Elvas Tower: 0-8-0 Freelanced Switcher/Transfer Locomotive - Elvas Tower

Library Rule

No uploading is allowed here by anyone. That includes screenshots or other images. Any screenshot or image desired in any post must be hotlinked from an image hosting site(Photobucket, etc,) or existing topic in the main discussion forums.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

0-8-0 Freelanced Switcher/Transfer Locomotive Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1232
File Name: 0-8-0 Freelanced Switcher/Transfer Locomotive
File Submitter: timmuir
File Submitted: 21 Jun 2011
File Updated: 13 Nov 2011
File Category: Steam Locos Std Gauge

MSTS FREELANCED 0-8-0 SWITCHER/TRANSFER STEAM LOCOMOTIVE AND TENDER.
3D Models and textures ©2010-2011 by Tim Muir
EXTREMELY HIGH POLYGON COUNTS IN EACH SHAPE.

Models created in Abacus Train Sim Modeler using the Northern Pacific F-1 2-8-0 as a start.

This model came about one day after looking at the NP 2-8-0 and I kept seeing a 0-8-0 trying to get out :book2: So the engine truck and wheels were removed, the frame shortened, pilot beam moved back, a second sand dome for the rear drivers was added with pipes, bell and dynamo moved forward to behind the stack, and the whole model shifted forward 0.914' to balance the distance between pulling faces. All motion animations had to be re-adjusted for this shift, which took one evening.

The tender was bashed together using the 1902 version F-1 tender as a starting point. Parts from existing models were stuck on and textures edited to suit. Tender and engine share textures from their respective texture files. It was a thoroughly enjoyable project, reminiscent of model railroading days.

The tender comes unlettered but there is within this archive a zip containing the .tga for those wishing to letter their tender. PSP files with layers can be supplied to individuals by request, via personal message at Elvas Tower.

Credits and thank yous:

Steve Thompson for supplying the drawings, photos and data for the original model F-1.

Allen Norton for allowing me the use of his 3D driving wheel TSM files, and building excellent steam locos in TSM as a catalyst to get me to try my hand at one.

Jon Davis, Barry (Captain Bazza) Munroe, and Bill Pratt for further incentives towards building steam locomotives through much study of their models.

Chris Van Wagoner for his help with the locomotive physics, which made the original locos come to life as true mountain hogs.

Jim Bebenroth for testing and positive input.

There's probably someone else I'm forgetting, please forgive me for it.

Thank you.

Click here to download this file

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users