• You cannot reply to this topic

A special acknowledgement For a special bunch of guys! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Here is a replacement render for yesterday's pic. The loco's toolbox now has a proper padlock. This is what I am calling the Red Carpet Edition for Open Rails of the DRGW Class K27, road number 454, with tender. Historically, it is the first true Open Rails specific locomotive and encompasses many years of experience building USNG locomotives for MSTS, plus a few new tricks learned during the course of this project.

First, I'd like to thank all those people over the years who contributed to my understanding and knowledge of USNG railroading - and continue to do so......Two special mentions, amongst many familiar names, are Hadrians and Herb Kelsey. Without their enthusiasim I would not have gotten involved - starting way back with the original K21 model........and progressing through many more, such as the BumbleBee. Love those Baldwins.

My special thanks also go to fellow modellers, Bill Pratt, Tom Werb, and to NG buffs Zach and Nick. Your support keeps me going......
Has anyone heard from Geode, lately, because I include him here too, so hope he's okay? Sorry if I missed any names, my appreciation is no less for that.

A very big thank you goes to ALL the Open Rails Team! From Wayne down to the tea-boy*....hey, that's me? (*Coffee gofor.) Thanks for making my train sim dreams come true......and may the dreams get even better. The complex K27 model, and the forthcoming K37 model, projects would have otherwise been smoke without fire. So: THANK YOU FOR OPEN RAILS, guys, and no apologies for shouting.

Kind regards to all
Bazza

See below: ->

This post has been edited by captain_bazza: 29 March 2010 - 12:07 AM
Reason for edit:: Bad proof-reading of original!

#2 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Some how the render was renditioned......but is retrieved.
Attached Image: ORK27ver1RedCarpetEd2.jpg
Cheers Bazza

#3 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

Last evening I received permission from noted MSTS soundFX guru Stuart Williamson, allowing me to include his special wagon soundFX* file with the K27 and tender.....The setup I have developed for this project gives extra soundFX for the locomotive. This is done by inserting a special invisible wagon between the loco and tender. The extra soundset is linked to this wagon, thus it appears the sounds eminate from the loco (and tender, although it has its own good soundFX). These additional sounds give an added dimension (IMO) to the K27 'experience'.

I tried cutting in a similar wagon in front of the loco, but it did not like that for some reason....but the sound was great....and perhaps further tweaking of the InvisX wagon's physics might fix that.

The final effect was a great mixture of oddball soundFX which the ear associated with the locomotive's front and rear bogies. I hope this is something that could be done for OR at some future stage in its development. The ability to attribut soundFX/sets for various parts of the loco would add greatly to the overall steam experience.....that, and great smoke/steamFX too.

I look forward to the release of the next OR beta, errr, OR Concept Test release.

I would also like to acknowledge and thank Tim Muir for opening my eyes to the possibilities of good/great artwork in MSTS. I am not in his artistic league, I tread my own path up the mountain, so thank you, mate, for the guiding light.

Cheers Bazza

* Essentially, it's a Brit' 4xwheel wagon sound set.....perfect for bogie soundFX.

This post has been edited by captain_bazza: 28 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

#4 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

"My pleasure," he said while surrounded with 2-8-0's and 2-8-2's and little bobber Bazzabooses! :)

#5 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

We'll convert you over the Lighter Side of Dark, yet, Herb.

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif

#6 Inactive_geode_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

View Postcaptain_bazza, on 28 March 2010 - 05:16 PM, said:

My special thanks also go to fellow modellers, Bill Pratt, Tom Werb, and to NG buffs Zach and Nick. Your support keeps me going......
Has anyone heard from Geode, lately, because I include him here too, so hope he's okay? Sorry if I missed any names, my appreciation is no less for that.

Kind regards to all
Bazza

See below: ->

Thanks Capn, Still hanging around. Just not much to say.

Cheers Geode

#7 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:49 PM

Just not much to say.

I must say that's not a condition I find myself in very often. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sorry2.gif

Cheers Bazza

#8 User is offline   bpratt 

• Conductor
  • Group: Fan: Narrow Gauge Nuts
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

View Postcaptain_bazza, on 28 March 2010 - 05:16 PM, said:

First, I'd like to thank all those people over the years who contributed to my understanding and knowledge of USNG railroading - and continue to do so......Two special mentions, amongst many familiar names, are Hadrians and Herb Kelsey. Without their enthusiasim I would not have gotten involved - starting way back with the original K21 model........and progressing through many more, such as the BumbleBee. Love those Baldwins.

Capt,
I would like to second that statement. Without Hadrians and Herb, I would have given up TrainSim modeling a long time ago. Their help and encouragement kept me going when I thought it was hopeless and was about to throw in the towel". You, and the others you mentioned, have also been most encouraging and have added immensely to my enjoyment of the hobby.

:jawdrop2: , Bill

#9 User is offline   fredlove2laugh 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

Congrajulaations on this locomotive! It looks so realistic! Is it for MSTS?

This post has been edited by fredlove2laugh: 09 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

#10 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

Thank you Fred, unfortunately there's no chance of getting this 'special OR edition' to run in TS*. However, there are other MSTS specific versions of the K27 in the ET library.

*I tried to get a beta version to run in TS, but it would not load.

Cheers Bazza

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users