Elvas Tower: OR Compatibility of Silverliner II - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR Compatibility of Silverliner II Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_mestevet_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

Since recently taking the plunge into OR, I wanted to see how my Silverliner II cars performed. Since the Silverliners, being EMUs used in commuter service, are a bit different than "normal" freight equipment (like a GP38), I had to use some unusual methods in MSTS to make the model perform in a way that was at least similar to the real world cars. I suspected before even trying OR, that quite a few things might not function properly "as is" in my Silverliners when used in OR. So I was simply pleased when the cars loaded and I could actually get them to move! Of course, I aspire to getting them to function at least as well as I felt they did in MSTS.

Here's my Silverliner II model in OR:
Attached Image: ORTS v07 NECv4 Silverliner M.jpg

So here were the things I found in my first couple of test runs that I'm going to have to work out, either through my education on the "OR way" to do things or through some help from the OR programming team in implementing some of the functionality I'm seeking. Maybe some of these things already have solutions.

1) Controller
Symptom in OR: The controller doesn't seem to really work right, not just the control animation in the cab view, but the basic function from the .ENG file. So what doesn't it do? First of all, it requires me to use the "W" key "reverser" to put the car into forward - there is no such control on the Silverliner. And it doesn't notch properly, meaning, it doesn't use the correct number of notches as they're defined for MSTS (it only has 3 instead of the correct 5) and it doesn't have the notches at the correct "power setting". It also seems to accelerate slowly compared to the MSTS model and real life. Mind you, Joe Realmuto and I ran timed tests over known distances to get the acceleration performance correct in MSTS, since real life TE curves have never been found for these cars, but we did know speeds/distances/times from me actually riding the cars. I have not duplicated those tests in OR, but I'll probably need to.

Behavior I’m seeking: The real Silverliners have a controller that is unusual if you're used to freight equipment. Here's the basic function: there is no separate direction control, there is a control handle that is inserted into the controller in the center "Safety/Emergency" (and "Control out") position. The center position will activate the emergency brake as a safety against reversing power between the two handle directions. The handle is moved right for forward movement through 5 notches (Off/Coast, Switch, P1, P2, P3 - each selects a higher power setting) and move left for reverse movement through 5 notches (again Off/Coast, Switch, P1, P2, P3). Switching cabs (since the cars have a cab at each end) the controller always acts in such a way that the "forward" notches are moving the handle to the right when facing that direction. I can provide photos and video of the real Silverliner cabs and controllers as well as information directly from the operating manuals from the cars if anyone is interested in seeing the way the real cars function.
Additionally, I'd love it if putting the controller into the "Safety/Emergency" center postion really did throw it into emergency so the cars couldn't be thrown into reverse while running. I could never figure out how to get it to do that in MSTS.

Symptom in OR: Currently in OR the control animation in the cab view doesn’t function (as I set it up for MSTS), it just sits inactive regardless of the power setting chosen - see here how it lays over to the left despite being 27% Forward:

Attached Image: ORTS v07 NECv4 Silverliner inactive control handle M.jpg

Behavior I’m seeking: In the cab view, the control handle should be “center off” and move right for increasing forward power and left for increasing reverse power (the way it does in MSTS see screenshot below the handle is in "Coast" for the forward direction)

Attached Image: MSTS NECv4 Silverliner cab viewSM.jpg

2) Brake
Symptom in OR: Currently, the brakes are very slow in OR and react like the brake on a freight train, cylinder pressure is slow to build (accurate for a string of hopper cars, not so much for a 4 car MU train). This may be because of the way we had to choose brake parameters in MSTS to get the system to mimic the graduated release type brake or it may be the "more accurate physics" in OR. Since we tuned the brakes to work as close as possible to the real ones in MSTS, they might not function as well with that setup in OR. Whatever the cause, the brakes don't have the right reaction time and response, so something needs to be done. (just a note, this isn’t an “unrealistic expectations” thing, I think I can produce video that shows how quickly the brakes in the real cars respond)

Behavior I’m seeking: Self lapping graduated release, a 26-B-1 brake valve. It operates almost like an automotive brake (if it was a handle instead of a foot pedal), move the handle further to the right, higher brake force, move back left, force reduces. These brakes are very fast acting in real life, since each car is self propelled, each has a compressor and a small system to charge, the cylinders react almost instantly to the brake handle movement (I've watched the drivers and the gages in the real thing). The quick action and graduated release is used to allow the cars to rapidly decelerate running between closely spaced stops, but yet spot the doors at loading locations at the stations, and requires sharp response to brake handle inputs.

