• Group: Fan: Narrow Gauge Nuts
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

http://www.elvastowe...reenshot&id=816
File Name: D&RGW Stock Car 5751
File Submitter: bpratt
File Submitted: 10 Sep 2009
File Category: NG Stock Cars

350 Class 5 cars were ordered from the American Car and Foundry Co. in 1903 and delivered in 1904 and 1905. They underwent a minor revision and repair program in 1907, at which time the doors received their unique “double chevron” bracing. They were completely rebuilt in 1926 at which time they were painted black.

Some cars in this class, like 5609, had “double decks” for hauling sheep and hogs, and were identified by a small superscript D after the car number. Many lettering styles evolved through the years, and this car is identical to the previously uploaded 5639 except that it has a different lettering style

This car was modeled from Tomalco plans published in Sloan's “A Century + Ten of D&RGW Narrow Gauge Freight Cars, 1871 to 1981”, and the historical data is from this same publication. Howard Saunders performed file and texture tweaking, all lettering, and initial testing. Herb Kelsey performed additional testing, and Tom Werb performed the final Beta testing. The screen shot is courtesy of Howard Saunders.

Original File Name = Stock_5751_8_Sept_2009_Upload.zip

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   CrisGer 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

You might want to include a seperate skin for this stock car as some of them were painted the standard red brown colour ...i know because i saw them on the siding at the main yard in Durango when I moved into the area in 1992, I am not sure if there are still any of that colour in inventory.

Cheers

#3 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

Those would have been the cut down standard gauge cars that Charles Bradshaw modified for horse shipment to the Ah Wilderness and Tall Timber guest ranches. They weren't original D&RGW cars. :bigboss:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users