Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No signals displayed in Adeliade Hillls and SE route Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

First the good news the Adelaide Hills and SE route loads and mostly appears to work, this occured in V1443 (the route will not load in V1423), the problem no signals appear at all anywhere on the route. The signal heads not being drawn. I have tried this in 4 different start points and activities including explore mode and all do the same. The track monitor though displays the correct signal aspects.

All other routes I have tried work OK.

The log file is a mass of warning messages

[attachment=38425:OpenRailsLog.txt]

Lindsay

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hello Lindsay,

the problem seems to be in the TDB data. The system uses the track-node index from the TDB, through a link between signals and these track-node indices, to determine which heads to draw, but these links are missing. These links are set up using information from the tdb datafile. There are quite a number of reports on TDB errors, also indicating there are problems with the tdb datafile.
Is this a freeware route and if so, where can it be found?

Regards,

Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yes, Its a freeware route, it can be found here....

http://msts.steam4me...adlv2_msts.html

A good number of activities are included, if the rolling stock for these are required there is a hot link list pointing to them in one of the Readme's.
The route is very highly regarded by old time SA railway men as being a really excellent representation of the South Australian Railways in the 1950's. I have found the accuracy is very good. Shows what can be done with MSTS by a __VERY__ dedicated person.

Sadly the developer passed away not long back after a very long illness, he was a great loss to MSTS community.
Before he passed away he was asked how he acheived the accuracy, he stated as he was ill a friend of his travelled over the whole route taking many thousands of photographs. Alan told me there was a thousand or so custom models in the route.

Lindsay

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Hello Lindsay,

I ran the route but it looks like one of the changes made between versions 1444 and the present version also cured this problem.
I ran all the way from North Gawler to Adelaide and did not miss a single signal, neither did I have any error reports in the logfile.
These were all semaphore signals.

There is a (small) problems with the semaphore arms 'jumping' both on start-up and as one approaches some signals. I will look into this to check if this is a signal control or animation problem.

Regards,

Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Much thanks, I will update my Subversion version on my other system and give it a try.

Hope you guy's are giving your self a break from OR occasionally :).

Lindsay

#6 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostLindsayts, on 22 February 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Hope you guy's are giving your self a break from OR occasionally :).

Lindsay

Yes - to work on PCRail ;) (see PCRail website - I created Hengelo, Portsmouth, Sussex Coast and Taunton).
And, ofcourse, there is my model railway as well.

Regards,

Rob Roeterdink

#7 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Updated Subversion to 1454, gave that a try, exactly the same thing. No signals anywhere in the route. Moved the copy of Adelaide hills route to another directory and installed new copy of said route, works exactly as you described, including the semaphone arms jumping on approach to the signals.

AI trains and signalling for them appear to behave themselves now. I will have to start adding some traffic to my activities.

I just may mention something frustrating thats already been discussed, the signals at red at the end of platforms. As previously mentioned normal operation localy is to position the rear of the train in the platform and therefore loco usually overruns this signal. Not being able to do that sends one screaming up the wall.......... :clapping: ;).

Lindsay

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users