• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Msts, Povray And Poser A little experimenting! Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   chuckzeiler 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 14 January 2004 - 09:55 AM

First, thanks Erik and Bill. It looks much better.

Wayne, I figured out today that MSTS2POV uses the Route Editor startup World file as the source. I extracted a tile (World file) from Sea View 3, placed Paul's modified D&H watch tower (modified with "little feet"), and rendered in MSTS2POV. When I did the final render in POV, all I got was the mountains and grass. I re-named the World file, but got the same results. It was then that I noticed that MSTS2POV was using a different World file, and would not render at all if I changed that number. On a hunch, I opened the SeaView3.trk file, changed the RE startup World file to the World file where I had placed the tower, and all was well.

Attached Image: sv3_1.jpg

Attached Image: sv3_2.jpg

#12 User is offline   wacampbell 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Fan: Traction Nuts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 12:36 PM

Hi Chuck,

I am glad you are still enjoying POV. It seems like you are mastering the camera settings - wide-angle etc. I haven't seen any water pictures yet - seaview must have some water somewhere!

Your deduction of the MSTS2POV behaviour with respect to starting tile is correct. Good detective work! At the time, it seemed like a reasonable assumption that on a one-tile route, the start tile would be the one in the route. But, I hadn't counted on your resourceful, 'tile extraction' technique. Its easy to fix and I will take care of it for the next release.

Wayne

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users