Note: The cab view control fortunately seems to work similar to the way it did in MSTS, but the handle just might be a bit more "touchy" meaning the control animation seems to move more erratically than it did under MSTS. Perhaps there’s a way we can adjust or “fine tune” that.

3) External Model
Symptom in OR: There's an odd effect in OR, that I think might be a "shadow", that is not seen in MSTS (see images). This black patch seems to change depending on the viewing angle I choose with the camera rotation keys - in some angles the entire side of the car is black, in others not at all. I'm seeing this with every piece of rolling stock that I created so far, but not with other rolling stock. Perhaps it's a result of the items being created in TSM, or maybe some choice I made in modeling or creating the textures? Don't know, but I'd like to resolve this, it doesn't look good:

Attached Image: ORTS v07 NECv4 Silverliner odd shadowsM.jpg

Behavior I’m seeking: No dark black patches on my models, similar view shown in MSTS:

Attached Image: MSTS NECv4 Silverlinersm.jpg

4) Sounds
Symptom in OR: Currently not all sounds for the Silverliner function as they do in MSTS, for instance the external horn does not function (the horn does function on other locomotives I've tested in OR, and the Silverliner's "cab view" horn, which is based on the same .wav recording, does function). Things like the "power" sounds, the "random radio chatter" and some of the control sounds also seem not to function. I’d have to study and make a serious list.

Behavior I’m seeking: Have the external horn work correctly. Have all the sounds available that I “mixed” into the MSTS .sms function (at least for now I wish I had an understanding of what sound triggers are supposed to currently function in OR)

There remain other things I haven't yet tested. I appreciate that OR is still a work in progress and so some things I'm looking for may not be implemented or perfected yet. This isn't intended as a criticism of OR. Quite the contrary, I think the team has made remarkable progress. I'm simply trying to get my cars to function the way I'd like in OR, and I expect I'll need some help.

Thanks.
Steve Thomas

#2 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

View Postmestevet, on 14 December 2011 - 08:41 AM, said:

Symptom in OR: There's an odd effect in OR, that I think might be a "shadow", that is not seen in MSTS (see images). This black patch seems to change depending on the viewing angle I choose with the camera rotation keys - in some angles the entire side of the car is black, in others not at all. I'm seeing this with every piece of rolling stock that I created so far, but not with other rolling stock. Perhaps it's a result of the items being created in TSM, or maybe some choice I made in modeling or creating the textures? Don't know, but I'd like to resolve this, it doesn't look good:

Steve and OR Team,

The BLW/ZT models exhibit the exact same behavior in MSTS on the Monon Route. Rick Berg and I finally determined that it was the use of 'static' track sections. Most yard and terminal areas on the Monon route make extensive use of static track (especially Chicago). Rick temporarily removed the sections as a test and the problem went away.

I wonder if what you're seeing relates to the same effect on a different route in OR?

Rick

#3 Inactive_mestevet_*

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

View Postrfranzosa, on 14 December 2011 - 09:25 AM, said:

Steve and OR Team,

The BLW/ZT models exhibit the exact same behavior in MSTS on the Monon Route. Rick Berg and I finally determined that it was the use of 'static' track sections. Most yard and terminal areas on the Monon route make extensive use of static track (especially Chicago). Rick temporarily removed the sections as a test and the problem went away.

I wonder if what you're seeing relates to the same effect on a different route in OR?

Rick

Rick,

I don't know, I was seeing this when testing on the NECv4, but in a quick test on my own "test" route, I saw the same effect. I'm positive my test route doesn't have any static track on it (it only has a long straight test track). So far I've seen this behavior in several different locations on the NECv4 (every place I've tried so far), two routes of my own making, and the Tokyo-Hakone default route (I have to test the cars on electrified routes). I've also seen the same effect with my E44 locomotive and my G39a ore jenny model. I DID note, and if you look at my screenshots carefully, that some of the scenery objects in the OR screenshot seem to have the same thing happening (the fence, the trash bin, some of the overpass abutments, and even the billboard above the train). Another thing I'm observing is that if the camera moves closer to the model, the black shadow pushes back away from the camera and you see the normal car texture (like there's a point if you get close enough that it disappears, like there's a radius around the camera location).

