Elvas Tower: Michigan Central Gondola 6604 2.0 - Elvas Tower

No uploading is allowed here by anyone. That includes screenshots or other images. Any screenshot or image desired in any post must be hotlinked from an image hosting site(Photobucket, etc,) or existing topic in the main discussion forums.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Michigan Central Gondola 6604 2.0 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1526
File Name: Michigan Central Gondola 6604 2.0
File Submitter: CrisGer
File Submitted: 08 Nov 2012
File Category: Gondolas Std Gauge

Michigan Central Rail Road Gondola No. 6604
General Purpose Drop Gondola Steel and Wood construction
Used on the L&PS
Date: 1915
CrisGer

Version 2.0

Change Log: Corrections to WAG and shape files 11-8-12

Repaint of Tim Muir TNO_Gon_42261, Texas & New Orleans GS Gondola with Choice of Loads
WAG Files Corrected by Herb Kelsey
=====================================================

DETAILS

This fine car made by Tim Muir has been repainted by me for use on the L&PS during the Steam Era for that line, which was operated jointly with the MCRR who had license to run the Steam equipment and much of their stock also was used, including these gondolas which were photographed several times at the Port Stanley yard, bearing Coal.

I have done my best with the paint but sadly the car itself is of a later design for that era but this is the closest I could find to both equipment and general shape, so I hope to be forgiven.

This and a sister car, No. 6606 contain all of the original Parts and textures by Tim, and have only the main Texture, and the Shape and WAG files renamed to allow this equipment to run alongside Tim's original car if desired.

Loading Car with Specific Load:
=====================================================

LOADs for the CAR

"To load the car with one specific load, or empty, you have to open the .wag file in Word, then look for the line,

"FreightAnim ( sp_g-50-11_parts_grvl.s 1 1 )"

and change out that load for another using the shape file name of the new load or empty shape, for instance,

"FreightAnim ( sp_g-50-11_parts_logs.s 1 1 )",

always like that without the quotes. It only works for the car they are designed for, don't try using these loads with other cars, or you'll end up with some weird looking lading! "

Tim Muir
Creator of the original car

There are three loads: Lumber, Coke (or gravel), and Empty, I have converted the Coke load to Coal which was what the cars were used for a lot on the LPS, but have included the original Coke texture in a folder in the file set, so you can change that back if you like, so this car now has four loads:

Coal
Coke
Lumber
Empty

==========================================================

Please observe all restrictions of the original release and mine which are no commerical use whatsoever and do not repaint or reuse without Tim's express permission.

Mamy Thanks to Tim for allowing me to repaint this fine model and for help in quality control in the production and review. And many thanks to all at Elvas Tower for continued help and support in the learning of the craft and art of MSTS resource creation.

Herb Kelsey rescued this and a sister car as i had messed up the WAG files and made other errors, the existence of this file set is entirely due to his kind assistance with my many many thanks.

Historic Photos are included.

Chris Gerlach (CrisGer)

chrisgerlach9@yahoo.com
October 2012

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

there are seperate WAG files for each load, enjoy .

let me know if you have any problems with this car. thanks again to tim and herb for the help.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users