• You cannot reply to this topic

AI Traffic? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   JohnS 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR, MSTS, Railworks

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hi Everyone,
ok I'm running Development Release V- 0.8.0.1251 and noticed that the AI traffic seems to work but I also run Experimental Release X.1477 and noticed no AI traffic. I don't believe any of the Experimental Releases I have run have AI traffic is this correct or is something not implemented that needs to be changed on my end?
Thanks a Bunch

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

JohnS, on 15 March 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Hi Everyone,
ok I'm running Development Release V- 0.8.0.1251 and noticed that the AI traffic seems to work but I also run Experimental Release X.1477 and noticed no AI traffic. I don't believe any of the Experimental Releases I have run have AI traffic is this correct or is something not implemented that needs to be changed on my end?
Thanks a Bunch

There are no general problems with AI trains, so it must be something in the route or activity.
Do you have a log-file of a run where there is supposed to be AI traffic?
There could be lots of reasons why you don't see these trains - the way AI is processed has been completely changed, and, for instance, speed restrictions are now taken into proper account even for AI trains which start before the activity itself starts, this was not so in V-0.8.0.1251. So, for instance, it may be that the AI trains are now running much slower, and never reach you.
You could also check the dispatcher HUD info (press 3x SHIFT-F5 to get this on the screen) and see if there are any AI trains and what they are doing.

Regards,

Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   JohnS 

• Fireman

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

I will check it out and report thank you

#4 User is offline   JohnS 

• Fireman

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

So I understand, The activities that were written for MSTS with AI traffic isn't going to act the same in OR? For example, if the activity starts in MSTS with an AI train passing you while you wait for it to clear but in OR it will either not have arrived yet or unlikely already pass you by? I'm sorry if this seems redundant but I'm have trouble with some of the Acts in Seligman and Green River. Also, in Seligman Audio to copy a track warrant isn't triggered as in MSTS is this a feature to be available at later build?

In the dispatchers HUD the AI starts out fine but all hit stop signals even before I move.

#5 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

AI trains will behave different in ORTS compared with MSTS because ORTS uses different physics calculations. We are not yet completely happy with the physics calculation for AI trains, but it will have to do for the moment. There is, ofcourse, also a lot of difference in the signalling control and this also may affect the position and behaviour of AI trains.
With track warrant I assume you mean the "TAB" command to clear a signal?
If the permission is granted it is shown in the trackmonitor window (F4), displaying a half red / half white signal symbol instead of full red. To add audio warnings is not (yet) on the list.

Regards,

Rob Roeterdink

#6 User is offline   JohnS 

• Fireman

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

roeter, on 18 March 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

With track warrant I assume you mean the "TAB" command to clear a signal?

What I mean is audio is triggered that is a dispatcher giving you a track warrant. Its like a Form D where you receive written permission to occupy a section of main track in either one or both directions.

#7 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

JohnS, on 20 March 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

What I mean is audio is triggered that is a dispatcher giving you a track warrant. Its like a Form D where you receive written permission to occupy a section of main track in either one or both directions.

Sorry, but you've completely lost me by now - I haven't a clue what you are talking about :wtf01: .
On this side of the ocean, we don't have dispatchers giving warrants - except in case of signal failures (as an emergency, and only to get trains somewhere where passengers can get off). And what is implemented in OR is signals - not dispatchers. Nobody permits anybody to go anywhere - trains just check if the route is clear and if so, they may proceed. If there are signals around, these perform that task - but automatic, there is no overall control.
So there is nothing which can give a permit - audible or otherwise.

In the dispatchers HUD the AI starts out fine but all hit stop signals even before I move.

That's odd. Can you make a screenshot when they are all stopped?

Regards,

Rob Roeterdink

#8 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

John is referring to this track warrant dispatching

An example of this being simulated in the sim can be found on the SLI Seligman 1.0 route. The audible track warrants heard while running activities are achieved by placing invisible static cars (.wag's) at appropriate points along the route, so that when the player train passes those locations their audio stream can be heard. These streams give the track warrant instructions that the player is supposed to fill out on the track warrant form. So no, they're not linked to the signalling / dispatching system in the sim, but give the illusion that they are since each invisible .wag plays a set of instructions that are tailored to match what should be happening in the activity at the time the player train passes them.

I've noticed that in trying to run these activities that have the invisible .wag's placed along the activity path that I don't hear the audio from them either. I'd have to go back and test again to verify, but now that I think of it I don't think I'm hearing defect detector audio either while running OR?

#9 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

OK - thanks for the explanation.
As for the sound problem - I'm afraid I know next to nothing on the processing of sounds in OR, so I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Regards,

Rob Roeterdink

#10 User is offline   JohnS 

• Fireman

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

roeter, on 20 March 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

That's odd. Can you make a screenshot when they are all stopped?

I will do my best

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users