I'm wondering if anyone else who has my Silverliners or E44 could check and see if they see the same thing. The other thought I had was that it could be a video card setting or driver issue.

Steve

#4 User is offline   BillC 

• Conductor
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

Steve,
If this route is public domain or you are willing zip up the route, I would be interesting to take a "programmers view" of it. What is absolutely need are .cvf file and .eng files. I am assuming that you are modeling this as an
electrical unit. Tracks should not affect the operations.

Post here if you want to pursue this.

Bill

#5 Inactive_mestevet_*

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

View PostBillC, on 14 December 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

Steve,
If this route is public domain or you are willing zip up the route, I would be interesting to take a "programmers view" of it. What is absolutely need are .cvf file and .eng files. I am assuming that you are modeling this as an
electrical unit. Tracks should not affect the operations.

Post here if you want to pursue this.

Bill

Thanks Bill, the different routes where this happens are either:
a ) default MSTS (in the case of the NEC and the Tokyo-Hakone)
b ) publicly available (the NECv4 - which was an upgrade/replacement of the default NEC, one of the most popular US MSTS routes, available on TrainSim.com:

MSTS Northeast Corridor Route
Name: necv4.zip Size: 30,925,416 Date: 03-12-2003 Downloads: 26,134
MSTS Northeast Corridor Route v4.2.28.3 (NEC 4). Installs a stand-alone NEC v4 route to a unique USA1A directory. Does not affect any routes on the users system. Requires a full default install of MSTS. New version of the Northeast Corridor Route by Vince Cockeram and the NEC Track Team.

c ) my very own "test" type routes

But that's why I'm kinda thinking the issue with the "black shadow" isn't the route but rather something with my model or something basic like the video card drivers or settings (since it happens on every route I've tried so far). I'm sure the "black shadow" issue is wholly separate from the operational issues I was experiencing.

My Silverliner II cars, which are models of US Electric MU cars used around the Philadelphia area (including on the NEC), have been publicly available since 2008 and are also available for free download at TrainSim.com. So this is not a new model. I'm sure the basic operation of the cars has nothing to do with which route or track they're on, it has to do with the basic way engine controllers and brakes are handled (.ENG file type stuff with a smidge of .CVF file stuff for the control animations):

MSTS PRR & RDG EMU Silverliner II Set
Name: sliirtro-1.zip Size: 46,969,665 Date: 10-07-2008 Downloads: 2,418
MSTS PRR & RDG EMU Silverliner II Set. Model including cab view with textures and sounds taken from original cars still in service. Requires Bin patch. Includes 19 different PRR and RDG car numbers plus reversed cars. Upgraded physics, sounds, model, and new mega-interior view. Original model, cab view, textures and sounds by Steve Thomas. Stand alone package, does not require, nor will it overwrite SEPTA version.

Just to familiarize the OR Team that may not know me, I've been around the MSTS community for a while, have created a number of add-ons and know a thing or two about modeling for MSTS, the MSTS .ENG, .WAG, .CVF, and .SMS file formats. While I understand that OR may use the information somewhat differently, the same file formats are being read. So if my EMU cars, which operated successfully in MSTS for the last 3 years, now aren't functioning properly in OR, then OR must be doing something different with that information than was done in MSTS. No problem with that, OR is different, I just want to understand what those differences are, and maybe get some insight into how to set my cars right for OR.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Steve

{I will add that I've been checking this out in every electrified route I have, since the cars are electric, and the "black shadow" effect occurs every time. One thing I've noticed while driving the cars around on some of these routes, is that the surfaces that the "black shadow" appear on seem to change depending on which way the car is facing in regard to the sun, so it must be a shadow effect I'm seeing}

#6 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

You might give these suggestions a try.

