• Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1046
File Name: 4 Commercial Boat plans from 1943
File Submitter: SVRy_Steve
File Submitted: 16 Jul 2010
File Updated: 16 Jul 2010
File Category: Modeling Reference Material (handbooks, drawings, photos, maps, etc.)

Four commercial boat plans from 1943 Rudder magazines. High quality jpg files in a zip folder.

J. Murray Watts designed welded oftshore dragger Helga. 57 feet 6 inches overall, 16feet beam, 7 feet 10 inches draft.

J. Murray Watts designed Mobile shrimper Isabella. 50 feet overall, 15 feet beam, 5 feet draft.

J. Murray Watts designed west coast salmon troller Sally. 53 feet 6 inches overall, 15 feet beam, 5 feet 10 inches draft.

Oyster carrier by Weston Farmer 40 feet 5 inches overall.

Original File Name = boats.zip.zip

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   philmoberg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

View PostSVRy_Steve, on 16 July 2010 - 05:32 PM, said:

Oyster carrier by Weston Farmer 40 feet 5 inches overall.

What a delight to see Weston Farmer's older work still in circulation! As you can see by his sketch, he had as much a respect for the traditions he built on as he did the whimsical and the sentimental side of the art. I was introduced to his work by an article on his 12' steam launch Feeble, designed in the old New England tradition of boy's boats, as "an exercise in the serious importance of doing something for the hell of it." This was published in the now largely forgotten periodical Steam Boats and Modern Steam Launches, back in the '60s. The last of his work I saw published was a 12' motor launch, Irreducible, accompanying a Wooden Boat magazine article on the elements of small boat design.

Needless to say, his work had a great deal of influence on me, particularly with respect the the motivation necessary to undertake unusual projects. I heartily recommend his work to any of you with more than a passing interest in small craft of the earlier hald of the last century. -Phil

#3 User is offline   B & O GUY 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

Phil

Many of Wes Farmers designs are still available through the Dukworks web site. Address is
(http://www.duckworksbbs.com}

Allen

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users