Elvas Tower: The Anthracite Project - Elvas Tower

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Anthracite Project The Largest Undertaking by Fallen Flag Shops yet Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

View Postsp4449, on 23 July 2010 - 06:46 PM, said:

I got the route early today and its great! I only had time to run a few miles of it, and I couldn't really tell the difference (other than the trackage) from the old one. What all was done to the route? Also, the readme mentions a rolling stock pack, but I can't seem to locate it. Is it not released yet?
Thank you,
Sam

I have the same question as Sam. Equipment pack seems to be unavailable at the moment.
:sign_thanks:

#12 Inactive_sp4449_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:21 AM

Nevermind, I just looked and its on trainsim now.

#13 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:46 AM

DITTO!!
:sign_thanks:

#14 Inactive_norman_*

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

View Postsp4449, on 23 July 2010 - 06:46 PM, said:

I got the route early today and its great! I only had time to run a few miles of it, and I couldn't really tell the difference (other than the trackage) from the old one. What all was done to the route? Also, the readme mentions a rolling stock pack, but I can't seem to locate it. Is it not released yet?
Thank you,
Sam

I am pretty sure that Paul Precht worked over the scenery.

#15 Inactive_trainsimer101_*

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

Sorry guys, been away for a while from these boards.

The scenery was overhauled from the default, ground textures were changed out, etc. And Everything is up that should be. Sorry for the VERY delayed response. Any other questions, PM me if I don't get to you on here as fast as I should :thumbup3:

Nate

#16 User is offline   Tuddley3 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

Is a previous route needed? Is this basically a patch for the older route release? There are consist files missing for the default activities.

The only ones that were included with the MSTS ScaleRail Lehigh Valley Route are...

SD40-2.con
SD40-2, 2 gon, 1 cab.con
SD40-2, Dash 9, 25 mixed.con
6 cement.con
5 refrigerator.con
3DTrains_FUnits_ATSF1.con
3DTrains_FUnits_ATSF2.con

All activities from the activity menu show "Unknown" for the Locomotive.

I guess the locos payware, so I tried to edit the loco's in the Editor & Tools and all activities in there came up empty. Also I didn't see an itemized list of rolling stock in any of the readme's.

I downloaded the single file download, and also downloaded the anthra_fix. The only thing I can think of is that I need the older version of LV v2 for this to work.

Also, I tried to email Mr. Muller by the email address in the readme didn't work (I got one of those Postmaster replies).

#17 User is offline   inflammable 

• Engineer

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

The 'Unknown' listing on the Train Selection screen is due to a case difference between the ENG file and the CON or ACT files. The listing inside the CON and ACT file must match the filename of the ENG file, and the three instances within the ENG file must match the filename, in order for things to indicate properly. This is due to something or another that was changed in Windows XP, and I presume it is still different in the later operating systems. I believe that Route Riter can fix all of those things.

Of the seven CON files you have listed, the first 5 of them are from the MSTSv 1.2 upgrade, which is the one that included the operable SD40-2, the cement cars, and the refrigerator cars. I don't know why they were included with the download.

I don't know anything to help you out with the actual route issues.

James

#18 Inactive_kelticsylk_*

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

The large firebox is related to the Wooten you see on all those Reading "camelbacks". Pretty much all of the railroads that worked the anthracite region also sported that wide firebox because hard coal needs a huge grate area. Many of the "camelbacks" were rebuilt with conventional cabs but kept that firebox.

The second "stack" is something I haven't seen before.

I may have drawings of some examples in my library. I will check.

#19 User is offline   Tuddley3 

• Fireman

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

View Postinflammable, on 04 January 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

Of the seven CON files you have listed, the first 5 of them are from the MSTSv 1.2 upgrade, which is the one that included the operable SD40-2, the cement cars, and the refrigerator cars. I don't know why they were included with the download.

Just from the popups while trying to load the activities, the consists are supposes to start with LV. For example the FFW-1 (Early) activity shows I'm missing the con file "LV RS-11 FFW-1,con", but I don't see any consists that resemble that.

I also tried to contact Werner Muller at his AOL email address, but it's almost like that email account has been closed. Does anyone know his username at trainsim.com so I can send him a PM?

#20 User is offline   Falcus 

• Conductor

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

@tuddly:

Go Download a Program called Route Control. That will analyze all your Activities, Consists, and Rolling stock, and tell you exactly whats missing, and where its missing.

Next:
The LV RS-11's Are freeware from one of the payware companys. Think it was the same one that did the Empire State Express (Can't remember the name of that specific company).

The ATSF F-Units are Freeware from 3dTrains (Literally just go their webiste, go to Downloads, and pick the corresponding F-unit) Here:
http://3dtrains.com/downloads/

After doing some research on the RS11's, whatever company made them seems to have allowed Columbus Locomotive Works to host the file, but regardless they can be found here:
http://columbuslocom...cy_products.htm

As per all CLW DLs, you will have to register to their site to DL anything, but thats all you have to do.

Ive never heard of FFW, so can't help ya there. But Route Control will probably tell you exactly what its looking for....

@Kelticsylk:
Think you got any drawings of those Tender booster's either? They were pretty prolific on certain roads and in certain places on most roads (Usually Tenders for Yard Goats and such), but I have yet to see a single MSTS model equipped with one..... Id still love to see an IHB U-3a with Tender Booster in the sim, lol. N&W even experimentally outfitted a Y-6b with not one set, but two! lol. Even had the counterweights painted black and Yellow checkers, lol.

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users