Since recently taking the plunge into OR, I wanted to see how my Silverliner II cars performed. Maybe some of these things already have solutions.

1) Controller
Symptom in OR: The controller doesn't seem to really work right, not just the control animation in the cab view, but the basic function from the .ENG file. So what doesn't it do? First of all, it requires me to use the "W" key "reverser" to put the car into forward - there is no such control on the Silverliner. And it doesn't notch properly, meaning, it doesn't use the correct number of notches as they're defined for MSTS (it only has 3 instead of the correct 5) and it doesn't have the notches at the correct "power setting".

first thing to check is ensuring the eng and cvf files have the same notches. As you know, BillC, our resident cab controls, expert is on the case :>)

It also seems to accelerate slowly compared to the MSTS model and real life. Mind you, Joe Realmuto and I ran timed tests over known distances to get the acceleration performance correct in MSTS, since real life TE curves have never been found for these cars, but we did know speeds/distances/times from me actually riding the cars. I have not duplicated those tests in OR, but I'll probably need to.

Give it a try with both front & rear pantos in the up position.

2) Brake
Symptom in OR: Currently, the brakes are very slow in OR and react like the brake on a freight train, cylinder pressure is slow to build (accurate for a string of hopper cars, not so much for a 4 car MU train). This may be because of the way we had to choose brake parameters in MSTS to get the system to mimic the graduated release type brake or it may be the "more accurate physics" in OR. Since we tuned the brakes to work as close as possible to the real ones in MSTS, they might not function as well with that setup in OR. Whatever the cause, the brakes don't have the right reaction time and response, so something needs to be done. (just a note, this isn’t an “unrealistic expectations” thing, I think I can produce video that shows how quickly the brakes in the real cars respond)

Don't worry too much. In the near future, Open Rails will have its own version of MSTS .eng files that will have a independent set of braking parameters for higher realism. That way you can have optimized set-ups for MSTS and OR. For the short term please read the following on how you can adjust the behavior of the braking system in the Options menu.

Open Rails software has implemented its own braking physics in the current release. It is based on the Westinghouse 26C and 26F air brake and controller system. Open Rails braking will “read” the type of braking from the ENG file to determine if the braking physics uses passenger or freight standards, self-lapping or not. This is controlled within the Option menu.

Selecting Graduated Release Air Brakes in the Options menu allows a partial release of the brakes. Some 26C brake valves have a cut-off valve that has three positions: passenger, freight and cut-out. Checked is equivalent to passenger standard and unchecked is equivalent to freight standard.

The Graduated Release Air Brakes option controls two different features. If the train brake controller has a self-lapping notch and the Graduated Release Air Brakes box is checked, then the amount of brake pressure can be adjusted up or down by changing the control in this notch. If the Graduated Release Air Brakes option is not checked, then the brakes can only be increased in this notch and one of the release positions is required to release the brakes. Another capability controlled by the Graduated Release Air Brakes checkbox is the behavior of the brakes on each car in train. If the Graduated Release Air Brakes box is checked, then the brake cylinder pressure is regulated to keep it proportional to the difference between the emergency reservoir pressure and the brake pipe pressure. If the Graduated Release Air Brakes box is not checked and the brake pipe pressure rises above the auxiliary reservoir pressure, then the brake cylinder pressure is released completely at a rate determined by the retainer setting.

At the moment only single pipe air brakes are modeled. So the auxiliary reservoir needs to be charged by the brake pipe and depending on the WAG file parameters setting this can delay the brake release. When the Graduated Release Air Brakes box is not checked, the auxiliary reservoir is also charged by the emergency reservoir (until both are equal and then both are charged from the pipe). When the Graduated Release Air Brakes box is checked, the auxiliary reservoir is only charged from the brake pipe. The Open Rails software implements it this way because the emergency reservoir is used as the reference pressure for regulating the brake cylinder pressure. The end result is that you will get a slower release when the Graduated Release Air Brakes box is checked. This shouldn't be an issue with two pipe air brakes because the second pipe can be the source of air for charging the auxiliary reservoirs.

Open Rails software modeled most of this graduated release car brake behavior based on the 26F control valve, but this valve is designed for use on locomotives. That valve uses a control 44 reservoir to maintain the reference pressure and Open Rails software simply replaced the control reservoir with the emergency reservoir.

