• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jh Sullivan's Milwaukee Road Rmd2 It's a Race-way! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:22 AM

I got Jerry's RMD2 installed yesterday and found the Northern Pacific follows the Milwaukee's mainline quite closely at points, and makes for some great racing, and photo opportunties. There's a point where the two lines cross, and it was my intention to beat the Milwaaukee to the crossing. I was driving a beta of Jon Davis's NP S-4 Steamer with 4 freight cars and two heavyweight passengers, and was racing the beta Milwaukee's E45A-C-D-B with 68 cars. It came screaming along at 40mph, when I started. It was a couple of miles before I could catch up with the juicer power to try to get some shots off. It wasn't easy getting good pictures, let me tell you. And to make it worse, the coupler behind the S-4 broke and ended the competition before we got to the crossing. Still it was great fun. I highly recommend the route just for that alone! But the scenery is oustanding, especially in Winter. It's a great place for the Boxcabs and Bi-polar.

Here's the only good shots I was able to get off last night B4 the coupler gave up.

Attached Image: The_Race_is_on.jpg

Attached Image: Race.jpg

#2 User is offline   century242 

• Founder, Owner Emeritus
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:09 PM

Looks like a scene from 60 or so years ago........what I would give to have been there. OH well, at least I have a few pics of SD-9s working in Roseville in the early 90s.

#3 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 27 January 2004 - 08:54 PM

OH well, at least I have a few pics of SD-9s working in Roseville in the early 90s.

Yah, and keep taking pix of today's trains. Maybe in 60 years people will look at 'em and say: "Boy, those were the days!", or "Wished I was born 50 years earlier, then I could've seen those SD-90's". :)

TM

#4 Inactive_wpfan_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:01 PM

timmuir, on Jan 28 2004, 12:54 AM, said:

Yah, and keep taking pix of today's trains. Maybe in 60 years people will look at 'em and say: "Boy, those were the days!", or "Wished I was born 50 years earlier, then I could've seen those SD-90's". :)

Don't worry Tim, for every person lamenting that I'll be standing there saying, "You didn't miss much!"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users