• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Set the size of the Route Editor Window Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

Nope. Did a search of the registry and there is only one. And it won't stay where I put it. Grrrr.

#22 User is offline   atsf37l 

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

Seems as though it is tied to the "Editor main window max" statement. When you close the editor it reverts to 00 00 00 00, but the "Editor main window height" and "Editor main window width" remain at 823 and 1006, respectively. They revert to the default if you open RE with the 00 00 00 00 setting in "Editor main window max" line, but if you open the registry before opening RE you only have to reset the 00 00 00 01.

So, great minds of the simulator, what is calling that setting back to default? :wtf01: :oldstry: :bigboss:

#23 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:15 AM

Oh good night!

I can't get the darn editor window to size properly! No idea what changed or why. I check the ...\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\1.0
HWRenderer key (the normal location under Win7 for MSTS) and everything looks perfectly all right. No clues. Some weeks go by and I return to the matter today.

I get smart (for once) and go all the way tot he top of the registry and enter "HWRenderer" into the search string and initiate a search. Sometime later this pops up: HKEY_Current_User\software\classes\virtualStore\Machine\Software\Nvidia Corporation\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\1.0\HWRenderer and therein is the window size keys with default values.

Now I remember... I was fiddling with the Nvidia one day (for Open rails) and out of curiosity I changed something for train.exe. It must have been some time later before I used the editor again because I had forgotten all about the fiddling.

Change these keys, test... all is well again.

Lesson learned.

#24 User is offline   OTTODAD 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:MSTSBIN, ORTS, RAILWORKS

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

Hi Dave !

You can always EXPORT a Registy key to a *.REG file and run it to restore it whenever something has changed your edits !

#25 User is offline   vermont204 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:56 PM

Alright lads, here's a bender for you.

Everything works lovely, I've got the RE window set to the size I would like, but the darn resolution is stuck at 512x512. So while the window may be larger, the quality went to total shart because its at the same resolution as the default! I can't go into the actual sim to edit my resolution, because I've got Win 8.1 and MSTS will only work in windowed mode. When I go to change the resolution, there is no options available to select.

Any way to fix this? Different registry edits?

#26 User is offline   OTTODAD 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:MSTSBIN, ORTS, RAILWORKS

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:50 AM

This on my WIN-XP computer, I have to carry on using, my created by me Accounting Software not working on my WIN-7 Pro 64-bit desktop computer !

All works as it should !
:
:thumbup3:

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/jpg/HWRENDERER-1.jpghttp://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/jpg/HWRENDERER-2.jpghttp://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/jpg/HWRENDERER-3.jpghttp://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/jpg/HWRENDERER-4.jpg
http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/jpg/HWRENDERER-5.jpghttp://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/jpg/HWRENDERER-6.jpg

#27 User is offline   slipperman 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:24 AM

Hi Max,

because I've got Win 8.1 and MSTS will only work in windowed mode.

Why??
You can set your NVIDIA card/driver to "maintain aspect ratio", then MSTS will display in its 4:3 format with black side bands in a wide screen without needing to resort to windowed mode.

Cheers,
Ged

#28 User is offline   vermont204 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

View Postslipperman, on 11 July 2015 - 05:24 AM, said:

Hi Max,

Why??
You can set your NVIDIA card/driver to "maintain aspect ratio", then MSTS will display in its 4:3 format with black side bands in a wide screen without needing to resort to windowed mode.

Cheers,
Ged

I don't have that option in NVIDIA.

FYI, I have an Intel integrated card, along with an NVIDIA GT740M, with the option to choose which programs use which card. I have MSTS set to use NVIDIA.

#29 User is offline   atsf37l 

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:31 PM

You guys know of any way to keep those settings in HWRenderer? After using RE the "EditorMainWindowMax" changes back to 00 00 00 00 and the next use of RE will change the other two settings to default. I have to go to regedit and set the Max to 00 00 00 01 each time I want to use or go back into RE.

#30 User is offline   jared2982 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:MSTS, TS2017, OR

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

I don't have to do it each time but occasionally something happens and they do revert back to the default setting. I just exported the keys in regedit to a file on my desktop and a simple double click restores those keys to my desired settings.

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users