Increasing the Brake Pipe Charging Rate (PSI/Second) value controls the charging rate.

Increasing the value will reduce the time required to recharge the train; while decreasing the value will slow the charging rate. However, this might be limited by the train brake controller parameter settings in the ENG file. The brake pipe pressure can't go up faster than the equalization reservoir.

The default value, 21, should cause the recharge time from a full set to be about 1 minute for every 12 cars. If Brake Pipe Charging Rate (PSI/Second) value is set to 1000, the pipe pressure gradient features will be disabled and will disable some of the other new brake features, but not all of them. Brake system charging time depends on the train length as it should, but at the moment there is no modeling of main reservoirs and compressors.

3) External Model

Need to test on our machines. If we cannot reproduce the "effect" it may be something as simple as you updating your video card drivers

4) Sounds
Symptom in OR: Currently not all sounds for the Silverliner function as they do in MSTS, for instance the external horn does not function (the horn does function on other locomotives I've tested in OR, and the Silverliner's "cab view" horn, which is based on the same .wav recording, does function). Things like the "power" sounds, the "random radio chatter" and some of the control sounds also seem not to function.

Other community members noted this issue, too. It was resolved by check that no sound volume setting is higher than 1.0. Open Rails does not handle sounds properly if the volume setting is 1.2, for example. Setting those sound streams to 1.0 immediately allowed the sound to be played. We are working on a fix as we speak.

#7 Inactive_mestevet_*

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

View Postlongiron, on 14 December 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

first thing to check is ensuring the eng and cvf files have the same notches. As you know, BillC, our resident cab controls, expert is on the case :>)

Chris,

The number of notches in the .ENG and .CVF is the same. The nuance that I think maybe some folks are missing is that the controller in the real Silverliner II EMUs is different than in your typical Freight Diesel (or even some of the well known electric locomotives for that matter). I hope that folks read my description of how the real controller works in my original post, and that I came very close to that same operation in MSTS, with the settings that were released with the cars originally in 2008.

I'm guessing that because the type of controller in the Silverliners wasn't envisioned when the control algorithm was programmed in OR, that the way I set up the controller in the .ENG and .CVF that allowed it to work properly in MSTS (which is NOT conventional), isn't being recognized or handled the same way in OR.

In discussions since finalizing and releasing the Silverliner IIs three years ago, I've become aware of OTHER railroad rolling stock with non-standard type controllers. I'm aware that many trolley cars had a controller which functioned similarly to the type on the Silverliner. Indeed, the PRR's MP54 EMU cars (vintage 1915) had controllers that appear to be the forerunner of the Silverliner's controller (early "steam road" EMU's derived much from trolley experience). Aside from the Silverliner II & III cars, the Silverliner IV and NJT Arrow III cars use this type of controller currently. I was also told about the controllers used in Fairbanks-Morse diesels that also have no reverser and forward and reverse are handled by moving the controller in a sideways "U" shape (one leg of the U for forward, one for reverse) - see this: http://www.trainsim....orse-H12-44-cab

My point is, that what I'm asking isn't normal for late generation diesels, but there was a lot of equipment out there that used "unconventional" controllers that work this way...

Give it a try with both front & rear pantos in the up position.

As is typical practice with EMUs, there is only one pantograph on these cars. Let me also point out that double pantograph operation is not "normal" for a lot of electric equipment (anything PRR, PC, Conrail, and Amtrak is normlly operated with a single pan if it had two pantographs, EXCEPT the FF-2 motor-generator electrics the PRR got second hand from the Great Northern, or "double pantograph orders" like in icy conditions). And in real electric equipment, raising the second pan doesn't double the power... the pans in everything I'm familiar with are "in parallel" electrically.

Don't worry too much. In the near future, Open Rails will have its own version of MSTS .eng files that will have a independent set of braking parameters for higher realism. That way you can have optimized set-ups for MSTS and OR. For the short term please read the following on you can adjust the behavior of the braking system in the Options menu. {truncated for brevity}

I'm not worried at all! :discuss_gathering: What you provided helped me to understand where the braking is at, and I'll take a closer look at the options that are discussed. I was happy that the brakes seemed to function at all with "graduated" release without any modifications to my existing model. My issue was just in the "response". Again, I wonder if the "sporty" EMU type braking system, with big reservoirs and compressors and small systems on each car was envisioned in the brake coding...

