Elvas Tower: CrewCar for NP/SP&S 2-8-0's - Elvas Tower

Library Rule

No uploading is allowed here by anyone. That includes screenshots or other images. Any screenshot or image desired in any post must be hotlinked from an image hosting site(Photobucket, etc,) or existing topic in the main discussion forums.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CrewCar for NP/SP&S 2-8-0's Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1572
File Name: CrewCar for NP/SP&S 2-8-0's
File Submitter: atsf37l
File Submitted: 28 Jan 2013
File Updated: 28 Jan 2013
File Category: Steam Locos Std Gauge

Now that more interest has been generated in the Northern Pacific Railway with Tim's beautiful W Class 2-8-2's I was seeking other NP power. I had downloaded the NP F1 2-8-0's some time ago but they didn't have crews so I didn't use them. Now that I'm modeling a little NP, I decided to correct that omission. I discovered I had a beta version of a CrewCar from Tom Werb's "Tom's Crews." in my downloads. It had been intended for Bill Pratt's soon to be issued K-37 but it was modeled with fold down seats so we set it aside and Tom built some with real K-37 seats. Since the F-1's and their Spokane, Portland & Seattle sisters have deckless cabs that used fold down seats I set about using Tom's beta CrewCar for the 2-8-0's. A little adjustment and it fits perfectly!

This crew works with the 1940's versions of NP 53, 56 and 70 as well as the 1902 and 1893 versions of the F1. It also works with SP&S 303 and the Freelance 0-8-0 engines that Tim has given us.

I would like to thank "Sandy River Tom" Werb for the development of the CrewCar concept and for his permission to use this version of the CrewCar. His willingness to help out with a standard gauge engine is a very magnanimous gesture for a died-in-the-wool narrow gauger. "Tom's Crews" used with his kind permission.

I would also like to thank Tim Muir for his beautiful F1 Class locos and the inspiration to get involved with the NP.

To install this crew car, download the zip file to a location of your choice and unzip it. Place the resulting folder in your TRAINSET folder. Using AE or ConBuilder or the consist editor of your choice Route Riter build a consist with the CrewCar between the engine and the tender, or insert the CrewCar between the engine and tender on an existing F-1 consist.

Normal disclaimers: Not responsible if your computer blows up after you install, etc.

Enjoy. :bigboss:

Click here to download this file

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users