• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strange behaviour of some Spanish rolling stock Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_deibid_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

Hi there from Spain!
I have some issues with a couple of popular Spanish models:

Whenever I put them on a consist, they just go flying and jumping around in a ... "radial" form, it's impossible to drive them of course.

I don't know if this is a known issue or if it has a quick fix in the models...but it's been happening all the time since the first time I tried OpenRails... in the current X.1342 release it's still the same.

Please take a look to this, many Spanish train simulation users will be happy! :sign_welcome:

This post has been edited by deibid: 28 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

#2 Inactive_deibid_*

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

View Postdeibid, on 28 November 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

Hi there from Spain!
I have some issues with a couple of popular Spanish models:

Whenever I put them on a consist, they just go flying and jumping around in a ... "radial" form, it's impossible to drive them of course.

I don't know if this is a known issue or if it has a quick fix in the models...but it's been happening all the time since the first time I tried OpenRails... in the current X.1342 release it's still the same.

Please take a look to this, many Spanish train simulation users will be happy! :)

we have a regression bug since versions greater than 2385.... this happens again with 333 locomotives. I suspect the bogie fix that went in this week, looks like some old code got merged into the main experimental release.

#3 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

I was just checking V2394 and the issue is present. The reason I bring this up is that I submitted V2395 which included the bogie fix so the issue was already present. I will continue checking to see when this issue started.

Edward K.

#4 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

After looking at these models via shape viewer, I have to say that something is missing or wrong. The first car that is to be used after the engine is a car that has the coupler at the left when looking at the car in the shape viewer. According to the consist that was part of the installation, there is a car that was flipped(TGz4R) and this may be the reason why there are issues. The car that is part of installation(TGz4R) is the last car in the train, not the first. The car that should be used after the locomotive appears to be missing.

Edit: I did notice that there are 2 cars that represent the last car in the consist.

Edward K.

#5 Inactive_deibid_*

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

View Postedwardk, on 09 August 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

After looking at these models via shape viewer, I have to say that something is missing or wrong. The first car that is to be used after the engine is a car that has the coupler at the left when looking at the car in the shape viewer. According to the consist that was part of the installation, there is a car that was flipped(TGz4R) and this may be the reason why there are issues. The car that is part of installation(TGz4R) is the last car in the train, not the first. The car that should be used after the locomotive appears to be missing.

Edit: I did notice that there are 2 cars that represent the last car in the consist.

Edward K.

OK, I should specify the issue more... the cars are OK in the latest versions, it is the locomotive which fails. Even a consist with a single 333 loco will behave oddly. I agree, 2394 fails too, I´m running 2387 now and it looks that this is the latest version I can run without issues.

#6 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:08 AM

The RENFE 333 in current OR builds on my computer has serious problems. It loads with no errors, but all views except the cab are totally black and the view from the cab is also black.

Edit. The last version of OR that allows this model to display is X2387, from 2388 onwards only a black screen is seen. Now, having looked at the model in SFV it may well be the model at fault here, one bogie has 6 wheels assigned to it on three axles while the other one is normal. All the roof fans are designated as wheels as well but these are linked to Main, not a bogie.

#7 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

I did release a fix that which was V2388 that fixed issues with articulated wagons. The reason why the one locomotive is having problems is that because of the way the bogies and wheels have been modeled, it is now being recognized as a articulated item which of course it is not. MSTS may have been able to work with this, but to have OR recognize it the same way may be next to impossible.

Just to clarify that the articulated wagon fix solved an issue where the bogies on the articulated cars were not tracking properly. This has been solved, but now that articulated wagons are now recognized, its possible other cars may not pass the test. Getting other cars to work may not be totally impossible, but decisions will have to be made on how much we want OR to work with.

Edward K.

#8 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

I do not think that is a valid answer, after all, a locomotive is a locomotive and should be able to be displayed. It is the code change that broke it, and therefore the code should be sorted out to accommodate it. It is not as if it never worked before the code change There is a link at the top of this thread to download it as well.

#9 Inactive_deibid_*

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 10 August 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

I do not think that is a valid answer, after all, a locomotive is a locomotive and should be able to be displayed. It is the code change that broke it, and therefore the code should be sorted out to accommodate it. It is not as if it never worked before the code change There is a link at the top of this thread to download it as well.

From a QA perspective, which is my professional field btw, totally correct. This is a regression caused by new code and should be fixed, anyway from a rail sim fan perspective which is my hobby, it would be a shame not to fix it because is a beloved beautiful model present in hundreds of activities and thousands of consists.
Happy testing and happy trainsim to all!

Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-01-15 09-15-57.png

#10 Inactive_deibid_*

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

Sorry chaps, didn´t notice... FIXED in 2409, a big THANK YOU
:D ;)
This sim is awesome...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users