Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

At The Railyard: London & Port Stanley Railway Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Train-a-Mania 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

...around the turn of the century, hundreds of interurban railways began popping up around North America. In Canada, a prime example was the London & Port Stanley Railway, which saw plenty of traffic in its heyday. Can it effectively live on in Microsoft Train Simulator?

The official "At The Railyard" website:
http://www.attherailyard.com

Have your own opinions about this route? Share them here:
http://www.attherail...stanley-railway

London & Port Stanley Railway:
http://lnps.msts.steam4me.net/
http://www.trainweb.org/elso/lps.htm
http://donsdepot.don...p.net/dr177.htm

#2 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

(Note: A repost of my comments at Train-sim.)

Hello Nick:

Interesting review!

I especially liked your superimposed images of the real world setting vs the V scale setting. Well done!

As for my "grading" of the original L&PS:

It was so far ahead of its time it was in a class by itself. Wayne Campbell singlehandedly took this platform from being that of a novelty, to actually being viewed as a SERIOUS TOOL for recreating historic lines in V scale, thus preserving said line. The modeling was revolutionary for its time, as well as its overall accuracy to the prototype, and his capture of "mood" was impeccable. Keep in mind, these comments are for the ORIGINAL work, not the excellent reworking being presented in the review video.

So how would I rate the L&PS?

Definite Seal of Approval with a final score of 100% and the third PLATINUM award given by "At The Railyard".

#3 User is offline   trainboy6218 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

:sign_thanks: i think the route is FANTASTIC! and that has to be my favourite episode if at the railyard yet! i really like the real modern photos being compared to the msts route! i agree with Andre. it is worth the 100% and platinum.

#4 User is offline   pinpuller 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:27 AM

Nick, I have this route and it's one of my favorites. I even have it on my laptop. It is very well done and captures the flavor of the era. Also one of the easiest routes to install. Aside from the route being superior I must say that your video review is outstanding. The way you blend the scenes is remarkable. Great talent there. I enjoy your website and your route reviews, keep up the good work.

#5 User is offline   Bernie 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:01 AM

This is definitely a platinum route, from the texturing to the innovative flag stop design. I have always enjoyed this route, and seeing the modern and MSTS photos "on location" was a great bonus. Thanks!! This is one of your best videos! :lol2: :oldstry:

#6 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:22 AM

Fantastic! My congratulations on an enjoyable, informative and professionally conducted trip. 2 thumbs up! :oldstry:

#7 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

For all I've studied on Stanley Kubrick, and have worked harder than Bob Fosse at points.... Nick always make's me feel like Ed Wood when he does these videos. 8P Though he's done many a great coverage for many a great route in past - I still think this is one of his best for one of the best routes there is. Friends look at me tinkering on other routes and smirk. But when I show them L&PS - their jaw drops and hits the table. If I could only be half as good as Wayne and Nick in all regards - I'd still feel like a king.

And always like Nick's soundtracks, and humorous outtakes at the end. The Oscars are coming up, and this has my vote for 'Best Educational/Documentary Short' for sure! :sign_thanks:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users