• You cannot reply to this topic

Set the size of the Route Editor Window Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   OTTODAD 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:MSTSBIN, ORTS, RAILWORKS

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

jared2982, on 11 July 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

I just exported the keys in regedit to a file on my desktop and a simple double click restores those keys to my desired settings.

That's what I have suggested in my post #24 !

#32 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

Yep, that's a fix Otto and I've done that. I was really looking for some way to make that 00 00 00 01 stay there permanently. Thanks for the input.

#33 User is offline   atsf37l 

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

OK, here's another one. Even though I have the main window blown up to a reasonable size that darn placement window is hard to read without digging out my readers. Any way to make that window larger with larger text? Sorting through fine print 1At's makes my eyes very tired. :sign_welcome:

#34 User is offline   charlie 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:58 AM

atsf37l, on 13 July 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

Even though I have the main window blown up to a reasonable size that darn placement window is hard to read without digging out my readers. Any way to make that window larger with larger text? Sorting through fine print 1At's makes my eyes very tired.

Here's the result of a trainsim.com search for "Resource Hacker", author "charlie".
http://www.trainsim....resource+hacker
http://www.trainsim....resource+hacker

If you do the same search here, there's 5 more links. After you have backed up Dialog.dll and have it open in ResHack, the "find" function is at "View" and not at "Edit" as might be expected. Find "Placement" several times until you arrive at Dialog 144.

I've attached a view. On the 6th line, note that the font is set to 8. You can delay changes there until you do some resizing, or you can use a new size to help you decide what to do for the window size.

Two ways to go for the window. In the attached (may be hard to see, so click on it), I've clicked on the 3rd CONTROL line, and this produces a red dot to the left of the instruction. On the image, little blue dots now outline the controlled "More" button element. You can edit the "a,b,c,d" position coordinates directly, or the selected element can be mouse-dragged to a new position, and the little blue dots can be dragged independently for a new element size.

To get a start, just drag the periphery of the window to a larger size. Every time you Compile Script, you'll see that the coordinates are updated.

Almost forgot to mention; you can also edit String,dll so that the sim says what you're really thinking.

regards,
charlie

Attached File  ResHack2.jpg (148.64K)
Number of downloads: 15

#35 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:37 AM

As always, Charlie is right -- use Resource Hacker.

I've changed almost all of the RE windows to increase the size of the text as well as many of the windows. My monitor is 1920x1200, I've got the registry set to show RE as 1600x1200. This is a full screenshot (click on it to enlarge):
Attached File  screen.jpg (1.18MB)
Number of downloads: 28

Note that in attempting to do the same thing w/ AE screens I somehow screwed the pooch and as a result I can no long run AE. That's not a big deal for me but if it is for you, tread very carefully with those.

#36 User is offline   OTTODAD 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:MSTSBIN, ORTS, RAILWORKS

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

I prefer to use this monitor resolution when using the MSTS Editors at their standard HWRenderer settings.

Better still on my DELL 24" UltraSharp monitor and good enough for my 86 years old eyes, not requiring glasses !

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/jpg/MSTS-EDITORS-SCREEN-RES.jpg

#37 User is offline   atsf37l 

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:21 PM

OK, before I start fooling around with Resource Hacker and start crunching numbers, I have many mini-routes and don't do anything with the "Train Simulator" folder except store the six original routes to use their shape files for new routes. If I understand correctly, these are not registry changes we are making but rather changes to each mini-route, correct? Therefore, you have to make changes to each installation's dialog.dll, right? :D

#38 User is offline   charlie 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

atsf37l, on 14 July 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

If I understand correctly, these are not registry changes we are making but rather changes to each mini-route, correct? Therefore, you have to make changes to each installation's dialog.dll, right?

Nothing to do with the registry. Each of your installs has its own independent version of "dialog.dll" and "string.dll". If you want them to be all the same, just edit one and copy it to the rest.

A word about BIN which supplies its own version of "dialog.dll" and "string.dll". For instance that's how the RE Placement window got more room than the default version for objects. Those are the versions you want to edit.

There are skeighty- eight and 'leventy dozen things you can fix up. A silly one that always bothered me: what the dickens does "min/sec" mean in the RE Carspawner settings window? If it's really directly related to "km/h" (and it is), it should be meters/second or"m/sec". A link...
http://www.elvastowe...dpost__p__61520

regards,
charlie

#39 User is offline   atsf37l 

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:07 PM

Thanks Charlie. I'll be tweaking away here shortly! :)

#40 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:51 PM

Herb, the easiest (and safest) place to start is by changing the font size. IIRC you have to position the mouse outside on any of the display areas -- near the margin IOW, and then right mouse click. I think there are a couple of things you can choose... one of those will very clearly include a value for font size. I think they gave us 8. I changed mine to 11. Save, repeat w/ next window When you are feeling ambitious then you can go after the sizes of certain windows. That is mostly mouse work, stretching things out and moving stuff around. Once you get the hang of it its not hard to do.

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users