Need to test on our machines. If we cannot reproduce the "effect" it may be something as simple as you updating your video card drivers

I'm trying to enlist some "independent" testers who are familiar with my cars and OR as well, and I will report back their findings as they come in. I'm very open to the possibility that this may be a video card issue, but I'm not going to dive into software updates until I have a stronger sense that's what's needed (too many other potential headaches with upsetting the delicate software balance on my machine, plus, I'm not entirely sure my ancient, albeit capable, card is even having software updates anymore! I'm hoping, if it is the card, that it may be as simple as some of the graphics settings on the card)

Other community members noted this issue, too. It was resolved by check that no sound volume setting is higher than 1.0. Open Rails does not handle sounds properly if the volume setting is 1.2, for example. Setting those sound streams to 1.0 immediately allowed the sound to be played. We are working on a fix as we speak.

This is one area where I may have "busted" the standard with my original MSTS .SMS files - I may have some "greater than 1.0" volume values in the Silverliner II .SMS files, and I'll have to check that. I was learning a lot about .SMS files back then, and was working on what turned out to be questionable advice!

Having said that, is there a list of the sound triggers that are currently enabled in OR? is there any guide as to how they work (because MSTS had no documentation on this, the "Steam4Me" document on MSTS sound triggers was only partially accurate I found after a lot of experimentation, and then BIN enabled some triggers that were never documented fully). I was always particularly disappointed in the way MSTS triggers operated with the action of brakes, and wish that OR could "get it right". One of my peeves was having MSTS play a brake sound repeatedly (at least for certain brake setups) for an "air discharge" instead of just allowing the stream to loop until the discharge finished. It just sounds wrong (in MSTS) to have "hiss" pause "hiss" pause "hiss"... instead of just "hissssssssssssssssss" done.

Steve

#8 Inactive_mestevet_*

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

Anyone who's interested, please take a look at this link to a YouTube video that describes how a Silverliner II is operated. It may help understand what I'm talking about with the controller. Note at 2:10, he shows how the conroller is operated in forward and then reverse:

Steve

{by the way, this was filmed by my friend Kevin, I was present when this was being done, I'm the guy he's talking turning around and talking to - we were being given a tour of the SEPTA Powellton Yard in Philadelphia}

#9 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

View Postmestevet, on 14 December 2011 - 06:08 PM, said:

As is typical practice with EMUs, there is only one pantograph on these cars.

I'm asking to see if the OR code is correctly handling electric MU'd cars. If you get much more acceleration with two panto up, then there's some work to be done on the coding side. If not, then we should help you to better understand the OR electric physics engine.

I'm not entirely sure my ancient, albeit capable, card is even having software updates anymore! I'm hoping, if it is the card, that it may be as simple as some of the graphics settings on the card)

If you don't mind, what's the make and model + VRAM

Having said that, is there a list of the sound triggers that are currently enabled in OR? is there any guide as to how they work

Developers are not the ideal ones to ask to write something down, so "no". Essentially, the team looked at a huge volume of sms files to figure out the MSTS/BIN triggers and duplicate their behavior. We're still catching some we missed. We probably could go back to the code to figure it all out, but most it's tough to find someone for the job ... and do it for free.

I was always particularly disappointed in the way MSTS triggers operated with the action of brakes, and wish that OR could "get it right". One of my peeves was having MSTS play a brake sound repeatedly (at least for certain brake setups) for an "air discharge" instead of just allowing the stream to loop until the discharge finished. It just sounds wrong (in MSTS) to have "hiss" pause "hiss" pause "hiss"... instead of just "hissssssssssssssssss" done.

Steve

Unfortunately, Open Rails doesn't change the full play length of wav files. If the sms file says play "one shot" or repeat wav for x times, then that's what gets played. The only real fix is to record a longer hiss wav.

#10 User is offline   dantheman 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

The black textures happen on my PC regardless of stock/route. It only happened after the new lighting was introduced (I forget which version).

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users