Elvas Tower: NYC Wooden Cabeese - Elvas Tower

No uploading is allowed here by anyone. That includes screenshots or other images. Any screenshot or image desired in any post must be hotlinked from an image hosting site(Photobucket, etc,) or existing topic in the main discussion forums.
  • 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NYC Wooden Cabeese Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1244
File Name: NYC Wooden Cabeese
File Submitter: charland
File Submitted: 14 Jul 2011
File Category: Caboose Std Gauge

NYC Wooden Cabeese

Two New York Central wooden end cupola cabeese.

Created in TS-Modeler by Paul Charland. Model contains Tim Muir couplers, air hoses, and wheel textures.

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

Are you sure that's not "cabii?" :bigboss:

#3 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

Hi Herb,

Think Cabins were Pennsy, Buggies, B&M, I probably should have called them Hacks, but I'm from here in Van country and chose to use a neutral term trying not to offend anyone!

Paul :-)

#4 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

View Postcharland, on 15 July 2011 - 02:38 AM, said:

Hi Herb,

Think Cabins were Pennsy, Buggies, B&M, I probably should have called them Hacks, but I'm from here in Van country and chose to use a neutral term trying not to offend anyone!

Paul,

EXCELLENT addition! I guess I should get cracking on a set of 1940's vintage FTs ;-)

Rick

#5 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

Hi Rick,

The route I'm about to post is set in Pre-WW II Amsterdam, NY, well at least Pre-US-WW II, certainly would work into the late '40s and first generation diesels. I stretched the lifespan of the FJ&G electric lines by a couple of years, some time after WW II their right of way became what is now the eastbound lanes of the new four lane Route 5... just have not found a date that that happened.

When I started this route it was set in the early '70s!

#6 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:38 AM

View Postcharland, on 15 July 2011 - 06:31 AM, said:

Hi Rick,

The route I'm about to post is set in Pre-WW II Amsterdam, NY, well at least Pre-US-WW II, certainly would work into the late '40s and first generation diesels. I stretched the lifespan of the FJ&G electric lines by a couple of years, some time after WW II their right of way became what is now the eastbound lanes of the new four lane Route 5... just have not found a date that that happened.

When I started this route it was set in the early '70s!

Paul,

I just checked 'www.thedieselshop.us' New York Central FTs 1600-1603 were built in June of 1944....

Rick

#7 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

Hi Rick,

Yes, when I chose 1941 I checked my old NYC diesel roster and found I was out of luck for any quickie diesel repaints. Even worse was finding I'd have to learn how to run a steam engine, something I wasn't too successful doing a few years ago!

I'm guessing the new Interstate would have gone in in the very late '40s or early '50s... just a guess though.

#8 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

View Postcharland, on 15 July 2011 - 07:20 AM, said:

I'm guessing the new Interstate would have gone in in the very late '40s or early '50s... just a guess though.

Hard to say. I was shocked to learn that I-91 through Springfield, MA (causing the 'decapitation' of New Haven's tower) was in the late 60's - early 70's. I was SURE I was much younger when that happened.

Same with the B&A trackage in Boston that was replaced by the Mass Pike extension, much later than I thought.

There may be more 'wiggle room' than you expected.

RGF

#9 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:19 AM

Hi Rick,

You may be right about a later date. Just remembered my uncle ran an asphalt plant around Swanton VT in 1964 when they were building I-89, a few years later he was foreman for the same company when they were building I-91 in the New Haven area. I guess all you'd need to do then would be to remove the FJ&G tracks and the overhead wires and poles to bring the route into the '60s... maybe change the cars and trucks too. After steam the NYC used an SW-1 for the work in and around Amsterdam, right through to Conrail times when traffic had declined so much the area was served by a local out of Selkirk.

#10 User is offline   Bob Edwards 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

View Postcharland, on 15 July 2011 - 08:19 AM, said:

Hi Rick,

You may be right about a later date. Just remembered my uncle ran an asphalt plant around Swanton VT in 1964 when they were building I-89, a few years later he was foreman for the same company when they were building I-91 in the New Haven area. I guess all you'd need to do then would be to remove the FJ&G tracks and the overhead wires and poles to bring the route into the '60s... maybe change the cars and trucks too. After steam the NYC used an SW-1 for the work in and around Amsterdam, right through to Conrail times when traffic had declined so much the area was served by a local out of Selkirk.

Paul,
The Interstate System came in to existence under the Eisenhower administration, and the mid 50's would even be pushing much of its construction. Its primary function was to enable rapid movement of military forces.

Bob Edwards

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users