Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PO&N v11 Activities Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

Just tried to run an activity in the PO&N v11 route and discovered that other than explore mode it will not load in OR v7.0 or v6.67. Explore mode works fine but all the activities that come with the route just hang when the sim is trying to load.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

Sorry no one has responded. But from the log file, there's nothing obvious going wrong. OR is loading shape files when you say it hangs. That's what the final line of "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCS" means.

found this post by Jim Ward over at TS.com relating to loading PO&N

don't know which PO&N version works with ORTS", disregard my previous post, they all work - versions 9 to 11 sometimes bring up an error message on loading and it appears to stop loading at that point, but recently I found that if you do nothing and wait a minute or two it loads and runs the activity anyway.

#3 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for the info. I just read a similar response at TrainSim forums about it taking 4 or 5 min. to start loading so I'll give that a try. I have waited a min or two previously without any action which is why I posted my query.

#4 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

Please note the issue around loading the SD40-2 shape on TS.com. I'll bet fixing the SD402 shape issue will have a huge impact on the loading time.

#5 Inactive_jyduchene_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

I followed this discussion and was able to run an activity. Loaded PO&E, took a shower and it was ready. A railroader told me that he had two hours to get ready and report to the yard from the time that he got the call, so perhaps this is a step in realism. I did discover that in explore mode, the consists would load with the second engine of a two or three engine unit was invisible. The exhaust was present but the space was empty. Perhaps EMD is experimenting with stealth units. FYI I am inning Win XP. Over and out. John

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users