• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Signalling, a feature request Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

Just "flying a kite" here................... :oldstry:

In OR would it be possible in the signalling code for signals that are guarding switching to set the signal to a slow speed aspect when the points are set to the divirging road. In Victoria (Austraila) it is normal for such signals to display red over green for line clear the difinition for this signal aspect is............

When "Clear Medium Speed" is displayed the driver must not exceed 40 km/h and can expect the next signal at proceed."

Sometime such signals have a number in lights displayed, a commmon one being 80 this means that medium speed value is 80kph.

Or to do this would it be necescary to alter the signal scripts for the route........... Hmmm can the MSTS sig scripts actual do this, ie display a differnt clear aspect when the switching changes. May have to play with sig script for a route here.................

Lindsay

#2 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

I believe the route is incorrect here........

The problem is at Glenroy on the Adelaide hills route. On an up train one is faced with one of two points which can only be set for a diverging path (if the first is straight the second must be set to diverge). So in reality (as far as I can see) the signal guarding them can only be set to either "stop" (red over red) or "clear medium speed" (red over green) and the next signal back to display either "medium speed warning" (red over yellow) or "reduce to medium speed" (yellow over green).

Interestingly the signalling on the route does match the signal diagram for Glenroy. So one assumes its just one of those situations where the driver MUST know the route to be able to drive it safely.

I may as an exercise alter my copy of the route so as one does not get a surprise when comming into Glenroy from Mt Gambier.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users