• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

California Trains in the 80s Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ctempire 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:01 AM

A music video featuring trains around Southern California in the late 80s. There are few surprises in the video. Enjoy!

#2 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Holy smokes, are you related to Train-A-Mania? Great video with some great shots! :oldstry: But that dang soundtrack, is that Dead Or Alive? Definitely 80's. And hard to believe it's that long ago now.

#3 User is offline   ctempire 

• Hostler

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostNoisemaker, on 18 February 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Holy smokes, are you related to Train-A-Mania? Great video with some great shots! :oldstry: But that dang soundtrack, is that Dead Or Alive? Definitely 80's. And hard to believe it's that long ago now.

No relationship to Train-A-Mania, since I'm the sole train simulator user of my family, and I didn't know his own style of sim videos.

The song is called "California Train" by Grant Miller, a disco musician native from Indianapolis but has a career in Europe. It was one of the best songs from him.
And do you think I should make a 90s version called "Train to Nowhere"? 70s version with Popcorn, anyone?

#4 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

I'm sure you must've caught a 'At The Railyard' review of a route here or elsewhere by Train-A-Mania? He's the Steven Spielberg of MSTS videos IMHO. And his soundtracks for them can be fitting, to surreal But you could very well be the Oliver Stone or Martin Scorcese. :D

Grant Miller, huh? New name to me. But definitely every 80's cliche in that song. If you're going 90's - I'd love to see a video done to Jane Siberry's 'Something About Trains' off her 'Bound By The Beauty' album. Beautiful song IMHO.. As for Hot Butter's 'Popcorn' - that song is my mentor and arch nemesis. But still dang catchy! A true 70's soundtrack to a train video would HAVE to be Grand Funk Railroads cover of 'The Locomotion'. That's just block rocking butt hauling goodness! :yahoo:

Just don't go making another 'Bringing Out The Dead', and you'll be okay Scorcese. :oldstry:

#5 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

View Postctempire, on 18 February 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

No relationship to Train-A-Mania, since I'm the sole train simulator user of my family, and I didn't know his own style of sim videos.

The song is called "California Train" by Grant Miller, a disco musician native from Indianapolis but has a career in Europe. It was one of the best songs from him.
And do you think I should make a 90s version called "Train to Nowhere"? 70s version with Popcorn, anyone?

Nicely Done!

#6 User is offline   ctempire 

• Hostler

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostNoisemaker, on 19 February 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

I'm sure you must've caught a 'At The Railyard' review of a route here or elsewhere by Train-A-Mania? He's the Steven Spielberg of MSTS videos IMHO. And his soundtracks for them can be fitting, to surreal But you could very well be the Oliver Stone or Martin Scorcese. :p

Grant Miller, huh? New name to me. But definitely every 80's cliche in that song. If you're going 90's - I'd love to see a video done to Jane Siberry's 'Something About Trains' off her 'Bound By The Beauty' album. Beautiful song IMHO.. As for Hot Butter's 'Popcorn' - that song is my mentor and arch nemesis. But still dang catchy! A true 70's soundtrack to a train video would HAVE to be Grand Funk Railroads cover of 'The Locomotion'. That's just block rocking butt hauling goodness! :D

Just don't go making another 'Bringing Out The Dead', and you'll be okay Scorcese. :blush:

Perhaps I should make 2 70s videos; one with Popcorn and the other with your requested song. I plan that the "Amtrak song" shouldn't use the Hot Butter version, but one cover with more heat, and more bass-like noise (diesel locomotives?). Main problem to making that video is the song in general, which make others surrounding me be curious and get annoying with the song. Unfortunately, I should go too much to the fitting songs; just my determined style.

#7 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Whatever get's it done. :p

Too bad I've resigned from music myself. Should've cooked up a cover of Kraftwerk's 'Trans-Europe Express' and made it 'Trans US Express'. That would surely get a beating with a bicycle pump from Ralf Hutter on me for sure. :blush: Would be cool to go with a Amtrak video though.

#8 User is offline   ctempire 

• Hostler

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Unfortunately, due to legal issues with the song in the video, I removed the video from YouTube. I downloaded a copy of the video for my personal use only. Thank you to all viewers.

#9 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

Man, that sucks. I really liked that video.

#10 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

View Postctempire, on 31 January 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

Unfortunately, due to legal issues with the song in the video, I removed the video from YouTube. I downloaded a copy of the video for my personal use only. Thank you to all viewers.

If it's a matter of music, you can always put in generic music that is from Freeplay Music.

http://freeplaymusic.com/

There are plenty to select from there that won't get you into copyright issues.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users