• Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1136
File Name: Small Fishing Boat Fleet
File Submitter: Huecuvoe
File Submitted: 23 Dec 2010
File Category: Vehicles

A fleet of four animated fishing boats modified from the original JP2FishBoat model. Each fishing boat comes in two versions. If animation is enabled, Moored boats will bob gently up and down and rock from side to side. Underway boats continuously travel a “loop-to-loop” path. There is no prototype for these models other than they sorta-kinda look a little like fishing boats to me. You must have the original JP2FishBoat.S shape file and JP2BoatCan.ace texture file from the JAPAN2 route to install these modified models.

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

Thanks Rich. But having a heck of a time using the installer to get these into my L&PS route? I figure the boats .S and .ACE should be in there already, as they were used before. But if pointing to anything other than .S folder I get 'Wrong Folder Selected'. And when I point it to the .S I get 'Main File Updating Failed. Operation Cancelled. Main File Data Integrity (CRC Error)' Where am I going wrong with these?

#3 User is offline   Huecuvoe 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

Installing the fishing boats in any of the route folders is a bad idea as the installer actually modifies and renames the original JP2FishBoat.s file, essentially destroying the original.

The purpose of the installer is to generate the modified shape and texture files from the Microsoft originals, not to install the fishing boats as scenery objects into a route. Using the fishing boats in a route requires knowledge of the Route Editor and the process of editing routes.

In your case, the error message indicates that the JP2FishBoat.S shape file found by the installer is not identical to the original file in the JAPAN2 route. I suggest that you copy the JP2FishBoat.S and JP2BoatCan.ace files from the original JAPAN2 route into the installer folder as described in the instructions and see how that works.

#4 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

Oh okay. They look like the same boats, but maybe were modified for the L&PS 5th Anniversary. So I copy the things like you describe, but am still unclear on how to run the installer things then? They don't want to seem to go anywhere else for me, and constantly get this 'Wrong Folder' message?

#5 User is offline   paulytechnic 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:23 PM

My apologies for dredging up such an old thread, but I do have a current issue with these in regards to both OpenRails and TSRE. I am able to successfully add these fishing boat models via TSRE, and they are visible in both TSRE and OR. However, they are just static and do not animate. I verified that the animation option is checked in TSRE, and they do animate correctly in Shape Viewer. Unfortunately, MSTS no longer functions with my current Win 10 setup, so I'm unable to check animation there.

The OR log file does list an error relating to one of the shapes involved:
Information: Skipped unknown lighting model index -1 first seen in shape c:\games\msts\train simulator\routes\bnsf_scenic\shapes\re_fishingboat_ahtotha.s
(Full log file attached.)

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue of objects animating properly in Shape Viewer, but not in TSRE or OR? I can provide other details/files, if necessary.

I'd also like to add that I've added other animated models via TSRE, and they've animated correctly in OR.

Attached File(s)

#6 User is offline   paulytechnic 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 December 2018 - 06:14 PM

Further research reveals that this problem is actually present in the original Kuju file these boats were based on: JP2FishBoat.S

This default file does not animate in OR or TSRE, but does in Shape Viewer. Does anyone know if there's something funky with the coding of the old default shapes that prevents animation in OR? I'm not noticing any obvious differences in the .s file structure when comparing to an animation that is known to work in OR, but of course I may be missing something subtle. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/unknw.gif

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users