Elvas Tower: CPR_1303 - Elvas Tower

No uploading is allowed here by anyone. That includes screenshots or other images. Any screenshot or image desired in any post must be hotlinked from an image hosting site(Photobucket, etc,) or existing topic in the main discussion forums.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CPR_1303 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1350
File Name: CPR_1303
File Submitter: charland
File Submitted: 02 Apr 2012
File Category: Heavyweight Passenger Cars Std Gauge

MSTS Canadian Pacific 1303 Coach

Canadian Pacific 1303 was a heavy weight steel coach assigned to the Dominion Atlantic Railway for use on the Truro Mixed from 1971 to 1975 when the car became the property of the Museum of Science and Technology in Ottawa, ON. The car is now part of the South Simcoe Railway in Tottenham, ON.

Created in TS-Modeler by Paul Charland.

Original file name CPR_1303.ZIP

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Great stuff Paul! :pleasantry: And for those wanting to 'see it in action' both inside and out, please check out my Tottenham Special in the video section here.

#3 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hi Steve,

Just removed Adobe and Flash Player from my system a few days ago so I can't watch your video... but my system starts up and shuts down much faster!

Paul :-)

#4 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Yikes! No Adobe or Flash on your PC? That's like having a phone without a handset isn't it? Is there something better to replace Flash and all now? Don't think I could live long without any form of that.

#5 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hi Steve,

I installed Foxit for the PDF files, haven't tried any of the flash players yet. Not having Adobe on the system has dropped the start up time from over 6 minutes to 3 1/2 and the shutdown time from just over 2 minutes to 1/2 a minute. OK, I am missing the odd news story and now a spectacular train video, maybe once I've finished the next batch of cars I'll have a look on the Mozilla site.

#6 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Ouch! That is a long start up and shut down time for you. This new humdinger Acer sell off I got recently powers up in a minute, and off in 30sec or less. And just downloaded some new Adobe Flashy update thing today as well. How old is your system, and/or do you have a lot of stuff on it?

#7 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

Maybe a bit of each. The system was an emergency replacement Hewlett-Packard piece of junk that's about five years old now, H-P loaded it with a lot of useless junk to begin with. I keep the 200 GB hard drive at about 45%. It's dual core 2.3 GHz with a low end nVidea 6100 LT video card, the computer it replaced was a 550 MHz machine with a 440 nVidea Max card that ran faster and smoother then this has ever run... OK, I know, time for a new one... I'll talk to my brother in law about building the next one!

#8 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

Better talk to him soon, as I found this video at Mophouse that's of the REAL train running in Beeton, with your car and others in the lash up...

My video uses CN 6218 (which I love!) And your great CN caboose behind 1303. But this video is of the current CP stock in full bloom running on the South Simcoe RR. :lol2:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users