Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Logging Train using new video capture software Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   johnfrum 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

This is an eight minute video of a logger travelling between Camp Two and Summit on one of my Booth Lumber narrow gauge branches.

It's a "quick and dirty" test of a new video recorder that's just been released by the Dutch software maker PolderbitS. The recorder seems to work very well with MSTS, provided you're running a fairly powerful system (I'm using an i7 quadcore with 9 megs of RAM).

The software allows you to select a specific screen area to record. I designated a 1280 x 720 pixel box and fiddled with it until it more or less aligned with the edges of the 4:3 ratio MSTS screen, cutting off portions of the screen at top and bottom that include the heads-up display and the text that pops up whenever you adjust the throttle, reverser, sanding, etc.

This results in a pretty nice 16:9 high-definition recording. You still see the displays while you're running but they're off screen in the resulting video, making for a cleaner look.

Please excuse the jerkiness and lack of any production values.(It's my first attempt at a YouTube video)

I hope you'll click through to the YouTube page and run it in 720HD and Fullscreen:

-JF-

#2 User is online   Gman347 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

Very Nice Video John,

I took your advice and watched it in HD. The route, what we can see of it in the video, looks great; the train looks great. As an avid flightsim and trainsim fan I am always on the lookout for new video material. It's almost as much fun as actually doing the simming, although the quality of the productions certainly varies. I'd say you ought to be very pleased for a first attempt. I enjoyed it a bunch. :bigboss:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users