, I found that out the hard way once when I used RouteRiter to make a route clone with a new name and obviously a new folder name and path for the aliasing needed. That was so long ago that I never thought about mentioning it in this package.

Another thing I should have mentioned. In this package, I included the very last revision of the Public Profiles available as the TrainSimFiles site went down. I've discovered that other profile sets at various sites are not necessarily "mutually compatible". That is to say, when mixed together in the Profile folder some "deaths" occur and Dynatrax complains. Now I have things in separate sub-folders and swap if needed.

regards,
charlie

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users